what are the best cheap 140mm case fans and question about best fan config on cpu water coolers.

I need new fans for my computer, as my current ones are really noisy. I just need 3 new 140mm fans to replace my current noisy 140mm fans. Does anyone have the corsair air series SP140 LED fans? If yes, whats it like in terms of noise and performance? I'm happy for any other suggestions, but not too expensive like the NOCTUA fans. I don't really care much for LEDs either. I've got a coolermaster nepton 280L cpu water cooler, what do you guys reckon would be the ideal fan configuration? Atm I've got 4 fans on the radiator... 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top as a push and pull configuration, but im stuck with one 120mm fan on the bottom left of the radiator, the one close to where the rear exhaust fan is located. A 140mm fan would not fit due to my motherboard being in the way. So my question is... Should i just use 2 fans on the radiator, top or bottom, or should i keep it the way i have now? My case is a corsair 750D.

I need new fans for my computer, as my current ones are really noisy. I just need 3 new 140mm fans to replace my current noisy 140mm fans. Does anyone have the corsair air series SP140 LED fans? If yes, whats it like in terms of noise and performance? I'm happy for any other suggestions, but not too expensive like the NOCTUA fans. I don't really care much for LEDs either. I've got a coolermaster nepton 280L cpu water cooler, what do you guys reckon would be the ideal fan configuration? Atm I've got 4 fans on the radiator... 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top as a push and pull configuration, but im stuck with one 120mm fan on the bottom left of the radiator, the one close to where the rear exhaust fan is located. A 140mm fan would not fit due to my motherboard being in the way. So my question is... Should i just use 2 fans on the radiator, top or bottom, or should i keep it the way i have now? My case is a corsair 750D.

What you need is a new text color.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Faceman why didn't you just quote him (which you've already done) & it'll automatically change it to black then read it. O_O

I'm surprised but you don't need to spend said money on pretty fans...all the time. SP140s?

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

-snip-

Just use two fans in push or pull, the temp difference isn't that much. As far as cheap 140mm case fans that are decent, Bitfenix Spectre (not Spectre Pro) or GELID Silent 14

"Rawr XD"

Rosewill Hyperborea/Akasa Apache 140mm are good and inexpensive.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Just use two fans in push or pull, the temp difference isn't that much. As far as cheap 140mm case fans that are decent, Bitfenix Spectre (not Spectre Pro) or GELID Silent 14

You wouldn't recommend the corsair 140mm fans? I like to buy from www.mwave.com.au. I live in Australia. Do you guys also recommend that i replace my stock corsair 750d FANS, or are they okay?

LEDs fans would probably honestly be better for looks, but if there are cheap fans out there, that are ALOT better, than i can live with that..

You wouldn't recommend the corsair 140mm fans? I like to buy from www.mwave.com.au. I live in Australia. Do you guys also recommend that i replace my stock corsair 750d FANS, or are they okay?

LEDs fans would probably honestly be better for looks, but if there are cheap fans out there, that are ALOT better, than i can live with that..

Honestly if you don't want to spend the money for something like Noctua fans then there's not much that will be worth the effort over stock Corsair fans

"Rawr XD"

snip

If you're using the included Cooler Master fans, those are some damn good fans, just turn the RPM down.  You have 4 fans in push/pull?  That is crazy!  Turn the RPM down to 1,000-1,200 and it will be quiet while performing very well.  I have a Seidon 240M with just 2 fans in push @ 1,250rpm and it is quiet while performing well.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Yeah I'm using the included coolermaster fans, but they are so dam loud. They're the ones that I'm thinking about replacing as my top priority... I've also got a ASUS m5a99fx pro r2.0 and im using the quiet fan mode.. When im playing games such as battlefield 4... the fans start revving up so dam loud. I also got a r9 290... Which most likely isn't helping me with temperature and noise lol.. Anyway i might just go ahead and put the 2 included cooleraster fans in push under the radiator and see how that goes, or pull on top of the radiator like Linus likes to have it. I'll be back to post my results, atm I'm getting around 50 degrees celsius max on the CPU while gaming. It is also pretty hot today. 

Swiftech Helix fans are good if you keep the RPM down. Cheap too. 

ok... i just made it a pull configuration with the 2 included CM fans on top of the radiator... Temperatures are alot worse than before. Before the temperatures only reached to a maximum of about 50 degrees, now it had reached up to 60 within about 7minutes of bf4 gameplay. The 2 fans on the radiator is connected to the cpu_opt connector on the motherboard. I set the fan profile to silent in the motherboard's program manager AI suite, and it still got pretty loud. If i were to say.. buy 2 NOCTUA af14s.. 140mm... would my noise level and temperatures improve? Maybe than i could set my fan profile to turbo and it won't be as loud?

Sorry for double posting.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27879

NFP14s as my 2 front intake fans and 1 as my rear exhaust fan.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=23867

NFA14s 2 of them in a pull configuration on top of my nepton 280L radiator.

What do you guys think of this setup? is it good and will it improve my temperatures?

At the moment I'm using a 140mm fractal design and a stock corsair 140mm fan that came with the case as my 2 pull configuration fans on top of my radiator. For rear exhaust I'm using one of the coolermaster jetflo fans that came with the cooler. The 2 front intake fans were never removed when i bought the case, so i still have the 2 stock corsair fans as front intake.

So, do you guys reckon the new noctua fans setup would help improve temperatures and noise?