NCIX: http://bit.ly/1sg47SP

Amazon: http://geni.us/1GLI

The iPhone 6 - could this new, enlarged iPhone capture Linus' attention and make him see the light of iOS once again, or is Android just good at the moment?

Video will be available 10/24/2014 at 4am PST.

Sponsor message:

dbrand manufactures precisely fitted skins for various high-end smartphones, tablets, gaming consoles, and wearables. All their products are made in Canada using textured 3M vinyl. You can check out their responsive online shop at https://dbrand.com.

Giveaway rules:

Comment on this thread for a chance to be one of ten winners of an awesome skin from dbrand! One entry (comment) per user. In your comment, mention your favourite thing about dbrand skins (could be anything from "their skins look awesome" to "they sponsored this video!"), and let them know if there are any designs you would like to see in the future!

This giveaway is worldwide. Winners will be selected and contacted through the forum with further details.

Entries close Friday, October 31 at 1pm PDT.

Good luck everyone!

My favourite thing about dbrand skins is they are made in Canada.  As for asking for any designs in the future I have no comment as at this point I don't have a cell phone in service but I would love to win this iPhone 6. :)

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

First!

On the warning points ranking list :D

On a more serious note, I feel like iOS is eh. I prefer windows phone. Curious to see what Linus has to say though

Edit: THE FIRST COMMENT IS A JOKE. DON'T SEE THIS AS HOSTILITY D:

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

I literally got my Dbrand Skin in the mail today but another wouldn't hurt. The Carbon Fiber specifically is great quality.

Installed both today and loving it

5466510f88.jpg

The skins look good, but I don't know what I'd use it on, my One Plus One already has an awesome back =p

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I need a skin on my note 3, dbrand skins feel more grippy and also look more visually appealing.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

My favourite thing about dbrand skins is they are made in Canada.  As for asking for any designs in the future I have no comment as at this point I don't have a cell phone in service but I would love to win this iPhone 6. :)

Unfortunately the giveaway is for skins, not the iPhone 6 :( sorry to disappoint!

Favourite thing about dbrand?

The fact they manufacture(d) skins for the Nexus 4 of course!

Seriously, finding any accessories for the N4 is a nightmare.

Unfortunately the giveaway is for skins, not the iPhone 6 :( sorry to disappoint!

No disappointment taken.  The phone's junk anyway

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

My favorite thing about Dbrand skins is that they don't care what time their video is made available to the viewing public...  :P

plus also that they have skins available for the Oneplus One (my phone).

My favorite thing is the awesome Custom skin they made for Linus Tech Tips. I want them to sell it.

My Build | CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i | Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z170 S ATX LGA1151  | Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR4-2400 Memory | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB & 250GB, Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM, HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB 7200RPM | Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB 100 Million Edition | Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Green) | Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Gold Certified | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 

i Like dBrand skins they make everything look great!

(BTW you have Skins for my face? so i can look great too!)

Quits a good phone, but the icon locations and the curved design of the actual device are too much of a put off for me, especially when the 5S was perfect in my view for design, with the chamfered edges making it easy to hold. If they just made a bigger 5S then I'd be happier. Otherwise I don't mind when it comes to mobile OS. Heck, I've used all but the blackberry OS and I liked each and every one for the different features they provide (besides samsung touchwiz).

DBrand skins are pretty much the go to covers for phones IMO, especially when they can make the carbon fibre one so well textured. Plus the LTT one for the Sony Xperia Z3 review was awesome. Now they need to make one with the fractal Josh Pie in face 8 bit picture, as I'd certainly get that :D

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

My favourite thing about dbrand skins is the texture (from what I've heard) and the quality, especially how easy they are to apply. And their website too, it looks really professional especially when compared to some of their competitors ahem ahem.

I really want to see more wood patterned skins beyond the two options available (mahogany, maple, teak, etc.) but beyond that their selection is pretty comprehensive for the most part.  :)

when u make that vid about CPU architectures dont forget that there are two versions of the Tegra K1

one is quad core arm7  and one has two large armv8 cores which is found on the nexus 9

many people believe that there is just one kind

stupid nvidia naming  problem

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

In my eyes the iPhone got even worse compared to the previous models.

DBrand is awesome though, i have been thinking about getting a skin because they seem high quality, unlike the other stuff that you can buy online. :P

who cares...

@LinusTech good review and strange how different people have such different opinions. I've been using a HTC M8 for the last few days just to test and am very glad to be switching back to the iPhone 6.

My major gripe with the HTC was the amount of app crashes - being up to 10 per day, usually the web browser.

Another thing I have liked when showing people videos on the phone was the front speakers, but at low-mid volumes with the phone in my pocket, I could not hear an alert and had to use vibrate (which I hate) so I ended up having to whip it out at the office much more than I'd like, plus a few missed calls. I had the same problem on a phone with rear mounted speakers as well. The iPhone's speaker is much preferred to me because I can hear an alert with the speaker protruding from my pocket and i do all of my content consumption on a tablet/with headphones.

Major gripe with the iPhone 6 being it's just too big. I decided against upgrading from an iPhone 4 to iPhone 5 because I thought the 5 was too big, so I switched away from iPhone for the last year, and the 6 (an Nokia Lumia 925, and HTC One M8 and most other phones) all frustrate me on a day to day basis, and I just can't get used to it.

My Nexus 5 is starting to get a bit scuffed and scratched, so it would be awesome if I got a skin for it to make it look like new again.

It isn't just iPhone 6 skins that you're giving away, right?

PS. the video is currently only in 360p (yuck)

HTTP/2 203

For me the biggest problem I saw at the time was how slippery the Iphone 6 was, it was the slipperiest phone I have ever held.not sure if apple intended this or not, especially with their apple care system (MOAR MONIES) But with skins looking so cool, I think that problem is solved. 

Edit: I just found out this is a giveaway, it kind of makes me laugh because I don't think Linus mentioned it in his video and now there isn't as many people commenting. Usually I'm writing this on page 100 lol. Just goes to show how announcing giveaways has such a big impact.

"A very inspirational quote"

Just here to say Kewl review of the iphone, not here to enter the contest tho :/

Ah phewy..They sponsored the video :/ there i just posted my entry...

Details separate people.

I have heard good things about dbrand skins but haven't had a chance to use one might be a good chance with the giveaway.

euro truck 2 is fun!

R.I.P DeViLzzz

"A very inspirational quote"

dbrand looks pretty cool, especially the carbon fiber one!