Dragon Age Inquisition PC Requirements

I did not see a post about the requirements for this game so i wanted to make abost about them ans see what you guys thought.  I also shared my PC specs below, and wanted to know you thought I would be able  to play this game on Ultra settings in 1080p?

From the official Dragon Age website, the requirements are:

Minimum PC Specs

• CPU: AMD quad-core CUP @2.5 GHz / Intel quad-core CPU @2.0 GHz
  • System RAM: 4 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 4870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
  • Graphics Card Memory: 512 MB
  • Hard Drive Space: 26 GB
  • DirectX 10
  •  

Recommended PC Specs

• CPU: AMD six-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz / Intel quad-core CPU @3.0 GHz
  • System RAM: 8 GB
  • Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
  • Graphics Card Memory: 3 GB
  • Hard Drive Space 26 GB
  • DirectX 11

Now I have a i7-2600, Geforce GTX770 w/2GB, 16 GB ram 1333, 1 TB SSD.  I was wondering if you guys believed I would be able to play this game in Ultra settings based on the specs above or if I should upgrade anything?

Thanks for reading and appreciate any constructive feedback.

Shep

Looks like you could hit ultra. Hell this is a lot more realistic than the AC:Unity requirements (R9 290x/GTX 780 lol ubisoft).

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Nice and it will probably look awesome. Gotta love the optimisation on titles like AC:Unity, average-good graphics with insane requirements. I mean shadow of mordor wasn't that well optimised either, though not as horrible as some titles. :D

Hope my Phenom II @4Ghz will be alright.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Looks like you could hit ultra. Hell this is a lot more realistic than the AC:Unity requirements (R9 290x/GTX 780 lol ubisoft).

sml_gallery_20081_337_100806.png

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You should be fine. The only thing that might be a problem, is how high you can crank the textures. The recommended VRAM isn't as high as Shadows of Mordor, but I have a feeling BioWare is taking a similar approach; use uncompressed textures for high resolutions. 

I was wondering if you guys believed I would be able to play this game in Ultra settings based on the specs above or if I should upgrade anything?

It uses the Frostbite 3 engine and the system requirements are virtually identical to Battlefield 4. I don't think it would be a stretch to expect similar performance, if that means anything to you.

I do fine in Battlefield 4 on basically Ultra settings using a much weaker processor than yours and the same GPU (system in my profile), and if anything Inquisition may be less CPU-intensive since its not a 64-player free-form multiplayer.

Now I have a i7-2600, Geforce GTX770 w/2GB, 16 GB ram 1333, 1 TB SSD. I was wondering if you guys believed I would be able to play this game in Ultra settings based on the specs above or if I should upgrade anything?

i would guess that You can max out at 1080p. Enabling high Quality AA may cause slight slowdowns. Again just a guess..

Okay... so I broke down and bought.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125685

GIGABYTE GV-N970WF3OC-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready G-SYNC Support Video Card.

Now I am trying to determine which G-SYNC Monitor to go with it.  I really want to have the best gaming experience for this game.  Been waiting years for it to come out.

It is between:

Acer XB280HK bprz Black 28" 1ms 4K Widescreen LED Backlight G-sync LCD Monitor300 cd/m2 1000:1

OR

ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" 1ms(GTG) Widescreen WQHD LED Backlight LCD G-SYNC 3D Monitor , Gaming Hotkeys, 6mm Slim Bezel 350 cd/m2 100,000,000:1

What do you guys think?  Any other options out there?

Okay... so I broke down and bought.....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125685

GIGABYTE GV-N970WF3OC-4GD GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready G-SYNC Support Video Card.

Now I am trying to determine which G-SYNC Monitor to go with it.  I really want to have the best gaming experience for this game.  Been waiting years for it to come out.

It is between:

Acer XB280HK bprz Black 28" 1ms 4K Widescreen LED Backlight G-sync LCD Monitor300 cd/m2 1000:1

OR

ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" 1ms(GTG) Widescreen WQHD LED Backlight LCD G-SYNC 3D Monitor , Gaming Hotkeys, 6mm Slim Bezel 350 cd/m2 100,000,000:1

What do you guys think?  Any other options out there?

Ugh, to have that kind of monitor budget. :P

If its a single GTX 970 you might find 4K is a bit too much. I say its better to go with 1440p and have consistently great gameplay than to barely manage 4K. So I vote PG278Q.

That's some requirements how we know them: Minimum won't run shit; Recommended will not max it out; we need Titans; puddy puddy jabba - i make no sense.

who cares...

I should hopefully be able to run this on ultra by the looks of it! Thanks for the requirements!

I currently have a GTX 770 and I'm thinking about upgrading to a GTX 970 for this game. Think it'll handle Dragon Age at 1440p maxed out?