Need help with C++ work

79wjd

The first function has to be exactly like that, but the second one can (and needs) to be changed. But I'm not exactly sure what to change it to. 

The error I'm getting:

Binding of reference to type 'quadtree' to a value of type 'const quadtree' drops qualifiers.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The error I'm getting:

Binding of reference to type 'quadtree' to a value of type 'const quadtree' drops qualifiers.

can we have more code? for example the code where you call that function, and the header file with the declarations?

The error I'm getting:

Like Ciccioo said, we're going to need more code. But just shooting in the dark, I'd say that your buildTree() function is actually the culprit, but I'm not sure because we need more code.

Like Ciccioo said, we're going to need more code. But just shooting in the dark, I'd say that your buildTree() function is actually the culprit, but I'm not sure because we need more code.

can we have more code? for example the code where you call that function, and the header file with the declarations?

why does the parameter have to be const? More code plz.

Yep, it was buildTree, and I've got it all working...I'm just getting the wrong output. 

/I'd rather not post the code online though :unsure: My school has a strict "cheating" policy, and I don't feel comfortable with the fact that a quick google search of the code would bring any search right to this thread. Although, I do think the cheating policy is really stupid -- I'm only allowed to talk to TAs/other people currently taking the class.....Now the issue with that is the TAs are pretty much useless (because of how things are set up/how few of them there are); and well...I'm not the most "social" of people....so 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Yep, it was buildTree, and I've got it all working...I'm just getting the wrong output. 

/I'd rather not post the code online though :unsure: My school has a strict "cheating" policy, and I don't feel comfortable with the fact that a quick google search of the code would bring any search right to this thread. Although, I do think the cheating policy is really stupid -- I'm only allowed to talk to TAs/other people currently taking the class.....Now the issue with that is the TAs are pretty much useless (because of how things are set up/how few of them there are); and well...I'm not the most "social" of people....so 

Well, we can't really help without enough information... and if you refuse to do that, then you might as well not have asked to begin with?

But it's good that you're thinking about honesty and also have figured out the bug.

Okay, so I'm not really sure what exactly to do, and I'd prefer to talk to someone over steam or something.

So, if someone wouldn't mind giving me a hand that would be very much appreciated.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995561518/

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler