Router

ixiboneheadixi

i have verizon fios(best internet in my area) and i have i believe the Verizon MI424WR router(it has a red strip on it and it looks like this one on the verizon website so im assuming thats the model of it) how good is this router and it is worth it to be replaced? i also have atleast 8 devices connected to the internet and atleast 7 through the wifi.

Most stock routers ISP's give are pretty crap. I'd replace it if you're not getting the speeds you should over wifi.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

It's garbage, I'd go for the AC66U if you can afford it and feel like dealing with Verizon's BS to use your own, well you still have to use the shit Actiontec one along with yours. http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios/3.0_Networking#12506

so i HAVE TO use the verizon one no matter what anyway and just hook up a new one to the verizon one? would that limit speeds at all like for example if i had faster internet then the verizon one could handle like 1 gbps or something would it be able to transfer those speeds to the new router 

so i HAVE TO use the verizon one no matter what anyway and just hook up a new one to the verizon one? would that limit speeds at all like for example if i had faster internet then the verizon one could handle like 1 gbps or something would it be able to transfer those speeds to the new router 

Verizon only offers up to a 500Mbps "symmetrical" connection but anything over 150Mbps plan is WAY over priced, so as long as your under the 300Mbps and aren't pushing more than a few thousand PPS at the same time you should be good. From what I've seen people connect the routers together though the DMZ.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Verizon only offers up to a 500Mbps "symmetrical" connection but anything over 150Mbps plan is WAY over priced, so as long as your under the 300Mbps and aren't pushing more than a few thousand PPS at the same time you should be good. From what I've seen people connect the routers together though the DMZ.

yeah i know they are way overpriced for their higher speeds, im at 75 myself, i was just wondering how it all worked