Where can I buy individual DDR4-3300 cards?

Con

I'd like to buy one or two Dominator® Platinum Series 8GB DDR4 DRAM cards of 3300MHz.

I understand that these are usually sold as 4 piece kits, but I'd like to buy them individually and gradually upgrade.

I know the obvious answer would be to save up for a x4 kit, but the budget for my rig design is already going to take 5 months, I need something to get started on soon.

Also, I can't find the 3300MHz 8GB versions anywhere, kit or not (just the 3200MHz kits). So I'd appreciate some light on the subject.

Thanks.

why the fuck would you buy Dominator Platiunms if you can't afford the amount of ram you want? 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Also, I can't find the 3300MHz 8GB versions anywhere, kit or not (just the 3200MHz kits). So I'd appreciate some light on the subject.

Thanks.

Maybe because there isn't such thing? Not as original packed at least link. To note that they are sold as quad packs because they are meant for 2011-3 socket boards. None of other socket systems use DDR4 yet so no need to make such kits.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

why the fuck would you buy Dominator Platiunms if you can't afford the amount of ram you want? 

Also that speed.

Who need 3300 MHz. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Also that speed.

Who need 3300 MHz. 

I'd say people that have money to blow and want the most stupidly overkill PC, but it doesn't sound like he has money to blow :D

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

>Doesnt have enough money for 32 gigs - buys dominators

>Cant afford 32gigs @ 3300 - wants 1 stick  over time instead of lower speeds

damn ur desperate for that dominator kit

In hindsight, mayyyybe 2666MHz is okay. But I'm still open to DDR4 advice on fast RAM.

So I can start with a level of performance, then upgrade to better performance in the future (2 pay cheques later, let's say). For instance, one might buy a single graphics card, but plan to eventually use SLI. I'm sorry to say that I don't see the problem here, please elaborate so I can make better use of your post.

Maybe because there isn't such thing? Not as original packed at least link. To note that they are sold as quad packs because they are meant for 2011-3 socket boards. None of other socket systems use DDR4 yet so no need to make such kits.

I see. I am, of course, using a 2011-v3 socket. Do you have a good estimation of when individual cards may be sold?

Also that speed.

Who need 3300 MHz. 

For an over-kill rig, primarily. I will also make use of the advantage it has with video editing.

I'd say people that have money to blow and want the most stupidly overkill PC, but it doesn't sound like he has money to blow  :D

I don't have the money to finish such a thing, evidently. But if every part I buy is destined to become part of the greater design, then it's more cost effective than buying cheap parts to replace with more expensive parts.

My situation is that I've recently got myself a job & I want a good computer, as soon as possible. The bare essentials, to me, is: x1 CPU, MB, PSU, GPU, RAM, case & SSD. Anything extra can simply be added on over time. If I want eight (x8) 8GB DDR4-3300 RAM cards, I should be able to get them one at a time, because the computer will still work with just one. This way I can have a working (& pretty good spec) rig before it's even finished. That's the idea. There will be lots of room to upgrade, that's what kind of rig I want; a great big work in progress with an objective at the end (even if it takes a year or two to completely finish).

>Doesnt have enough money for 32 gigs - buys dominators

>Cant afford 32gigs @ 3300 - wants 1 stick  over time instead of lower speeds

damn ur desperate for that dominator kit

Yes.

If I buy x4 DDR4 RAM cards of 2666MHz, but want x8 DDR4 RAM cards of 3300MHz in the future, I will have to spend more on buying all eight than just adding another four. I want to buy the essentials of the main plan.

I don't have the money to finish such a thing, evidently. But if every part I buy is destined to become part of the greater design, then it's more cost effective than buying cheap parts to replace with more expensive parts.

My situation is that I've recently got myself a job & I want a good computer, as soon as possible. The bare essentials, to me, is: x1 CPU, MB, PSU, GPU, RAM, case & SSD. Anything extra can simply be added on over time. If I want eight (x8) 8GB DDR4-3300 RAM cards, I should be able to get them one at a time, because the computer will still work with just one. This way I can have a working (& pretty good spec) rig before it's even finished. That's the idea. There will be lots of room to upgrade, that's what kind of rig I want; a great big work in progress with an objective at the end (even if it takes a year or two to completely finish).

;) don't take everyone so seriously. Honestly though, 3300 is a waste of money. What's the goal here? As much ram as possible or something like 32GB? I suppose you could buy a quad kit and sell 3 :D There is only 1 kit available so there is almost no chance you will find anyone selling a single stick. Also, why does it have to be Corsair? If you care about performance there are other options for 3300MHz and very soon more. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

I see. I am, of course, using a 2011-v3 socket. Do you have a good estimation of when individual cards may be sold?

Propably in 1-3 years. They will become relevant when boards with only 2 slots are being sold. However I must wonder who still would be buying them as single piece deals...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv