New phone recommendations for Boost Mobile?

Bowzaa

Hey guys, so recently I've finally had the last straw with my current phone, the ZTE Warp. This is the 4th time I've had to factory reset it to get it to work, and on top of that it still freezes often, reboots often, and doesn't receive calls and texts often. I'm currently looking at the Sharp AQUOS Crystal from Boost Mobile.

I'm looking to stay under $200 because I don't use my phone for much, just calls, texts, occasional web browsing, occasional game, and youtube. I know it has small on board storage, but I currently only have only 2.6GB On-board on my current phone, and I haven't even used half of it.

Does anyone know about the Sharp AQUOS Crystal and if it would be good enough for me? Thanks in advance :D

Fractal Design ARC Midi R4

| Fractal Design Tesla 650W Gold Sapphire R9 280x Toxic Core 1240MHz/Mem. 1640MHz | AMD A10-6800k @4.4GHz | MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 Corsair H100i | 2x WD Blue 224GB 7200RPM/1x WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM/1x 60GB Kingston SSD Boot Drive | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Moto G hands down. And great news. It's 100. I have never had an issue with it and it's better than my girlfriend' galaxy s3 which is a $300 dollar phone. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Try the Moto G

Moto G hands down. And great news. It's 100. I have never had an issue with it and it's better than my girlfriend' galaxy s3 which is a $300 dollar phone. 

All right but is there anything that makes it an overall better choice than the Aquos Crystal spec wise? Because the Crystal physically looks better so far.

| Fractal Design Tesla 650W Gold Sapphire R9 280x Toxic Core 1240MHz/Mem. 1640MHz | AMD A10-6800k @4.4GHz | MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 Corsair H100i | 2x WD Blue 224GB 7200RPM/1x WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM/1x 60GB Kingston SSD Boot Drive | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

All right but is there anything that makes it an overall better choice than the Aquos Crystal spec wise? Because the Crystal physically looks better so far.

No but if you have a radio shack near you they sell the moto g with boost for 80. Pretty much the same specs with a lower end camera for half the price. 

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I didn't even know sharp made phones so they're pretty new and no doubt will have kinks to work out.

No but if you have a radio shack near you they sell the moto g with boost for 80. Pretty much the same specs with a lower end camera for half the price. 

Good to know, I'll take a look there and at my best buy since the best buy has the Aquos Crystal in store. The camera doesn't matter that much to me anyway, I'm more about the screen size and quality as well as the ability to just run. I don't multi-task on my phone so I'm not worried about multitasking performance, I just want good performance when I do basic stuff and for a game called Beats Beta.

I didn't even know sharp made phones so they're pretty new and no doubt will have kinks to work out.

Ya me neither, but apparently it's actually pretty good based on some of the reviews I've seen, especially for $150 which is what made me really look at it.

If you can live with 720p on a 5" screen then the Aquos Crystal is a pretty good choice. It might not be as cheap as the Moto G but it definitely stands out. Many people like this phone but (for god knows why) it's CDMA only, so be that guy in your group of friends with the really gorgeous looking phone

"Rawr XD"

If you can live with 720p on a 5" screen then the Aquos Crystal is a pretty good choice. It might not be as cheap as the Moto G but it definitely stands out. Many people like this phone but (for god knows why) it's CDMA only, so be that guy in your group of friends with the really gorgeous looking phone

Who cares about LTE as you should be on your home network anyway and data plans are very very very expensive in Canada.

Who cares about LTE as you should be on your home network anyway and data plans are very very very expensive in Canada.

???

I think you meant to reply that to what I said in a different thread. lol

"Rawr XD"

"it's CDMA only, so be that guy in your group of friends with the really gorgeous looking phone"

Which, the Moto G or the Aquos Crystal? And ya, I can live with 720p, that's still considered HD right? :P

"it's CDMA only, so be that guy in your group of friends with the really gorgeous looking phone"

Which, the Moto G or the Aquos Crystal? And ya, I can live with 720p, that's still considered HD right? :P

Well there's GSM versions of the Moto G everywhere so I'd assume he's talking about the Aquos Crystal. 720p on 5" is right under the 300ppi threshold, so you may or may not see pixels depending on your eyes. 

The two are practically identical in specs, but the Crystal is almost double the price. It would depend on if you're willing to pay that much extra just to have a nicer looking phone. I would since I like pretty things, but it's not my decision it's yours :P

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Well there's GSM versions of the Moto G everywhere so I'd assume he's talking about the Aquos Crystal. 720p on 5" is right under the 300ppi threshold, so you may or may not see pixels depending on your eyes. 

The two are practically identical in specs, but the Crystal is almost double the price. It would depend on if you're willing to pay that much extra just to have a nicer looking phone. I would since I like pretty things, but it's not my decision it's yours :P

Looked it up and the Moto G is CDMA and the Aquos has 4G, so I think it might be the Moto G. And yeah, I'll also pay for pretty things :D

Hey guys, so recently I've finally had the last straw with my current phone, the ZTE Warp. This is the 4th time I've had to factory reset it to get it to work, and on top of that it still freezes often, reboots often, and doesn't receive calls and texts often. I'm currently looking at the Sharp AQUOS Crystal from Boost Mobile.

I'm looking to stay under $200 because I don't use my phone for much, just calls, texts, occasional web browsing, occasional game, and youtube. I know it has small on board storage, but I currently only have only 2.6GB On-board on my current phone, and I haven't even used half of it.

Does anyone know about the Sharp AQUOS Crystal and if it would be good enough for me? Thanks in advance :D

Well I definitely like how it looks compared to the Moto G (looked at one in the boost mobile store nearby)

Gonna watch his comparison versus the Moto G, thanks for the link :D

Well I definitely like how it looks compared to the Moto G (looked at one in the boost mobile store nearby)

Gonna watch his comparison versus the Moto G, thanks for the link :D

but Marque's review tho

"Rawr XD"