What you guys think of the Corsair H80i

So, H80i...is it reliable? quiet? somewhat good performance?

Or is is not reliable? noisy? hot as hell?

I'd like to know mostly about how tuff something like this is, how long is it projected to last me? will i need to re-fill it at some point? is it loud when idling on the web and watching youtube
I'm considering it for my next upgrade i really like the look of it and the corsair logo led stuff that can be controlled by sofware is a feature i really like (corsair link all togheter) but i'm scared

it will not be what i  want it to be...

THanks!

BTW i don't really care about cooling performance i'm currently running an hyper 212 and happy with the performance as long as it cools my chip as well as the 212 i'm fine i do overclock my CPU

but 1.2v is the max i'll send through it and it's the sweet spot for my CPU at 4.3ghz.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

It is a decent cooler and should handle your stuff just fine

It is quiet providing your replace the fan that comes with it (its really shit)

You dont have to refill it or do any maintenance 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

then keep the Evo, because it will be louder

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

1.3V is actually the real max you should be comfortable with. 1.3V means the life expectancy will not be affected and the temps are still within boundaries. Also if you want a reliable but really strong cooler then look at the Noctua NH-D15. 

When it comes to the H80i I'm not a big fan because it's mere a 120mm rad. I would rather see you do the H105 or CM Seidon 240M

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Hundred more gets you a custom loop. Quite the effort but it is worth it.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

its loud and not good for the money

loud is a problem for me...are you talking about the fans it comes with or the pump itself that would be loud? cause the fans i can swap for the two cooler master fans i'm using on my 212 ATM i found them to be really quiet even under load at around 1100 RPM they stil are quiet...but if the pump is loud then there's nothing to do about it....

Also about the money, i can get this cooler for only 83$ free shipping (canadian is more expensive so this is actualy a somewhat good price for me).

Any other models that would look cool and be better? BTW my case is the ostrog GT case and from reviews i've seen the H100i would not fit really well so dual fan rads are not an option..also i'd like the unit to have nice leds on the block like the corsair ones.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If you replace the stock fans it's dead silent to me.
Using the stock fans at a minimum of 900 rpm it's alomost impossible to hear, even though the top of my case is an open honeycomb steel thingy.

it's cooling my 4690k @4.5 Ghz 1.15V 

I have a lucky chip so i don't need a lot of voltage and therefore it's never going above 40ish degrees celsius.

But if your 212 evo still works then why buy the h80i? It's not that much better and other parts of your system might need an upgrade a bit more?

When in doubt: C4

If you replace the stock fans it's dead silent to me.

Using the stock fans at a minimum of 900 rpm it's alomost impossible to hear, even though the top of my case is an open honeycomb steel thingy.

it's cooling my 4690k @4.5 Ghz 1.15V 

I have a lucky chip so i don't need a lot of voltage and therefore it's never going above 40ish degrees celsius.

But if your 212 evo still works then why buy the h80i? It's not that much better and other parts of your system might need an upgrade a bit more?

what would you upgrade? it's mainly for looks that i would perform this upgrade...

• Core i7-4770K @ 4.3GHZ
  • MSI Z87-G45 Gaming
  • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1866mhz Red
  • MSI GTX 780 TwinFrozr Gaming OC
  • Enermax Ostrog GT black/red
  • 1TB seagate SSHD + 120gb SSD + 64gb SSD
  • XFX XTR 550W
  • Gateway 24" 1080p LED
  • CM Hyper 212 PLUS
  • Keyboard Razer Lycosa
  • Mouse Razer Deathadder
  • ASUS ROG Orion Headset

It would be an upgrade but i would rather wait for black friday and buy an 256Gb ssd for your system :P

How are your temps?

When in doubt: C4

what would you upgrade? it's mainly for looks that i would perform this upgrade...

honestly, i wouldn't waste the time/money on the single fan AIO kits. seemingly

your noise tolerance will be tested from the fan noise due to the thermals to

keep it cool, especially when you have a cool low fans speed for idle mid

temp, but once in gaming, it'll be screaming.

i like the H100i/105 for better temp control, the same fans as the H80i, but

because the rad is larger, it'll cool more effectively over the H80i (13° better

from LTT data)

your case will make it tough to have better cooling potential. like the HAF912

it too is limiting a lot of needs to get a more compatible cooling solution.

The NHD-14 dropped in price.

Get that.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha