upgrade cpu? or help fix? random lagg spikes

On games like Minecraft or cod ghost i get random lagg spikes and idk whats causing it... 

I understand cod ghost being unoptimised and generaly laggy but i lagg more when i have multiple things open at the same time which led me to think i need a better cpu. 

And i dont understand how Minecraft needs to be given ram or something, so that may be the problem here. 

Im running asus swift 1440p monitor in the middle with 3 1080p monitors to watch youtube videos, play hearthstone etc at the same time. 

My cpu is running on stock speeds. i have no idea how to overclock and idk if i should. would rather upgrade cpu i think. as far as i know fx 9590 is the best fx cpu i can get? 

Also I wont change to intel yet because my pc mods are specific to my mobo. ill change to ddr4 intel stuff when that stuffs been out for a while on my next build.

specs:

windows 8,1

Asus crosshair v formula z

fx 8350, be quiet dark rock 2 cooler

asus 780ti

16gb ram

Also, Will minecraft get higher 'lowest' fps with a better cpu? currently getting 20-140 fps and i want it to stay above 60 all the time

Bruh, seriously? more cpu? more ram? thats enough for me. I dont know the problem but its def not the CPU and not the RAM or any other parts. run a memtest/memory test.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

your system is strong enough to handle games, it has to do something with your OS, or background applications.  

On games like Minecraft or cod ghost i get random lagg spikes and idk whats causing it... 

I understand cod ghost being unoptimised and generaly laggy but i lagg more when i have multiple things open at the same time which led me to think i need a better cpu. 

And i dont understand how Minecraft needs to be given ram or something, so that may be the problem here. 

Im running asus swift 1440p monitor in the middle with 3 1080p monitors to watch youtube videos, play hearthstone etc at the same time. 

My cpu is running on stock speeds. i have no idea how to overclock and idk if i should. would rather upgrade cpu i think. as far as i know fx 9590 is the best fx cpu i can get? 

Also I wont change to intel yet because my pc mods are specific to my mobo. ill change to ddr4 intel stuff when that stuffs been out for a while on my next build.

specs:

windows 8,1

Asus crosshair v formula z

fx 8350, be quiet dark rock 2 cooler

asus 780ti

16gb ram

Also, Will minecraft get higher 'lowest' fps with a better cpu? currently getting 20-140 fps and i want it to stay above 60 all the time

what hard drive do you have? 

what hard drive do you have? 

i have 2 full 120+240gb ssd's 

And a 3tb normal hdd

Not entirely sure whats on where but i guess i could just get another 500gb ssd or something 

i have 2 full 120+240gb ssd's 

And a 3tb normal hdd

Not entirely sure whats on where but i guess i could just get another 500gb ssd or something 

okay so its not that.. have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? its the only thing i can think of. 

You have a Crosshair V formula Z and a Dark Rock 2 and you're not overclocking? OC that CPU man!

This tutorial seems to be pretty good and it's from ASUS itself: http://rog.asus.com/216552013/crosshair-motherboards/guide-overclocking-fx-8350-to-4-8ghz-on-crosshair-v-formula-z/

I basicly bought it for the looks. asus rog red themed pc. but yeah ok ill have a look at that oc thing

I basicly bought it for the looks. asus rog red themed pc. but yeah ok ill have a look at that oc thing

Yes, I would try overclocking and see if that helps. You should be able to get at least 4.4 GHz without changing the voltage, which means no extra temperature (Maybe slightly) and more performance.

I watched Jay's video to get me started.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

okay so its not that.. have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? its the only thing i can think of. 

I just found both cod ghost and minecraft is on my 120gb ssd(windows is on 120gb ssd too) 

I have the latest gpu driver aswell so yaaah...

What are your temps, have you updated to the latest LAN drivers for your board? Could be an issue with them.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card