Whatever WiFi channel I choose becomes the "worst" channel

Hi, I seem to be having short wireless "dropouts" every half hour or so. While this isn't important while browsing etc I cannot hold a stable connection in games and get kicked.
I've moved my PC to a different room and must now rely on an 802.11n PCIe wireless card to connect to the network rather than being directly wired into my router.

Upon investigation I found that my router was using "smart channel" selection and would always sit on channel 6. I used a wifi anylyzer to check if other channels would benefit me and it suggested using channels 12,13 or 14 because channel 6 was the poorest signal. I switched to each in turn and each one then became the poorest signal. Is there a reason for this? There are not that many other wifi signals in range. Is there anyting else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

Hi, I seem to be having short wireless "dropouts" every half hour or so. While this isn't important while browsing etc I cannot hold a stable connection in games and get kicked.

I've moved my PC to a different room and must now rely on an 802.11n PCIe wireless card to connect to the network rather than being directly wired into my router.

Upon investigation I found that my router was using "smart channel" selection and would always sit on channel 6. I used a wifi anylyzer to check if other channels would benefit me and it suggested using channels 12,13 or 14 because channel 6 was the poorest signal. I switched to each in turn and each one then became the poorest signal. Is there a reason for this? There are not that many other wifi signals in range. Is there anyting else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance

Did you break a mirror? Or open an umbrella inside recently? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Did you break a mirror? Or open an umbrella inside recently? 

When I wrote "thanks in advance" I was precluding you, kwljunky. :)

When I wrote "thanks in advance" I was precluding you, kwljunky. :)

:D

Could be a funny router? Have you got a different one you can try out? Does it drop for any other device, or just your pc? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf