Super Smash Brothers - WiiU! - 50 New Features Revealed! - Most Badass Game

GoodBytes

Yea yea, it's not technically tech news, but it's Super Smashhh Brooooothhheerrrrrrs!!! It gets a carte blanche.

Nintendo today announces 50 kick-ass features in the coming up Super Smash Brother game.

Here are some facts:

-> The game runs in glorious 1080p 60fps. Despite the least powerful console, Nintendo seams to have no problem delivering this game experience. Does this show how much B.S third party dev on other console are? Anyway, different topic.

sm_res.PNG

-> 4 player action... 5 player action... 6 player action... 7 player action....... 8 players kick-ass action!!!! (4 players for online)

sm_play.PNG

-> New large stages to accommodate the 8 players. When you are this many players, the game will disable some stages so that only the best stage can be played with, and will allow you to not be screwed over, if you hit 'random' map button.

-> 40 Fighters to start with. You can unlock more.

-> Danger zones on some maps. If you are 100% hit, it will be instant kill if you fall onto one. So be careful!

sm_dz.PNG

-> 2 (back and forward) plane maps. Use barrel to switch between planes, but it has limitations. So be careful.

sm_plane.PNG

-> Lots of new stages. And a stage coming at a later date, such as the Mii verse stage. A special stage that shows posts of fighters drawings on the back.

sm_miist.PNG

-> Boss battle in some stages... the boss can join a fighter as well, such as yourself, and now it's boss + you, against everyone else.

-> Coin battle is back!

-> Customize weapons that are drop and frequency of item drops on stage

-> Custom mode. Tweak the game as you like. Fights win and losses won't count in your score. So you can have fun

-> So many numbers of stage songs that it's NOT EVEN COMPARABLE!

sm_songs.PNG

-> All star mode. Start with the new fighters first than the old ones (reverse from 3DS). You can enjoy this mode with 2 players as well.

-> Even Mode has theme battles!

sm_event.PNG

-> Master Order and Crazy Order Modes

-> Supports all controllers!

sm_cont.PNG

Yes 3DS as well!

sm_3ds.PNG

4x 3DS can be used

Your stuff from the 3DS Smash Brothers will be also ported to the WiiU version

-> 64-player tournament mode

-> VOICE CHAT! But sadly, not during match. Nintendo says it's to reduce lag... suuure... But you can voice chat before and after matches. It uses the gamepad built-in mic

-> Stage builder! With the ability to draw you want on the stage. Share stage with friends and online coming later.

sm_c1.PNG

sm_c2.PNG

-> Want to reduce lag or have poor wireless for online play? The game supports the USB Wii LAN adapter.

sm_lan.PNG

As you can see above, it's not 50... there is A LOT more!

You can view the full 35min event here:

Watch the end for a surprise character reveal.

Bonus:

Club Nintendo special offer:

-> If you have the 3DS and WiiU version, you can register them at Club Nintendo, and get a 2 disk music CD.

Super Smash Brothers will be released November 21st.

Not to sound childish, but you sound like a 4 year old.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This might be the first time I'm buying a console, and it's Wii U.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

This might be the first time I'm buying a console, and it's Wii U.

Yeah, this is the only good console. Everything else is bullshit

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That's a bit of the idea :D

And making fun of the announcer on the video

But read my last post. It's actually a decently good console.

But read my last post. It's actually a decently good console.

Probably the only console worth considering for me. I can play with my group of friends and still have some room for more. :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

I own a Wii U, and I didn't even know it was that powerful!

Wii U, The Prefect PC Companion

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

The game runs in glorious 1080p 60fps.

lol, just like Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8, and Hyrule Warriors, that also run at 60 fps?

Or wait, should I say, 30-40 fps with drops to the 20s?

lol, just like Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8, and Hyrule Warriors, that also run at 60 fps?

Bayonetta 2 is one heck of demanding game. It's 720p 35-40fps. Which is still over 30fps.

Mario Kart 8 is 60fps in 1 and 2 players modes. Solid 60fps. I don't know where you are getting 30-40 or even 20fps as you claim.

Watch the video, it'll make sense. And besides what's wrong with sounding like a little kid every now and then? That's how you're supposed to sound when talking about Smash. Smash is like the gaming equivalent of asking a toddler what they want for their birthday. They want Link and Bowser and Mario and Charizard and they want a sword that goes "whoosh" and a baseball bat and huge bombs with stages that have lava in them and in space and they want to play with 8 players and they want to play against giant metal Villager. Then they look at you and you think "well, I also want that but I must put on the serious man face". However when you grab the controller you're a kid again.

You're just upset because you're not part of the glorious PC/Nintendo gaming master race. Lords Miyamoto and Gaben delivering gaming nirvana to our gamepads and keyboards. How about before you attempt a troll Wii U owners on how allegedly horrible Bayonetta 2 and Mario Kart 8 are you actually play the games. Then you'll realise that you are wasting your time, for we have already seen the truth.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

the glorious PC/Nintendo gaming master race. Lords Miyamoto and Gaben

My fucking god, stop with this cringeworthy fanboy shit. You're making me embarrassed to be a gamer.

I actually own a PC, WiiU, PS4 and 3DS. Don't try and pull the "even the WiiU can handle 60 fps over the other consoles!" because that's flat out wrong.

I want a Wii U

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

My fucking god, stop with this cringeworthy fanboy shit. You're making me embarrassed to be a gamer.

I actually own a PC, WiiU, PS4 and 3DS. Don't try and pull the "even the WiiU can handle 60 fps over the other consoles!" because that's flat out wrong.

No. While not all games on the WiiU at 60Hz 1080p, it points that Nintendo, and its second party developers does this thing called: effort. While third party developer on the other consoles are too busy on pushing games every year, and deciding what to make as day 1 DLC, instead of focusing on optimization and caring. That was my point. Sony first party games don't have trouble delivering such experience. My point is that if the WiiU can do it, than the XBox One and PS4 should have much less of a problem, but third party gives excuses instead, and lies.

Geez, calm down. The fact of the matter is that Nintendo, even though they have a less capable system, have been treating us as gamers pretty well. Their games DO run at 60fps and they're not making lame excuses about how 30fps is "more cinematic". You giving them crap about not delivering 60fps? Frankly it's a load of shit. Those games run well because they've prioritised gameplay over the youtube lets-play graphical e-peen contest. If you had played them and knew what you were talking about you'd know this. As a gamer who has enjoyed these games? I'm going to defend them for doing that. I'm going to give praise where it's due and have some fun at the expense of companies like Ubisoft.

If this somehow "makes you embarrassed" then perhaps you should stop worrying about boosting your gamer cred and instead just enjoy the god damn games. Bayonneta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros are three of the best games this year. Period. If you refuse to enjoy them and instead want to talk shit on forums? Your loss.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

That's the sound of happiness. 

Looks neat. I might end up getting one. Doubtful, but yea, looks awesome. 

Its a Wii u or a 970. Why do you make me do this. Why!?!?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

the Wii U still hasn't proven itself as a capable system to invest money into, sure if you are only interested in Nintendo first party games it's a one dog show, but the number of games is just too low, the gamecube had a more compelling market position, and we know how that turned out, wouldn't we all be better off if Nintendo went the way of Sega and because a multi plat developer

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

When I watched the amiibo trailer I facedesked so hard I broke my desk. It's so bad it hurt physically.

8 players? I see that Nintendo is greatly overestimating the number of friends I have. That's like 8 times too many.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Bayonetta 2 is one heck of demanding game. It's 720p 35-40fps. Which is still over 30fps.

Mario Kart 8 is 60fps in 1 and 2 players modes. Solid 60fps. I don't know where you are getting 30-40 or even 20fps as you claim.

I will say there are drops in Hyrule warriors rarely in single player with huge masses of enemies. The real drops you see are playing two player. This may have something to do with the one person on the pad, idk.

My friends and I think they should have swapped the tablet tech on mario kart and hyrule warriors. Separate screens on mario kart would be useful since the wider scree is helpful when driving. Hyrule warriors just feels weird coming from dynasty warriors and samurai warriors. Also a bunch of the screen elements are impossibly small.

Its a Wii u or a 970. Why do you make me do this. Why!?!?

Well what do you have now? If it's anything decent, Wii U!

the Wii U still hasn't proven itself as a capable system to invest money into, sure if you are only interested in Nintendo first party games it's a one dog show, but the number of games is just too low, the gamecube had a more compelling market position, and we know how that turned out, wouldn't we all be better off if Nintendo went the way of Sega and because a multi plat developer

Looks at his 10 or so games. I think it's a pretty good investment...

Gamecube really kinda didn't. It didn't go so well for them and even some first party titles were kids flops within their franchisees.