Just O.C. my 5820k, need opinions.

Ok so I was looking for average O.C. on the 5820k, but I couldn't because the internet as a general whole likes to talk about the 5960x better. So I found an article written by asus as a general O.C. guide for all 5xxx chips, linked here. 

http://rog.asus.com/365052014/overclocking/rog-overclocking-guide-core-for-5960x-5930k-5820k/

According to that article, 1.3v @ 4.5GHz is about average. I didn't touch my voltage at all, it's running at a stock of 1.250v. I just pushed up the clock speed to 4.3GHz. I ran the ROG real bench stress test for 8 hours and it came back with perfect results, with my temps not going any higher than 56 degrees. So my question is this: Do you think I have an good O.C. chip, and could potentially push it higher than 4.5GHz if I wanted to? Or do you think that turning the voltage to 1.3v would only allow me to hit 4.5 and no higher? I don't think I have any reason to push it any higher, I just want you guy's opinions.

I would want to test it with Prime95 to see if your OC is stable. If it is then by all means keep going until Prime95 fails on a core and then bump the voltage up until you either hit voltage limit/thermal limit.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

4.3 on stock voltage seems damm good to me, for a 6 core.

if you wanne bump up the voltage, you probably need to set those voltages manualy.

If you're happy with the performance you're getting from it at 4.3 then I'd just keep it there. People do get higher overclocks by bumping voltage up to 1.3V but since you already have 6 cores so rather keep it at stock voltage for reliability 

"Rawr XD"

If you're happy with the performance you're getting from it at 4.3 then I'd just keep it there. People do get higher overclocks by bumping voltage up to 1.3V but since you already have 6 cores so rather keep it at stock voltage for reliability 

+1 :)

The performance will be great.

Especialy skyrim seems to realy like the extra core´s threads that are availeble on the 5820K.

i wanne know which mobo op is using :D

I would want to test it with Prime95 to see if your OC is stable. If it is then by all means keep going until Prime95 fails on a core and then bump the voltage up until you either hit voltage limit/thermal limit.

The asus article says not to run prime 95 on a 5960x, as it will pull over 400w. it doesn't say anything about the 5820k, but I kinda wanna play it safe.

I have a 5930K which has same number of Cores as 5820K .. 

So far, My ASUS Test came successful at 4.125 Ghz .. didn't touch the voltage yet .. I'm using Corsair H110 for Cooling

I'm keeping it for few days to ensure it's stable .. Then I'll push further .. 

My recommendation, 4.3 Ghz is pretty good .. keep it for few days and keep testing to have 100% assurance that it's stable .. Use Prime95 as well .. ASUS is good but I don't think it's enough (no reason except that Prime95 is more popular and heavier). 

Rig1LianLi O11 Dynamic Evo | Asus Crosshair VIII Formula | Ryzen 9 5950x  | 2TB Gen 4 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 49" 5120x1440 

Rig2: TT Tower 200 | Asus X670e-i | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | 2TB Gen 5 | 64 GB  RTX 4090 | Samsung 57" 7680x2160  | Oculus Quest Pro

try using intel burn in test then. I wouldn't trust any others :P

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)