Galaxy S5 vs Note 4 vs Nexus 6

CTx-V

Currently, I have the LG Optimus G through Sprint. I am not really in a rush to upgrade, as I have recently Rooted my phone. Since then, I am starting to enjoy the phone just a little more.  But I still really do not like the phone, as it is slow (faster now) and it has horrible battery life (better now).  I regretted buying this phone about a month after I bought it.  So, I am feeling the need to upgrade to a new Android device.

I am a Sprint user, therefor I am must use a phone compatible with them.  I am no intention of leaving Sprint, as I do not like the data plans for any of the other national carriers.  Plus, I have an older Sprint plan that gives me a lot of freedom while using data off network.

The 3 phones I have messed around with are the S5, Note 4, and G3.

With all the problems I have/have with my current LG, I am rather soured to buying another LG device.  Which leaves me with getting a S5. Note 4, or possibly a Nexus 6.

Just looking for current users to tell me what the actual end user experience is like...not a reviewer on line.  Although, I have read reviews from websites and watch YouTube reviews. Online reviews are nice and all, but they all mainly focus on stats and features, rather than what it is like to actually live with these phones.  Since the Nexus 6 is still in pre release, I am posting now to get opinions on it based on the the other Nexus Phones.  I can Pre-Register to buy the N6 now, and be one of the first to get it.

Thanks in advance

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

-Carl Sagan

My opinion:

Note 4, it has all the features that I would like in a phone. Build quality is a nice mix between metal and Plastic.

Screen, Well... Its 1440p, Battery life from what I've seen is good.

I've trusted Samsung for phones for years, they make some good ones imo.

iPhone 6

Or, if you must go Android, Nexus 5/Moto X (or OnePlus One if you can grab one)

iPhone 6

Or, if you must go Android, Nexus 5/Moto X (or OnePlus One if you can grab one)

I hate the iPhone and iOS...I have an iPad, and I will never buy another Apple product.  I find them to be way overpriced for the hardware you get, and do not like much they limited the customization an user can do.

Since I am a Sprint user, none of those Android phones are available.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

-Carl Sagan

I hate the iPhone and iOS...I have an iPad, and I will never buy another Apple product.  I find them to be way overpriced for the hardware you get, and do not like much they limited the customization an user can do.

Since I am a Sprint user, none of those Android phones are available.

*ahem*

http://www.androidcentral.com/yes-you-can-buy-nexus-5-google-play-and-activate-it-sprint

P.S. The iPhone rec was half a joke, I had a feeling you weren't intereted :D

*ahem*

http://www.androidcentral.com/yes-you-can-buy-nexus-5-google-play-and-activate-it-sprint

P.S. The iPhone rec was half a joke, I had a feeling you weren't intereted :D

Since that link is from Oct 2013, I will fill everyone in (that doesn't know) on what Sprint did in their infinite wisdom this month...

Sprint EOL'd the Nexus 5...so, they are no longer supporting the phone on Network. I could buy the phone, but they will not activate the phone under my number.  Or at least that is what I read on Sprint Website and in their Customer Care section.

-Carl Sagan

Nexus 6 no question. Note 4 has no reason to exist now except if you love touchwiz.

Note 4, since it has the exact same specs as the Nexus, and is a bit smaller

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Since that link is from Oct 2013, I will fill everyone in (that doesn't know) on what Sprint did in their infinite wisdom this month...

Sprint EOL'd the Nexus 5...so, they are no longer supporting the phone on Network. I could buy the phone, but they will not activate the phone under my number.  Or at least that is what I read on Sprint Website and in their Customer Care section.

What? That's dumb. But heck, I use Sprint :P

My brother got the iPhone for Life plan, so $50 a month unlimited everything + $21 a month for an iPhone 6, so like $80-$85 a month, and he can upgrade every two years without the rate changing, and no upfront costs.

What? That's dumb. But heck, I use Sprint :P

My brother got the iPhone for Life plan, so $50 a month unlimited everything + $21 a month for an iPhone 6, so like $80-$85 a month, and he can upgrade every two years without the rate changing, and no upfront costs.

I am trying to get my brother to go to the iPhone for Life plan through Sprint. He loves his iPhones ever since I got him a iPhone 2G for his birthday about 7 years a go.  But I almost have him on the Android side after sending him screen shots of my Widgets...haha.

I even thought about getting the plan myself, but it would cost me more than what I am paying for essentially the same thing.  I have had my plan for about 5 years now (and my Sprint account since 2002)...almost unlimited everything for under $80 including tax.  The only thing that is not unlimited is my any time minutes, but the most I have ever used in one month of those is 21 minutes.

I have gotten some free things from Sprint when I am threatening to turn off my line and go to a different carrier.

-Carl Sagan

A Note 4 user here, it's really a powerful phone. But if you feel that TouchWiz is slow, you can always root it and install custom ROM. If you don't feel like rooting, you may want to download other third-party app for dailer, gallery, etc. 

Just something to note, the metal frame is really superb to hold naked BUT you may want to consider getting a case. The metal frame is strong and good but not the metal chamfer chrome finish, it gets scratches easily. The moment I got I Note 4, I am already using a case but when I was changing my case today, I found out it already have several scratches... =C

Nexus 6 for pure stock and long upgrade life, if you don't mind a giant screen

Note 4 if you wan't the truth

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Note 4, since it has the exact same specs as the Nexus, and is a bit smaller

Nope

For example

Note 4 have better PPI and have 3MP more in it's camera!

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Note 4 have better PPI

You do realize that's because it's a bigger screen. And let's all be honest here, who's going to be able to see the difference between 493 PPI (Nexus 6) an 515 PPI (Note 4). The Nexus is going to run much smoother than a Note 4 which has a very heavy skin on top of Android. I would've gotten the device, but the only multitasking feature I would've used would've been the dual window feature. Everything else seems gimmicky. Having used Touchwiz before, I'd say don't get it. Rooting it will make the S-Pen useless, which is a big part of the Note experience. 

-From the desk of Moose-