Nervous about malware/adware

Berble

I recently downloaded cheat engine and I guess I messed up somewhere because I got a few malware programs with it.  Safefinder was a particular adware that I couldn't uninstall until I ran some scans with Ccleaner and malware bytes and that quarantined a lot of stuff and I was able to uninstall it. I ran a scan in spyhunter and it said that I have some adware called "snap.do" but to fix/delete it I had to pay. I haven't noticed it anywhere and my computer seems to be running the same so I'm just curious to whether I should take some action here to stop whatevers in my computer until its too late. Thank you

scan your whole PC with malwarebytes and a separate antivirus

the antiviruc can be AVG (free) or avast (also free)

that should be all you need to do to get rid of it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I reccomend using Malwarebytes and AVG to scan it, but do it in safe mode. Good luck, I have some cracked AVG 2018 codes that last forever, pm me if you want them.

My Rig: AMD FX-6300, Gigabyte Windforce 280x, 8GB Adata XPG 1866 Mhz

Coming soon  :lol: : Two Kuhler 650's, one on the cpu, the other paired witha Kraken G10 

I ran another scan with malware bytes and there were only a couple of issues that were quarantined. For some reason now my games run in about half the fps they used to when it was just fine about 2 hours ago... ill try avg

Eset online scanner. Be aware of cracked games/programs. They could be a threat if they're not from a reliable source. For crapware/adware use ADW Cleaner, that will help. Always scan with MalwareBytes.

well if all else fail. format the bejesus out of it. go buy a new ssd or hdd slap em in yer pc and install your os and you're good to go :).

I kinda do that sometimes when I'm too busy to diagnose something. just buy new ones and slap them in and if it happens to be faulty rma it and just buy a new one if you got the cash.

Live your life like a dream.

do a sistem restore. scan in safemode with, malwarebytes, hitmanpro, spybot. make sure your firewalls are on

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

I recently downloaded cheat engine and I guess I messed up somewhere because I got a few malware programs with it.

Do you mean that you got malware when you downloaded that cheat engine? If you did, I can't help but find that kind of ironic. You probably shouldn't be trying to cheat in any game IMO. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I recently downloaded cheat engine and I guess I messed up somewhere because I got a few malware programs with it.

Serves you right then.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

lol i got cheat engine for borderlands because it allows you to do things like spawn whatever enemy you want as many times as you want and other fun things like that. im affecting nobody else's experience and just trying to have a little more fun with a game. i don't see how this "serves me right" for trying to do something that only affects me

lol i got cheat engine for borderlands because it allows you to do things like spawn whatever enemy you want as many times as you want and other fun things like that. im affecting nobody else's experience and just trying to have a little more fun with a game. i don't see how this "serves me right" for trying to do something that only affects me

Oh, okay. Sorry then. You should have specified that, you know.

Anyways, try malwarebytes. If it fails to find anything you can always format your drive. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud