Choosing the right psu

BabaDaMonkey

the build itself throws me an error 404 page not found, but that PSU is pretty nice, if you can afford a few more bucks go for the 750 G2, it has much better quality but the NEX will still be fine

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

This is the psu im getting http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr will it be good? Heres my build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PvmsvK. If thats not a good cpu can you recommend one thats good? Thanks

umm the link to your build does not work

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

The powersupply will be good for any single gpu system. EVGA PSUs are very high quality. Your pcpartpicker link does not work though.

evga psu are good enough.

although if it's me I'd normally go seasonic just for the fact that their reliability was so awesome when I had one faulty. i have right now 14 psu from seasonic bronze and gold and platinum rated psu and only one which is a bronze failed on me after 6 months and they replaced it 3 days later with a brand new one. shipped to them and 3 days later I got shipped back a newer model :).

and that's the only psu that has gone bad on me after 14 psu from them.

evga is also good but I've only ever owned 3 psu from them and so far all good but not enough for me to totally justify from experience but still I say thumbs up from them.

fsp is fairly decent for the price although I've only own 8 psu from them so far non has gone bad and all are good. warranty wise I haven't experienced it from them since I never had the need to.

Hec only had 1 psu from them back in 2010 and it's still running like a freaking champ right now which is the Hec raptor 2 500w 80plus. it has a 2500k and a 580 oc like crazy and also 24/7 for the past years (nearing 3 years) and still going good. been trying to kill it by loading it with lots of stuff and still stay strong but it's not something I recommend.

Live your life like a dream.

This is the psu im getting http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-120g10650xr will it be good? Heres my build http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PvmsvK. If thats not a good cpu can you recommend one thats good? Thanks

The NEX650G is only an okay PSU. It's an FSP Aurum so mid-grade caps and soldering job is nothing to write home about. In performance, ripple supression and voltage regulation were nothing mind blowing either. It's good for the money, but if you really want a good quality PSU then shell out a bit more money and get a Rosewill Capstone or Seasonic G

"Rawr XD"

you have to use the permalink otherwise its what ever i have in the system build

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

you have to use the permalink otherwise its what ever i have in the system build

the other one was the perma link though

can you give me the permalink again

Spoiler

Your link is broken.

The NEX isn't a very good PSU line. If you have the extra bucks, get the Supernova G2 550W for single GPU & 750W for dual GPU. The seasonic G series is also good.

the build itself throws me an error 404 page not found, but that PSU is pretty nice, if you can afford a few more bucks go for the 750 G2, it has much better quality but the NEX will still be fine

umm the link to your build does not work

The powersupply will be good for any single gpu system. EVGA PSUs are very high quality. Your pcpartpicker link does not work though.

Your link is broken.

The NEX isn't a very good PSU line. If you have the extra bucks, get the Supernova G2 550W for single GPU & 750W for dual GPU. The seasonic G series is also good.

There was a period at the end of the url. It works if you omit it. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PvmsvK

I'd suggest going with a 750B2 instead--it comes from a better manufacturer (Super Flower instead of FSP)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

There was a period at the end of the url. It works if you omit it. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/PvmsvK

I'd suggest going with a 750B2 instead--it comes from a better manufacturer (Super Flower instead of FSP)

gah of course there was *face palm* 

i mean that in a way as i didn't know that

Spoiler

It's great but I'd go with the cheaper 750B2.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Your link is broken.

There is no such psu as a Supernova G2 550W. 

There is no such psu as a Supernova G2 550W.

I mean't the SSR-550RM. My bad.