Should I OC SLI 2xGigabyte GTX970

DavidR

Hi, I'm having a SLI x2 of Gigabyte GTX970 ans I'm asking myself if I should try to overclocked it ? Will it give that much better performances ? I'm using a ROG Swift 27" as a screen.

Is the Gigabyte OC Guru II software enough to overclock them correctly? I guess I need to put the same specifications on both cards ? What are the steps to make a good OC for GPU cards in SLI? 

if you are running a single 1440p ROG swift, no, dual 970 is already a tad on the overkill side, if you ever buy triple 1440p displays, go balls to the walls on those suckers

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

I have two 970 g1 gaming and im gonna get a 144hz 1080 display and still gonna OC my cards lel... As soon as i get a hold of my ram and my PC can actually start that is, fkn ddr4.....

Edit: inb4 "major overkill" i might get two more monitors in the future.

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

If your power supply can handle it, go for it. Extra power is always good, if done the right way. Imo, go for it.