New Video Schedule

athesean1

What is up with linus' new video schedule. I live in australia and linus used to upload his vids around 6-6:30 pm and now it is 9 pm and he still hasn't uploaded it. I was wondering, if anyone likes this new schedule or if they want it back to the old one. @LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

u wot m7+1

I'm curious about this as well. :huh:

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

For some reason they're not releasing them until 4AM PST. :(

yeah i this new schedule makes me wanna stay up late so i can watch it

u wot m7+1

yeah i this new schedule makes me wanna stay up late so i can watch it

Lucky for you it's during the night, not early morning. :P

Lucky for you it's during the night, not early morning. :P

true but it is alot worse then it was, i am talking to my friend (@alby800) and he says it is uploaded at around 10 pm!

u wot m7+1

true but it is alot worse then it was, i am talking to my friend (@alby800) and he says it is uploaded at around 10 pm!

Yeah. I really have to wonder why they're waiting until 4 AM to release it though..

perfect timing for Europe :)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

MAKE A POLE!!!

p.s. if you are wondering why I am yelling it is because we are in a skype call and he isn't listening to me :angry:

FINALLY, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD HE IS TO WORK WITH

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Well they're all available to watch when I come in from school, which is when I do my viewing of the youtubes, so it doesn't bother me that much.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Well they're all available to watch when I come in from school, which is when I do my viewing of the youtubes, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I wait until 10 pm most nights to watch it, but that is understandable

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

I wait until 10 pm most nights to watch it, but that is understandable

I come in from school most days about 2-3pm, so I get some work done and by 6pm I'm usually watching the videos etc. they're usually released at about 11am for me though, so I'm often in school at the time (not today, it's half term today)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

In Australia it's alright, launching at 9PM in my state, though I'd prefer earlier. Midnight PST seems to make more sense to me, so then you get the benefits of people staying up to watch it, and people waking up to a new one.

In Australia it's alright, launching at 9PM in my state, though I'd prefer earlier. Midnight PST seems to make more sense to me, so then you get the benefits of people staying up to watch it, and people waking up to a new one.

i just want it to be back to normal

u wot m7+1

Yeah. I really have to wonder why they're waiting until 4 AM to release it though..

Probably because more people get to see it in their news feeds, 4 AM pst means 7 am EST, 12 PM GMT.  It basically hits every region at a good time when everyone is awake.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Probably because more people get to see it in their news feeds, 4 AM pst means 7 am EST, 12 PM GMT.  It basically hits every region at a good time when everyone is awake.

besides Australia

u wot m7+1

besides Australia

If it's being uploaded around ~9-10pm, it's still perfectly watchable as long as you aren't 10 with a bed time lol.  Considering Linus's videos are usually around 5-10 mins, you can watch them before you go to sleep.

And besides that, as content creators, you can't broadcast your videos to every person in the world simultaneously, but if you can get 80-90%, that's even better.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

If it's being uploaded around ~9-10pm, it's still perfectly watchable as long as you aren't 10 with a bed time lol. Considering Linus's videos are usually around 5-10 mins, you can watch them before you go to sleep.

And besides that, as content creators, you can't broadcast your videos to every person in the world simultaneously, but if you can get 80-90%, that's even better.

True dat. Although @nicklmg teases us with the thread but the video is private :P

If it's being uploaded around ~9-10pm, it's still perfectly watchable as long as you aren't 10 with a bed time lol.  Considering Linus's videos are usually around 5-10 mins, you can watch them before you go to sleep.

ok well i see your point and get it, i guess i was just annoyed at having to stay up when i could do other things

u wot m7+1

I wish it was back to normal. I used to watch them in the morning before work. I'm not too picky though; I'm just happy that there's a video every day.

What is up with linus' new video schedule. I live in australia and linus used to upload his vids around 6-6:30 pm and now it is 9 pm and he still hasn't uploaded it. I was wondering, if anyone likes this new schedule or if they want it back to the old one. @LinusTech @Slick @nicklmg

Lays is correct. I noticed that 4am PST was our biggest view spike of the whole day, so I wanted to test what releasing at that time would do for overall viewership (as more viewers means we can support a larger staff, create better content, and create MORE content on SuperFun and who knows what else in the future...). This is a much more optimal time to hit subscribers in all NA timezones (where a large portion of our audience lives, between 45-55% overall at any given time) in the morning.

Obviously a change like this is not going to be positive for every region. It is MUCH less optimal for PST viewers who like to watch the new video before bed (4am release rather than 12am).

At this point, this change is not permanent, and I don't know if it ever will be. But this will not be the last time we test a new release time. Repetition does not equal optimization (cough Ubisoft 30fps cough) - we want to find the best time to release our videos, and honestly, it is probably not the 12am PST timeslot we have released at for a long time.

Anyway, sorry if it's annoying, sorry if you feel like it's a negative change. Hopefully you can see it from our perspective as well :)

-snip-

Thanks for clarifying that. I am normally up at 10 pm anyway so it doesn't really affect me that much.

:)

Lays is correct. I noticed that 4am PST was our biggest view spike of the whole day, so I wanted to test what releasing at that time would do for overall viewership (as more viewers means we can support a larger staff, create better content, and create MORE content on SuperFun and who knows what else in the future...). This is a much more optimal time to hit subscribers in all NA timezones (where a large portion of our audience lives, between 45-55% overall at any given time) in the morning.

Obviously a change like this is not going to be positive for every region. It is MUCH less optimal for PST viewers who like to watch the new video before bed (4am release rather than 12am).

At this point, this change is not permanent, and I don't know if it ever will be. But this will not be the last time we test a new release time. Repetition does not equal optimization (cough Ubisoft 30fps cough) - we want to find the best time to release our videos, and honestly, it is probably not the 12am PST timeslot we have released at for a long time.

Anyway, sorry if it's annoying, sorry if you feel like it's a negative change. Hopefully you can see it from our perspective as well :)

ok well i see where you are coming from to get most of your viewers to watch  at this time would be more optimal for your company and the channel.

u wot m7+1