Will this play minecraft and TF2 Decently?

Kaleb R.

I would like to build a super cheap gaming pc only for playing games like minecraft and tf2, and i was wondering if these specs could play at a a decent framerate.

AMD a8-7600 APU

Seagate 500GB hard drive

MSI a78m-e45 Motherboard

Mushkin enhanced blackline 8Gb (2x4Gb) 2133mhz Memory

And a build in 480w PSU

Or should i go for the AMD a10-7700k APU?

Thanks in advance!

minecraft is a hard to run game, because its such a cpu hog. but it should run pretty good with optifine installed. also, for tf2, its great, although id save up a little more and get a A10-7850

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

minecraft is a hard to run game, because its such a cpu hog. but it should run pretty good with optifine installed. also, for tf2, its great, although id save up a little more and get a A10-7850

I agree, minecraft can be hard to run. Save up a little more and get a higher tier APU.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I would like to build a super cheap gaming pc only for playing games like minecraft and tf2, and i was wondering if these specs could play at a a decent framerate.

AMD a8-7600 APU

Seagate 500GB hard drive

MSI a78m-e45 Motherboard

Mushkin enhanced blackline 8Gb (2x4Gb) 2133mhz Memory

And a build in 480w PSU

Or should i go for the AMD a10-7700k APU?

Thanks in advance!

Minecraft yes, TF2...HECK NO!

I USED TO run tf2 with some lower settings (like ragdolls off, etc.) and i was getting 70-200 fps. Those 70 dips are annoying as F*CK. I had an 8350 @ 5ghz and an r9 290. Now i am building my X99 rig so that i can get hopefully 150fps minimum in tf2.

If you want to have an avg fps of at least 60, get a r9 265 (and tone down some settings using scripts)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

What's your budget?  Depending on what your budget is you might be able to get a much better system.

Also, whats your preference on buying used parts? If you don't mind buying used, you could probably squeeze in an i3 or i5 depending on your budget.

//ccap

I USED TO run tf2 with some lower settings (like ragdolls off, etc.) and i was getting 70-200 fps. Those 70 dips are annoying as F*CK. I had an 8350 @ 5ghz and an r9 290. Now i am building my X99 rig so that i can get hopefully 150fps minimum in tf2.

If you want to have an avg fps of at least 60, get a r9 265 (and tone down some settings using scripts)

m8, what?

TF2 is a very easy running game, and 70 fps, is more than your monitor can likely show.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

TF2 runs on a toaster unless someone joins with a bunch of particle effects on his head in which case it becomes a tad more demanding.

I tried playing Minecraft on a customer's PC the other day. He had an A8-5550 + some other mobile GPU (an HP Envy something, can't remember atm) and it ran like absolute arse.

I also tried TF2, which ran at 768p on full settings just fine. 

u wot m8

My old old Athlon X2 4000+ / 8400GS combo from 2008 ran TF2 at 1080p, medium settings. You must have been doing something completely wrong.

TF2 has become a different game since then. Hats with barely optimized frames and textures, particle effects that require a bit more horse power here and there. It's not exactly far cry 3 but the fact that they don't really optimize the content created by the community before they put it into the game means it'll take a big hit. Check the rig in my sig, I get 300FPS playing normally but if I got to a trade server where a lot of people are using unusual hats and unusual taunts, it bombs down to 60. A lesser computer might be crippled. With well over 5000 hours in the game (since launch) I think I know what I'm talkin about :)

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Not sure what you're on or if you're just trolling, but I can get 100-150 fps easy at 1366x768 max settings on my Asus Transformer Book T100 tablet

"Rawr XD"

well, what do you think is the best build i could make for $300-400 CAD?

Not sure what you're on or if you're just trolling, but I can get 100-150 fps easy at 1366x768 max settings on my Asus Transformer Book T100 tablet

u wot m8

My old old Athlon X2 4000+ / 8400GS combo from 2008 ran TF2 at 1080p, medium settings. You must have been doing something completely wrong.

Well, i have more than 4K hours in the game and that is what i observe. Mainly all the new hats, but it's also the fact that AMD cores ARE TOO DAMN WEAK, and tf2 only uses a max of 2 cores (more like 1 most of the time). I sometimes (in competitive) play without cosmetics to boost my fps a little.

A recent intel 2 core would outperform an 8350 @ 5ghz in tf2.

TF2 runs on a toaster unless someone joins with a bunch of particle effects on his head in which case it becomes a tad more demanding.

TF2 has become a different game since then. Hats with barely optimized frames and textures, particle effects that require a bit more horse power here and there. It's not exactly far cry 3 but the fact that they don't really optimize the content created by the community before they put it into the game means it'll take a big hit. Check the rig in my sig, I get 300FPS playing normally but if I got to a trade server where a lot of people are using unusual hats and unusual taunts, it bombs down to 60. A lesser computer might be crippled. With well over 5000 hours in the game (since launch) I think I know what I'm talkin about :)

Well explained.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4