Corsair RMA

ImBleu

Hello,

So a friend of mine sent in their H100i after it stopped working and leaked on their motherboard and powersupply (luckily no GPU in at the time)  and today got a reply from the Corsair customer service saying they'll replace the H100i and for the PSU they said they'd give him a RM750

Originally he had some cheap 725w non-modular CoolerMaster EX2 725w but after seeing some not-too-good reviews on the RM series from JonnyGuru, kinda wanted to know:

How good is the Corsair RM750?

Is it worth sending them more money and upgrading it to an AX760 (paying the difference)?

Thanks Guys.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Hello,

So a friend of mine sent in their H100i after it stopped working and leaked on their motherboard and powersupply (luckily no GPU in at the time)  and today got a reply from the Corsair customer service saying they'll replace the H100i and for the PSU they said they'd give him a RM750

Originally he had some cheap 725w non-modular CoolerMaster EX2 725w but after seeing some not-too-good reviews on the RM series from JonnyGuru, kinda wanted to know:

Is it worth sending them more money and upgrading it to an AX760 (paying the difference)?

Thanks Guys.

The RM750 is actually really good.

Are you talking about the AX760i or AX760?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

The RM750 is actually really good.

Are you talking about the AX760i or AX760?

AX760 (non-'i' version)

AX760 (non-'i' version)

I'd say just keep the RM750, the only difference is Platinum vs Gold rating, which doesn't make a huge difference. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

If Corsair is giving him an RM for free then sure why not. The RM is only bad considering the price you pay for the hype and advertising. It's nothing mind blowing in terms of quality but for free it's better then a CM EX2

"Rawr XD"

The RM isn't a bad PSU. It has some issues which can be avoided by getting a different unit in that price range.

Since you're getting it for free, it's a heck of a deal.

The RM isn't a bad PSU. It has some issues which can be avoided by getting a different unit in that price range. Since you're getting it for free, it's a heck of a deal.

I was told it was a free RM750 or pay the $50 difference and get an AX760.

Not too sure which is better but my friend may want to go for the custom sleeved cables later-on which I believe don't work with the RM series PSUs.

Not too sure which is better but my friend may want to go for the custom sleeved cables later-on which I believe don't work with the RM series PSUs.

They work with RM as well.

Get the free RM.  Its not that the RM series is bad, its just that for the same price, much better alternatives are out there.  In terms of a free PSU, its a damn good model.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Get the free RM.  Its not that the RM series is bad, its just that for the same price, much better alternatives are out there.  In terms of a free PSU, its a damn good model.

It's possible to request money instead of the free RM PSU, what'd you have in mind?

It's possible to request money instead of the free RM PSU, what'd you have in mind?

Unless they're giving you $100, get the RM.

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 series is superior to the RM in every single way and costs the same when on sale.  750W = $80 and 850W = $100, both on NCIX.  I bought my 850 from NCIX in June/July for $100 after $20 MIR.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I have the random shutdown problem with AX760i on both brand-new one from Newegg and replacement unit from Corsair RMA!!!

It fried both my motherboard (Sabertooth 990fxR2.0) and my HDD (WD Blue 1TB).  Luckily, I can RMA both of them.

Sadly, I have to ship the unit from my country (Thailand) to Hong Kong for the first unit and to Taiwan for the second unit.

I read the review in Amazon and found that a lot of people in Amazon have the same issue as I have.  Feeling down that I chose AX760i because Corsair Link and it cause only pain in the XXX for me!

The RM series is a much better power supply than the CM EX2 725w. Even the CX750 would have been a good replacement as well.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=369

I can't find a review of the RM750 in particular, but they gave the RM850 a fine review. I don't personally feel that Corsair's quality is in question, just the prices they charge for that quality. If they're giving you an RM750 for free, take it and be happy in my opinion.

I have the random shutdown problem with AX760i on both brand-new one from Newegg and replacement unit from Corsair RMA!!!

It fried both my motherboard (Sabertooth 990fxR2.0) and my HDD (WD Blue 1TB).  Luckily, I can RMA both of them.

Sadly, I have to ship the unit from my country (Thailand) to Hong Kong for the first unit and to Taiwan for the second unit.

I read the review in Amazon and found that a lot of people in Amazon have the same issue as I have.  Feeling down that I chose AX760i because Corsair Link and it cause only pain in the XXX for me!

Thats why I went for the 760, I don't like the 'i' series. Corsair link isn't too good.