CPU Intensive

Go to solution Solved by SeanBond,

Hey forums, not sure if this is in the right forum section but its related to cpu's so oh well. I have heard a few youtubers say that games like Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 are way more CPU intensive then GPU intensive. I just wanted to know if this was true or not cause it could change what im spending around $800 on. Again sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums, :)

Entirely cpu intensive. I can run arma 3 at 4k around 50fps with a 780ti, so you will want beefy cpu cores so definitely intel, definitely something unlocked because clock speed will matter too.  Im sure you can max the game out with something like an r9 270 or 750ti I would say pentium g3258 at the low end because it only uses 1 core, maybe 2 because it's been getting lots of optimiztion the last few months.  And at the high end a 4690k

Hey forums, not sure if this is in the right forum section but its related to cpu's so oh well. I have heard a few youtubers say that games like Arma 2 OA and Arma 3 are way more CPU intensive then GPU intensive. I just wanted to know if this was true or not cause it could change what im spending around $800 on. Again sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums, :)

Entirely cpu intensive. I can run arma 3 at 4k around 50fps with a 780ti, so you will want beefy cpu cores so definitely intel, definitely something unlocked because clock speed will matter too.  Im sure you can max the game out with something like an r9 270 or 750ti I would say pentium g3258 at the low end because it only uses 1 core, maybe 2 because it's been getting lots of optimiztion the last few months.  And at the high end a 4690k

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I was getting a 980 superclocked acx EVA, but im not really sure... as that girl in the taco add in aus says, 'Why not both?'

I was getting a 980 superclocked acx EVA, but im not really sure... as that girl in the taco add in aus says, 'Why not both?'

800 dollar budget and you are putting a 980 in there? Does the rest make up for a card board box and a hard drive? lol

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

i mean ill save up for both, my bad

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9xw499

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9xw499/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ Micro Center)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($28.98 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($107.93 @ OutletPC)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($74.70 @ Newegg)

Storage: Corsair Force LS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($254.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Corsair CSM 450W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $811.56

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-24 09:40 EDT-0400

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."