A fine app to control your PC with your phone or tablet

Hello reader

First off all i want to mention that this isn't really a review but just a post to let you guys know of the existence of this app. :)

I came to the idea to let you guys know about this app since linus posted this new Techquickie about remote desktop applications.
If you haven't seen the video yes here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH3MICteZTo

The app I want to let you guys show is called Unified Remote. It is a free app designed to control functions on your PC like mouse control, media control, shutting down/powering up your PC,...

There is also a paid option which gives you more remotes for specific programs and more
The app is both for Android, IOS AND Windows Phone.

In the app you can do all kinds of things from browsing and opening files in your file browser to view your task manager to force programs/apps to close.
you can find more info over what you can do with the app in their Website.

I use it for when i want to watch a movie in by bed(i have a TV in front of my bed connected to my pc when i want to watch movies or play games in Steam Big Picture.

I find it very useful that i can control my mouse, keyboard and file browser with my phone when i am in my bed.

The installation couldn't go easier. Just install the app on your phone then install the Unified Remote program on your PC. The app should automatically detect your PC, select your pc in the app and you are good to go!

You have to be on the same network as the PC is on to use it without port forwarding.

I hope I helped out some people by mentioning the existence of this app.

Have a nice day! :)

Tetrahc

Looks really cool! Pity I don't have any use for it lol :P

INTEL i5 4670 (non-K) | MSI H81I | XFX Black Edition R9 280 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB

Seasonic M12II EVO 620W | SEAGATE Barracuda 2TB

CRUCIAL Ballistix Sport 8GB | CM Elite 130

Hello reader

First off all i want to mention that this isn't really a review but just a post to let you guys know of the existence of this app. :)

I came to the idea to let you guys know about this app since linus posted this new Techquickie about remote desktop applications.

If you haven't seen the video yes here it is:

The app I want to let you guys show is called Unified Remote. It is a free app designed to control functions on your PC like mouse control, media control, shutting down/powering up your PC,...

There is also a paid option which gives you more remotes for specific programs and more

The app is both for Android, IOS AND Windows Phone.

In the app you can do all kinds of things from browsing and opening files in your file browser to view your task manager to force programs/apps to close.

you can find more info over what you can do with the app in their Website.

I use it for when i want to watch a movie in by bed(i have a TV in front of my bed connected to my pc when i want to watch movies or play games in Steam Big Picture.

I find it very useful that i can control my mouse, keyboard and file browser with my phone when i am in my bed.

The installation couldn't go easier. Just install the app on your phone then install the Unified Remote program on your PC. The app should automatically detect your PC, select your pc in the app and you are good to go!

You have to be on the same network as the PC is on to use it without port forwarding.

I hope I helped out some people by mentioning the existence of this app.

Have a nice day! :)

Tetrahc

This is great, but is there a noticeable drain of the mobile devices battery when you use the app?

This is great, but is there a noticeable drain of the mobile devices battery when you use the app?

I would love to tell you but since I mostly use it when i am in my bed(where i charge my phone) so i would not know. I will test it and tell you. I think it has an impact on your battery life because it works with a constant WIfi connection. I will test it tonight when i watch the Wanshow and let you know tommorow :)

Teamviewer, perhaps?

With this you can also use bluetooth instead of an internet connection so you can still use it even if you don't have internet nearby.

But tbh I haven't used it much, only on holiday where there was no internet, to control my laptop which was connected to a tv.