Asus Strix GTX 980 power LEDs

Latstyle

hi guys. i got this card a few days ago and noticed strange thing..when i power off my PC - my Strix card white LEDs still flash.. and the only way to turn them off is switch on my PSU or ofc unplug PSU at all from socket.. maybe anyone know if its normal? or whan can cause this problem and how to fix it or at least where to look for problems?

thanks.

hi guys. i got this card a few days ago and noticed strange thing..when i power off my PC - my Strix card white LEDs still flash.. and the only way to turn them off is switch on my PSU or ofc unplug PSU at all from socket.. maybe anyone know if its normal? or whan can cause this problem and how to fix it or at least where to look for problems?

thanks.

Not sure if it will work but does changing the LED pattern in Geforce Experience change the LED pattern when powered off?

your motherboard-and by extension your GPU-are still receiving power as long as the power supply is switched on and plugged in. once the PSU is unplugged or switched off, your GPU LED's will be getting power from PSU capacitors for a bit.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

your motherboard-and by extension your GPU-are still receiving power as long as the power supply is switched on and plugged in. once the PSU is unplugged or switched off, your GPU LED's will be getting power from PSU capacitors for a bit.

well if i not mistake.. i had those LEDs on for more than 2h this night.. woke up and noticed them and used PSU switch to power them down...so i wonder if there is a solution or at least hints where to look to fix that if that is possible at all.. and if not.. and if thats not normal - what to do? i contacted Asus to get comments on this from them but as i know it will take more than 2 days to get info from them so asking here.. maybe its normal that those LEDs acting like that.. or maybe someone know where is problem hiding =)

Not sure if it will work but does changing the LED pattern in Geforce Experience change the LED pattern when powered off?

he he no. those leds shows if there is a problem in power connectors are connected right and GPU gets power it need. GeForce Exp controls LED logos on GPU etc..

he he no. those leds shows if there is a problem in power connectors are connected right and GPU gets power it need. GeForce Exp controls LED logos on GPU etc..

Oh right i totally misinterpreted the op, my bad lel.

oh and one more thing.. when i went for work i used switch on my PSU.. when i cam back form work in 9h and when i turned on my PSU back - LEDs became Led up white again (while PC was still off)

Yeah, jusy because the pc is "off" doesn't mean everything is off completely - some things still receive power, and that is nothing to worry about :)

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

well digging up as far as i could i found a solution my self.. it was fixed simply by enabling in Bios ErP function that actually useless as disabled..  well for me at least.. and ErP it self allows USB ports provide power to charge your phones etc.. and lol cause of that Motherboard allows those LEDs working while PC is off... so by enabling ErP you allow your motherboard to go completely off.

anyways thanks guys for some hints etc =)

I have noticed the same thing with my strix.. Is the white LED shining bad? O.o

EDIT: found this:

"The card is powered by one 6-pin PCI-E and one 8-pin PCI-E connection, a slight upgrade over the dual 6-pin reference design and over the Strix GTX 970 which uses only an 8-pin one. More available power doesn't always equate to better overclocking, but it certainly helps. LEDs on the rear of the PCB turn from red to white to let you know that you've properly connected these power cables."

well i guess its not bad if you dont have a huge acrilic window in your case =) i have Graphite 760T and when i play at night with no light on those leds light up 1/3 of my room lol so i prefer when my PC is off... all Lights must be off =D