Super Smash Brothers - WiiU! - 50 New Features Revealed! - Most Badass Game

GoodBytes

You need to stop assuming things. As I said, I do own a WiiU and those games, and I do enjoy them. I didn't say that I didn't, you're just making things up. But stop pushing the 60 fps thing, because as I said, it's bullshit. When even the 360 version of a game outperforms the WiiU, you know there's something wrong.

Yes, you're "QUEEN GABEN, PRINCESS REGGIE" or whatever shit you do makes me incredibly embarrassed.

Also I love how people accept the WiiU acceptable, when actually is isn't acceptable in the slightest, at least in the same way the PS4 and Xbox aren't acceptable. If you stopped giving in and buying Nintendo shit, they'd be force to release it on the PC.

There arnt too many game on Wii U and X360 and those that are are nothing notable. You program for the console you have not what you wish you had. I don't know if you have played Wii U but you don't even think about graphics really. Actually I'm surprised how good mario kart looks in so glad player.

I have ever no problem with consoles, I own and use them. What I do have problems with is consoles holding back PCs.

Sadly their Nintendo and they wouldn't and you would probably need specific peripherals if they did so it wouldn't be all that different.

For the first part, it does have to do consumers, because it would save everyone $300, because without first party there would be no reason to buy a Nintendo home console. I don't hate the Wii U, it seems pretty solid, but people who call it the only "current Gen" console to buy are kind of delusional, the other two major console have solid first party releases + multi platforms,

And secondly don't degrade me to some console warring keyboard soldier, I prefer Sony for the most part because they have better exclusive and the expected multiplat games

Then again it doesn't have enough games either and I wouldn't own one if my brother didn't want one

I have a PC and the games it has compliment the games I can get on PC pretty well. If I didn't have a PC and could only get consoles? Then I'd also get a PS4. But given I have a PC and can already play the vast majority of multiplatform games? The Wii U is the only console worth owning IMO. Clearly I'm not alone given how many in this thread feel the same.

As for the insistence that Nintendo should go multiplaform? Well I'd argue that as long as they're doing well financially I really don't give a shit. Because they are one of the best game developers on the planet and more competition is better. If them still making all of these games and shaking things up every now and then means I have to buy a console every five to six years? When I kinda want at least one gaming device for my TV anyway? When theirs is the only one that really does the local-multiplayer thing? Then why not. IMO the fact that there's such a push by some for them to go third party only serves to prove how great their collection of IP is. If there games *were* shit you wouldn't be commenting on an thread about Smash asking for them to go multiplatform ;)

You need to stop assuming things. As I said, I do own a WiiU and those games, and I do enjoy them. I didn't say that I didn't, you're just making things up. But stop pushing the 60 fps thing, because as I said, it's bullshit. When even the 360 version of a game outperforms the WiiU, you know there's something wrong.

Yes, you're "QUEEN GABEN, PRINCESS REGGIE" or whatever shit you do makes me incredibly embarrassed.

Also I love how people accept the WiiU acceptable, when actually is isn't acceptable in the slightest, at least in the same way the PS4 and Xbox aren't acceptable. If you stopped giving in and buying Nintendo shit, they'd be force to release it on the PC.

The 360 version of what game? Who cares. The only multiplatform game on Wii U that matters is Rayman Legends and that game also runs fine. And 60fps? Why not push it? Their major games are doing 60fps so I don't know why you're chucking a tantrum about it. If you own those games and think they're not then you really need your eyes checked. I agree that it's not the most capable machine in the world. Compared to where an average PC is you could easily argue it's only marginally higher spec than a 360. But who cares? I'm not buying it to play games I can play elsewhere and because of the style of game the platform is great for the extra power is a waste anyway. Hell, other dude I replied to was complaining about how much it costs and you're saying it should cost more. They can't win. Also again, the games do run at 60fps.

And yes, people buying Nintendo's "shit" because it happens to be good does mean that we'll never see Zelda on PC. Again, if it was "shit" you wouldn't want it on PC anyway. But guess what? Nintendo isn't going anywhere fast, despite the hyperbole they're rolling in cash. If I want to play their games, and I do, I'm buying their console because I enjoy those games. Get over it. Why are you even getting worked up about this? You said yourself that you also own the platform. So grow up.

Oh, and I think you've encouraged me to refer to Gaben and Miyamoto as Lords more frequently. That's a thing now. It was in jest obviously but you got so worked up about it that clearly it was worth doing. So thanks for giving me something else to shit-stir with.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I have a PC and the games it has compliment the games I can get on PC pretty well. If I didn't have a PC and could only get consoles? Then I'd also get a PS4. But given I have a PC and can already play the vast majority of multiplatform games? The Wii U is the only console worth owning IMO. Clearly I'm not alone given how many in this thread feel the same.

As for the insistence that Nintendo should go multiplaform? Well I'd argue that as long as they're doing well financially I really don't give a shit. Because they are one of the best game developers on the planet and more competition is better. If them still making all of these games and shaking things up every now and then means I have to buy a console every five to six years? When I kinda want at least one gaming device for my TV anyway? When theirs is the only one that really does the local-multiplayer thing? Then why not. IMO the fact that there's such a push by some for them to go third party only serves to prove how great their collection of IP is. If there games *were* shit you wouldn't be commenting on an thread about Smash asking for them to go multiplatform ;)

The 360 version of what game? Who cares. The only multiplatform game on Wii U that matters is Rayman Legends and that game also runs fine. And 60fps? Why not push it? Their major games are doing 60fps so I don't know why you're chucking a tantrum about it. If you own those games and think they're not then you really need your eyes checked. I agree that it's not the most capable machine in the world. Compared to where an average PC is you could easily argue it's only marginally higher spec than a 360. But who cares? I'm not buying it to play games I can play elsewhere and because of the style of game the platform is great for the extra power is a waste anyway. Also again, the games do run at 60fps.

And yes, people buying Nintendo's "shit" because it happens to be good does mean that we'll never see Zelda on PC. Again, if it was "shit" you wouldn't want it on PC anyway. But guess what? Nintendo isn't going anywhere fast, despite the hyperbole they're rolling in cash. If I want to play Zelda I'm buying their console because I enjoy their games. Get over it. Why are you even getting worked up about this? You said yourself that you also own the platform. So grow up.

Oh, and I think you've encouraged me to reffer to Gaben and Miyamoto as Lords now. That's a thing. It was in jest obviously but you got soo worked up about it that clearly it was worth doing. 

They have constant drops from 60 fps. Don't deny it. Bayonetta 2 runs, on average, 30-40 fps with drops into the 20s. So do the other two games mentioned, although the average is not quite as low.

Again, they are fun games, but let's not deny the awful frame rate drops. That makes you an embarrassing fanboy.

No, the Xbox 360 runs better than the WiiU. I say that as someone who hated the 360, too.

They have constant drops from 60 fps. Don't deny it. Bayonetta 2 runs, on average, 30-40 fps with drops into the 20s. So do the other two games mentioned, although the average is not quite as low.

Again, they are fun games, but let's not deny the awful frame rate drops. That makes you an embarrassing fanboy.

No, the Xbox 360 runs better than the WiiU. I say that as someone who hated the 360, too.

Dude Bayo 2 does not average anywhere near 30  its more like high 40s low 50s, and MK8 is all 60FPS except the wierd bug where it drops every 63rd frame

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yeah, this is the only good console. Everything else is bullshit

Lol, its much weaker and wont have lots of games because of that yet its the best one? Only cuz of the exclusives I'm assuming right?

Your PC does the same. The day avg fps will be equal to minimum FPS, then we will talk. But so far, that is not the case. And I did look at what you said about Bayonetta 2, it's at rare moment in the game, it's not everywhere all the time.

Long rant on the WAN show about this including Linus staring you down about the 60fps. Get rekt

Long rant on the WAN show about this including Linus staring you down about the 60fps. Get rekt

I played Smash WiiU in London, it too has drops unsurprisingly.

Keep defending it though.

Wow! I'm mostly excited for the fact that it supports all the Nintendo controllers! I can kick some butt with my orange Gamecube controller, so cool. :wub:

This might be the first time I'm buying a console, and it's Wii U.

So you never owned a S/NES, N64, PSX, or Gamecube? You missed out on good games. So sad.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Yea no. If it did, than it would be in the news everywhere. It's not.

This game is played competitively. I also saw the Nintendo Smash Championship event at E3 in full, the fps were stables.

Lol, its much weaker and wont have lots of games because of that yet its the best one? Only cuz of the exclusives I'm assuming right?

It's not just because it's weaker it's because it requires publishers to put in some actual effort to make something that will sell well. They can't just toss half-assed ports on the system and expect them to sell, or ports of old games. If there had been some real effort put into games early on in the console's life it might have actually done better, but the big publishers hate having to compete with Nintendo. Publishers have been bitching about competing with Nintendo since the Gamecube.

Maybe that build did. GameXplain got to play a current version of the game for three hours. He said it runs rock solid at 60fps in all the modes he played.

And I have it on 3DS where it runs at a smooth 60fps. REKT!

Maybe that build did.

Possibly, but I'll be reserving trust until the game is properly released and people see the frame rates for themselves. I'm also hearing others who have played the game at other events in the US are complaining about FPS.

Keep defending it.

Possibly, but I'll be reserving trust until the game is properly released and people see the frame rates for themselves. I'm also hearing others who have played the game at other events in the US are complaining about FPS.

Keep defending it.

I recall hearing something about that from one of the people I follow from Youtube. I can't remember which build it was though, might have been the E3 build.

Ignore him. He is nothing more than a troll. I have reported him already.

He is trying to derail this thread into a flame war.

Wasnt the final one was it :P

Wow! I'm mostly excited for the fact that it supports all the Nintendo controllers! I can kick some butt with my orange Gamecube controller, so cool. :wub:

So you never owned a S/NES, N64, PSX, or Gamecube? You missed out on good games. So sad.

Just a heads up youll need to get the adapter for gamecube controllers.

Geez, calm down. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo, even though they have a less capable system, have been treating us as gamers pretty well. Their games DO run at 60fps and they're not making lame excuses about how 30fps is "more cinematic". You giving them crap about not delivering 60fps? Frankly it's a load of shit. Those games run well because they've prioritised gameplay over the youtube lets-play graphical e-peen contest. If you had played them and knew what you were talking about you'd know this. As a gamer who has enjoyed these games? I'm going to defend them for doing that. I'm going to give praise where it's due and have some fun at the expense of companies like Ubisoft.

If this somehow "makes you embarrassed" then perhaps you should stop worrying about boosting your gamer cred and instead just enjoy the god damn games. Bayonneta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are three of the best games this year. Period. If you refuse to enjoy them and instead want to talk shit on forums? Your loss.

No. While not all games on the WiiU at 60Hz 1080p, it points that Nintendo, and its second party developers does this thing called: effort. While third party developer on the other consoles are too busy on pushing games every year, and deciding what to make as day 1 DLC, instead of focusing on optimization and caring. That was my point. Sony first party games don't have trouble delivering such experience. My point is that if the WiiU can do it, than the XBox One and PS4 should have much less of a problem, but third party gives excuses instead, and lies.

My fucking god, stop with this cringeworthy fanboy shit. You're making me embarrassed to be a gamer.

I actually own a PC, WiiU, PS4 and 3DS. Don't try and pull the "even the WiiU can handle 60 fps over the other consoles!" because that's flat out wrong.

To quote everyone here, they made Smash 4, mario kart 8 and pokemon X and Y all 60 FPS on 3DS hardware. Give Nintendo some props. They try and do love us a ton. 

Main Rig: White Lightning  = -Intel Core i7 3770 (4.1Ghz)-Zalman CNPS12X-MSI Z77A-G45-16GB G2 Patriot-MSI GTX 660TI OC PE-Corsair 650W-Corsair 600t White-

Laptop: MSI GT60 = -Intel Core i7 4700MQ-MSI GTX 770M-

Peripherals: Corsair K90-Corsair M90- Corsair 2100-CM Storm Quickfire TK (Green Switch)-Logitech G700

Ignore him. He is nothing more than a troll. I have reported him already.

He is trying to derail this thread into a flame war.

Wow, great argument. Just call someone a troll and report them when they criticise the company you fanboy over.

sigago.gif

Well I've poured something like 30hours into Smash on 3DS and it's a fantastic game. I've also poured a similar amount of time into Mario Kart 8 and that's equally as good a performer. So I'm pretty damn sure they're not going to completely root the Wii U version. So yes, I'll defend it, why wouldn't I?

I believe the reason why Nintendo is able to push 60fps, is that they spend time in selecting what to remove on stages, and make models of lower polygon count, and do tricks like on the 3DS where YOU move at 60fps, but the background and everything draws at 30fps. So basically, you have the best visuals with 2 players on the screen. maybe even 4. But at 8 players, characters will have reduce polygon count, some background stage elements will be remove (or simply not as detailed or having animated things on the large stages, so that you can't see a difference. Like for example, the background will be an image, and not have the stage start floating around with an animated 3D background). It's all tricks that Nintendo can do. It's all about optimization, and how to carefully cut things in a way that the player won't notice.

they must have pulled some sorcering of programing to get 2 things to draw at different frame rates, that is some serious dedication to make a game

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

they must have pulled some sorcering of programing to get 2 things to draw at different frame rates, that is some serious dedication to make a game

Yea a bit crazy.

Clip from the Nintendo announcement of the 3DS version

I'm going to need a bigger TV.....

(if only it could run at 4K. Just imagine that)

Wow, great argument. Just call someone a troll and report them when they criticise the company you fanboy over.

sigago.gif

I'm with you on this @GoodBytes, I've seen IdortMasterRace in other threads. He's a perfect example of why people don't like gamers and is a B+ troll.

On topic.. I'm actually now considering getting a Wii U, just for the first-party games, Nintendo seems to be doing a lot of things right compared to other console makers/devs.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit