CIV: Beyond Earth, How is it?

Imabigmac

So anyone here played it and care to share their opinions on it. I will be watching gameplay videos and other reviews later I just wanted to see what the forum had to say. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Have you played a CIV game before?

Because he had a hard drive.

Have you played a CIV game before?

yes

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Will it be fun for somebody who hasn't played CIV before but likes sci-fi and is ok with RTS games in general?

Thinking of picking this up when it gets released on Linux.

Will it be fun for somebody who hasn't played CIV before but likes sci-fi and is ok with RTS games in general?

Thinking of picking this up when it gets released on Linux.

Not RTS it's TBS (Turn-Based Strategy), a lot slower paced than RTS.

If you have a spare hour or so watch TotalBiscuit's First Impressions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydX8R2xxe4

That will give you a good idea as to whether or not you would be interested in it.

As for my experience so far, having played Civ V extensively, it's a bit of an adjustment to the mechanics but a load of fun.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)

Not RTS it's TBS (Turn-Based Strategy), a lot slower paced than RTS.

If you have a spare hour or so watch TotalBiscuit's First Impressions;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IydX8R2xxe4

That will give you a good idea as to whether or not you would be interested in it.

As for my experience so far, having played Civ V extensively, it's a bit of an adjustment to the mechanics but a load of fun.

I saw that vid and i had the impression he hasnt really played much civ. Somethings he said are completely wrong and other things he just didnt know about the game.

For people in this thread, It's slower paced than Civ 5, religion and somethings are missing but in general its an improvement that will get even better with the DLC that will be released in the next month/year.

For people who havent played any CIV games before, lots to learn in the beginning but in the end lots of hours will be wasted in the game

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883