Google exec sets a new record for highest-altitude jump Breaking Felix Baumgartner’s World Record

Redbull apparently needs more wings to beat this  :/

wind.jpg

Alan Eustace, a senior vice president at Google, broke the world record for high-altitude jumps

The jump was made from the height of Earths Stratospheric layer at a height of about 135,000 foot from the edge of space, previous record was set at an altitude of 128,000 foot high..

1414177848482_wps_11_Parachutist_s_Recor

The record setting jump  was made at dawn where Alan was lifted by a balloon filled with 35,000 cubic feet of helium, from an abandoned runway at the airport .

Alan Eustace, 57

AL-Alan-Speech-4-phone-420x0.jpg

Mr. Eustace was carried aloft without the aid of the sophisticated capsule used by Mr. Baumgartner or millions of dollars in sponsorship money. Instead, Mr. Eustace planned his jump in the utmost secrecy, working for almost three years with a small group of technologists skilled in spacesuit design, life-support systems, and parachute and balloon technology

Mr. Eustace cut himself loose from the balloon with the aid of a small explosive device and plummeted toward the earth at a speeds that peaked at 822 miles per hour, setting off a small sonic boom heard by observers on the ground.

He did not feel or hear the supersonic boom as he passed the speed of sound, he said. He performed two slow back flips before a small parachute righted him.

1414178008495_wps_14_Parachutist_s_Recor

To break an aviation record is incredibly significant, There is an incredible amount of risk. To do it safely is a testament to the people involved.

-  Mark Kelly

Mr. Eustace’s maximum altitude was initially reported as 135,908 feet. The final number, based on information from two data loggers, Later submitted to the officials as 135,890 feet.

He carried modest GoPro cameras aloft, connected to his ground-control center by an off-the-shelf radio.

Alan accenting via specially designed helium baloon

25jump-1-master1050.jpg

Mr. Eustace said that his technical team designed and redesigned many of the components of his parachute and life-support system during the three-year development phase. Many of the redesigns were the result of technical surprises.

1414177970738_wps_13_Parachutist_s_Recor

His technical team had designed a carbon-fiber attachment that kept him from becoming entangled in the main parachute before it opened. About four-and-a-half minutes into his flight, he opened the main parachute and glided to a landing 70 miles from the launch site

He returned to earth just 15 minutes after starting his fall

“It was amazing,It was beautiful. You could see the darkness of space and you could see the layers of atmosphere, which I had never seen before.”

- Alan Eustace

1414177152223_wps_9_Eustace_Jump.jpg

Specially designed Baloon used to carry Alan to the Strats

1414179329664_wps_17_Parachutist_s_Recor

The previous record was set by Felix Baumgartner a well known event set  by Red bull & viral ..

_63460154_baumgartnerapredbullstratos.jp

VIDEO: (should've added this one early :/ sorry)

Bonus(s):

badassery-at-its-best_o_1511389.jpgi-wanted-too-as-well_o_577489.jpg

Your move red bull..

http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/24/google-exec-alan-eustace-stratex-high-altitude-jump/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/25/science/alan-eustace-jumps-from-stratosphere-breaking-felix-baumgartners-world-record.html

Post your thoughts & red bull rants down below...

Details separate people.

next step - high altitude jump while on a horse! ... that could totally be a old spice commercial :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

And there is google just once again one upping everyone else!

@LinusTech you're next!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

next step - high altitude jump while on a horse! ... that could totally be a old spice commercial :D

I'm on a horse. In space.

I know it's true, but I don't want it to be true because of the lack of build up for it, whereas Baumgartner got so much hype before it.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I'm on a horse. In space.

I know it's true, but I don't want it to be true because of the lack of build up for it, whereas Baumgartner got so much hype before it.

pic or it didnt happen

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Google literally is trying to be the best at everything now.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Video added check it out.. B) (at end credits, before the bonus tag )

Details separate people.

Sad this didn't get that much media covering! This is waaaay more empic than that jump from Felix Baumgartner! He is just on a balloon in a suit! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I can do it too, if I have enough money to burn. Money talks, nothing else.

I'll have more respect to this wealthy dude, if he does an ironman in Kona under 10 hours.

And there is google just once again one upping everyone else!

@LinusTech you're next!

(Linus in a space suit along with slick)This episode of tech quickie brought to you buy red bull.. it gives you wings..*Pushes luke out of the plane & Laughs like a demon*

Details separate people.

(Linus in a space suit along with slick)This episode of tech quickie brought to you buy red bull.. it gives you wings..*Pushes luke out of the plane & Laughs like a demon*

Linus: "Luke, you're fired." *Pushes luke out of plane. xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

This rich oldman kind of cheated idk <_<  why is he sleeping on a frame? and when he lands there still is a frame  <_< for stabilizing his fall i guess? Felix holds the record for the highest free fall i suppose.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).