Wifi connection on ultrabook dropping every 6-10 mins

Hello everyone,

I'm having an annoying issue with my Samsung Ultrabook, which I primarily use for/at university. As of late, whenever I connect to the uni wifi network it keeps dropping the connection every approximately 6-10 minutes for no apparent reason at all. Whenever that happens, I have to re-connect manually by typing my username and password again, which is slightly annoying over the course of 2 hours using it and relying on internet. I'm currently still in the dark as to what may cause it. I've checked the energy options to allow for maximum performance on both battery and non-battery mode. For some reason I also can't seem to be able to change the screen brightness no matter what. Apparently, I've fucked some things up with my device... what really bothers me though is that wifi issue. Anyone has an idea on how to fix it or just state my blatant stupidity? I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.

Does it happen on any other wifi networks, also try updating the wifi driver

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

Does it happen on any other wifi networks, also try updating the wifi driver

I don't know since I never connect to any other wifi. Will do the updating though.

This only happens when connected to your university WiFi? Maybe someone is sending deauthentication packets to DOS you off the network.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm the only one having this problem, I may be wrong though. Guess I'll have to ask other people then. Other than that, I can't imagine someone intentionally trying to get exactly me off the network, why would they.

go to Starbucks or something and try their free wifi. See if you DC from that.

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!