Microsoft Talks Minecraft Buyout, Possibility of Minecraft 2

Bloodyvalley

I dont think you understand.

Currently we are at 1.8

after 1.8 comes 1.9

after 1.9 will come 2.0

They are just linearly numbered updates. Minecraft 2.0 will not be drastically different from minecraft 1.9, in the same way minecraft 1.8 is not drastically different from 1.7

They are not making a new game, its just an update that adds features. Minecraft 2 is inevitable, it will come some day or another, but currently 1.9 has to come first.

Just as an example, when minecraft 1.0 was released, it was just another update from beta 1.9, not a different game.

Unless they plan to follow the messed up 1.9 > 1.10 > 1.11 numbering scheme (which I highly doubt), minecraft 2.0 will come after 1.9. No surprise.

Wrong, after 1.9 comes 1.10, don't think of the . as a decimal holder, but rather a separator.

I hope all these problems, complains, cross platform restriction and whatnot is all worth it because damn Microsoft don't fuck this up please. They gotta respect the people that put countless hours into making awesome and fun mods for minecraft. Java is still a problem if you don't have a beefy rig. Experiencing lag in single player world. Maybe I should try optifine? I dunno. MC 1.7 is not entirely ready yet and still beta testing like crazy. Sigh :/

Wrong, after 1.9 comes 1.10, don't think of the . as a decimal holder, but rather a separator.

Im pretty sure mojang have said several times that 2.0 is coming soon so I would expect it after the 1.9 release...

I hope all these problems, complains, cross platform restriction and whatnot is all worth it because damn Microsoft don't fuck this up please. They gotta respect the people that put countless hours into making awesome and fun mods for minecraft. Java is still a problem if you don't have a beefy rig. Experiencing lag in single player world. Maybe I should try optifine? I dunno. MC 1.7 is not entirely ready yet and still beta testing like crazy. Sigh :/

wtf?

1.7 has been released for months, what are you talking about?

even 1.8 is already out, and 1.8.1 is coming in the next couple weeks...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1.8 now has multithreaded rendering

i did not know that and how many threads/cores can minecraft use now?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Im pretty sure mojang have said several times that 2.0 is coming soon so I would expect it after the 1.9 release...

wtf?

1.7 has been released for months, what are you talking about?

even 1.8 is already out, and 1.8.1 is coming in the next couple weeks...

No what I mean is the modpack version and not minecraft 1.7 itself alone. I play different kinds of modpack like Feed The Beast and ATlauncher version. I am aware that minecraft 1.8 is out already but not all mods are update to 1.8 yet so most of the popular mods are still on 1.7. Sorry for my confusion there buddy :unsure:

No what I mean is the modpack version and not minecraft 1.7 itself alone. I play different kinds of modpack like Feed The Beast and ATlauncher version. I am aware that minecraft 1.8 is out already but not all mods are update to 1.8 yet so most of the popular mods are still on 1.7. Sorry for my confusion there buddy :unsure:

the people that have minecraft makes the mods and not everyone has time to update there mods

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

If its laggy you probably are not using the latest version of java 1.8.

Minecraft 1,8 had a ton of optimisations done to it, and now runs at 600+fps on my PC up from 150.

could you give me a link to the download i can't find the download for java 1.8

Spoiler

could you give me a link to the download i can't find the download for java 1.8

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Spoiler

Oh I see what you mean.

i did not know that and how many threads/cores can minecraft use now?

More than one ;)

But now you can have 10000 mobs in your game but you still get 100+fps because all that lag is being processed by a separate thread. It works great 

thanks

np :)

Spoiler

the people that have minecraft makes the mods and not everyone has time to update there mods

Exactly. Everyone has something to do IRL so I don't blame them for being slow on the updates. Also they need to adapt to the new coding from minecraft since they changed it ALOT after 1.6 so that also contributed for the update delay. I just love MC a lot and would like some optimization before all the mods updates to 1.8. Been lagging like hell in SP :(

Oh I see what you mean.

More than one ;)

But now you can have 10000 mobs in your game but you still get 100+fps because all that lag is being processed by a separate thread. It works great 

np :)

ok well i only have 2 cores at the moment so i don't think i will see a huge performance increase and because i am using intel hd graphics 2000 :(

Spoiler

Exactly. Everyone has something to do IRL so I don't blame them for being slow on the updates. Also they need to adapt to the new coding from minecraft since they changed it ALOT after 1.6 so that also contributed for the update delay. I just love MC a lot and would like some optimization before all the mods updates to 1.8. Been lagging like hell in SP :(

yeah

Spoiler

Use C++ minecraft: http://minetest.net/

It's a Minecraft clone coded in C++.

see this is how it needs to be done. yes. c++ is considerably faster than java. BUT if microsoft were to go and do this, do you really think they will use the standard version of C++ so that it cross compiles with only minor modifications. HELL NO! they will use their visual c++ whatever version and that will not compile on other platforms without significant modifications or worse completely rewriting the whole thing for other platforms which then means they are maintaining effectively two versions. one for windows which will be updated much faster and more frequently and one for mac/linux that well when we get to it, we get to it. moving to C++ is a good idea but cannot be done by microsoft. i just dont see it ending well

GG, sequel to a sandbox.

Everyone expect Garrys Mod 2 soon as well. That would make sense though, because it would be on Source 2, which would imply higher-end graphics.

Isn't Garry's Mod just Garry's Mod 10 anyways? I remember something about there being Garry's mod 9 as an older version.

I don't think there is anything wrong with making bigger better newer games, nobody keeps people from playing the old game.

But a new game once in a while is some fresh air.

Nobody plays anything cool in Garrys Mod anymore, only the same few Mods have a populated Server, the small, innovative and interesting stuff all died out.

Same with Warcraft 3 and the likes.

I would appreciate a Minecraft 2.

GG, sequel to a sandbox.

Everyone expect Garrys Mod 2 soon as well. That would make sense though, because it would be on Source 2, which would imply higher-end graphics.

Well, when Garry's Mod 10 came to steam everyone called it Garry's Mod $10. right now we are at Garry's Mod 14 so if we continue with this trend Garry's Mod 20 will some to Steam 2 in 2020 and support content from Unreal Engine 9 and people will call it Garry's Mod $20.

Well, when Garry's Mod 10 came to steam everyone called it Garry's Mod $10. right now we are at Garry's Mod 14 so if we continue with this trend Garry's Mod 20 will some to Steam 2 in 2020 and support content from Unreal Engine 9 and people will call it Garry's Mod $20.

Huh, I didn't know about this until multiple people called me out on it.

Consider my first statement null and void.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

"oh wait, we restrict PC so they can't use mod servers anymore" will be their solution.

I hate when bad things are right.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Calling it now.

1) Windows 10 Exclusive like Project Spark is a Win 8.1 exclusive. Windows 10 will have a subscription fee, and this is the MAIN reason they spent 2 billion on this franchise. They need enticements to get people on a subscription plan and on Direct X 12 before Kronos, AMD, Nvidia come up with a new low level OpenGL. Until that happens? Steam OS is dead in the water on anything but Nvidia hardware, which makes it a no go.

http://richg42.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-truth-on-opengl-driver-quality.html

^ That would be why Steam OS is delayed, why all Steam Machines have Nvidia GPU's and why a new OpenGL is being created from the ground up. Vendor A=Nvidia, B=AMD, C=Intel. MS simply needs to get people on a sub plan and get DX 12 majority market share or high enough that game developers use it, before that happens. ATM AMD has no reason to really support OpenGL when it is heavily slanted towards Nvidia hardware. We simply need a new OpenGL and they are working on it. It requires AMD and Nvidia to get along though so yeah...

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/khronos-wants-to-make-opengl-a-low-level-api-amd-wants-to-help/

2) I imagine Halo 5 will be the first Direct X 12 game. MS previously said the first DX 12 game will be out Holiday 2015, which is Halo 5's release date. This gets two demographics on board that are very different. I imagine MS is also pressuring Square Enix to make Tomb Raider DX 12 and it may be included in the contract, which neither party will discuss. PC will not get MCC collection. MS needs to sell the Xbox this Holiday season. They may get it a year later.

3) Say goodbye to most modding and say hello to DLC up the ass. This is no longer a sandbox game. 

Phil Spencer is full of it and this is NOT about Xbox as much as it is about Windows 10. If it was about Xbox the money would have been better spent making the next Mass Effect a Xbox/PC exclusive and it probably would have cost WAY less.

Phil also keeps talking about how they are "going to do more for PC Gaming". Twice in the last year. MS has this planned and they are going to spend a metric @$%^ ton on marketing Windows 10 and Halo and Minecraft and how great the sub plan is for gamers and integrate Minecraft DLC or any allowed modding with their app store. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I dont think you understand.

Currently we are at 1.8

after 1.8 comes 1.9

after 1.9 will come 2.0

They are just linearly numbered updates. Minecraft 2.0 will not be drastically different from minecraft 1.9, in the same way minecraft 1.8 is not drastically different from 1.7

They are not making a new game, its just an update that adds features. Minecraft 2 is inevitable, it will come some day or another, but currently 1.9 has to come first.

Just as an example, when minecraft 1.0 was released, it was just another update from beta 1.9, not a different game.

Unless they plan to follow the messed up 1.9 > 1.10 > 1.11 numbering scheme (which I highly doubt), minecraft 2.0 will come after 1.9. No surprise.

Jeb stated a while back that they would go from 1.9 to 1.10 as a 2.0 is just something you use for really big changes, not something that is supposed to come in a normale incremental update

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Jeb stated a while back that they would go from 1.9 to 1.10 as a 2.0 is just something you use for really big changes, not something that is supposed to come in a normale incremental update

Not if microsoft has their way

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it