It's an illusion that Apple doesn't do much. Every android manufacturer release new software features when they announce the new hardware while Apple releases a new OS with tons of new features and later announces the hardware. In a way apple's getting all the criticism for not innovating because they support older devices and many of the new features are available in your old iDevice which is almost non existent in Android.

Linus's complaints boil down to not realizing the iPhone has T9, being infuriated at Apple that Dropbox and Gmail haven't updated to support sharing extensions yet, (ahem) and not realizing that you don't need corner buttons anymore in iOS 7 because of gesture based control. The reachability feature that he actually complained about has no equal on Android because the ecosystem is too open, and if it was really bothering him that much he could easily have turned on screen zoom which makes everything as large as it used to be relative to the screen size.

In short all of his complaints are either:

A. Not Apple's problem

B. Just plain not understanding how to use iOS 8's myriad of new features or even iOS itself in some cases

C. "It's better than Android but it's not perfect so I hate it"

Apple is still too much of a lightweight fashion item for me.

Which explains why the iPhone 5s is still the second most powerful smartphone around (behind the 6) a year after its release and why the iPad Air 2 is almost as powerful as a last-gen MacBook Air...yeah, they're fashion items. You're right.

Which explains why the iPhone 5s is still the second most powerful smartphone around (behind the 6) a year after its release and why the iPad Air 2 is almost as powerful as a last-gen MacBook Air...yeah, they're fashion items. You're right.

You can also get them for very cheap - In some cases free- at most major carriers. The majority of the population likes them, but for me they are a fashion accessory I don't want. They also have the limitations of iOS. I buy google play editon for a reason.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

IDK about saving grace, but i like it more now than i did, and i'm staring to not liek android so much.

The majority of the population likes them, but for me they are a fashion accessory I don't want. They also have the limitations of iOS. I buy google play editon for a reason.

So they're a fashion accessory because they look nice?

So I suppose all the vain, image obsessed idiots that buy iPhones are buying the Ferraris of smartphones.

Meanwhile you'd rather drive a Camry because of a combination of resentment for people driving Ferraris even though you could afford one yourself and also out of a strange sort of self-induced proletarian schadenfreude for people that like Apple products.

Crack the dictionary, friend.

I'm done with this. There are a large contingent of Android users, and large contingent of Apple users. I feel Apple products do not suit me. Thanks. 

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P