My friend's phone is scoring 6000 below the average Antutu benchmark.

OriginalPromise

So my friend has a Galaxy S4 (Thank my fanboying) but is underperforming massively. 

I'm not sure what's the problem is, but I'm going to take a look at it tommorow.

However, it the Antutu results are showing up 6000 (EDIT:points) below the average, he did get a defective device right?

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

How can you like like samsung smartphones? They are bloated as hell. Just be sure the device isn't in power save mode

How can you like like samsung smartphones? They are bloated as hell

They're not that bad, IMO. It's the shitty plasticy construction that pisses me off.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

They're not that bad, IMO. It's the shitty plasticy construction that pisses me off.

The GS4 was the worst. If you said VAIO was bloated, then Samsung is about 10x more. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I cant stand modification of android my manufacturers. HTC Sense is pretty much the only one that's bearable. Samsung's is especailly horrible because everything is MASSIVE(who designed the UI, a 5 y/o?) and it is detrimental to performance. 

S4 with Touchwiz KitKat is just horrible in terms of performance.

The galaxy s5 got a few thousand points less than the OnePlus One on AnTuTu with similar specs. That just shows how bad it is.

How can you like like samsung smartphones? They are bloated as hell. Just be sure the device isn't in power save mode

-Loyal Samsung customer for the last 10 years +

How's his RAM usage? TouchWiz can be unpredictable. 

Everything is underperforming. His Snapdragon 600 variant is under performing on every aspect except for the Storage and RAM. 

The galaxy s5 got a few thousand points less than the OnePlus One on AnTuTu with similar specs. That just shows how bad it is.

More like my friend's galaxy S4 got 6000 points less the "average" galaxy S4.

minus 6000%? What the hell?

You know that means that the phone needs 61 times its normal processing power to do anything, right? Or am I missing something here?

6000 points less the "average" galaxy S4.

I apologize for my poor use of vocabulary. 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

minus 6000%? What the hell?

You know that means that the phone needs 61 times its normal processing power to do anything, right? Or am I missing something here?

He means points. 

-Loyal Samsung customer for the last 10 years +

Most Samsung products are okay. It's specifically their smartphones that I find horrible.

Most Samsung products are okay. It's specifically their smartphones that I find horrible.

Well.....

The Note 4 does have the best smartphone display in the market as of now...

(And Exynos 5433 is baller)

(With Samsung semiconductors)

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Well.....

(And Exynos 5433 is baller)

(With Samsung semiconductors)

I wouldn't say it's necessarily the best display, but it's definitely great. The displays are one of Samsung's strong points(if you are into oversaturation like I am). The Exynos 5433 is a great chip, but it is proprietary, so the ROM support would be limited. The hardware on Samsung phones are great. It's the software that needs a buttload of work on. 

Well.....

It's only "best" because it's AMOLED, and everyone loves oversaturated colors on smartphones.

"Rawr XD"

Benchmarks are just one thing too, to actually use a TouchWiz phone, just general UI navigation is slow af

"Rawr XD"

It's only "best" because it's AMOLED, and everyone loves oversaturated colors on smartphones.

Wait 'till the Z4s 1440p IPS display. 

Apple's 6 and 6 Plus is the best LCD based smartphone display though.

The Note 4 still takes the crown. <3

#GALAXY

#ATIV

The Note 4 still takes the crown. <3

And it will have the 810 CPU. And 4GB of RAM. (With some to actually spare, because there is no TouchWiz) 

Uhh....... no.

"Rawr XD"

1440p is dumb on a 5-6" phone. The performance loss isn't anywhere near the point of being worth it for the extra pixels that you can't see anyways.

"Rawr XD"

Uhh....... no.

Well. If you want harsh numbers. No, it's not. The Plus is the first 1920x1080 iPhone.

1440p is dumb on a 5-6" phone. The performance loss isn't anywhere near the point of being worth it for the extra pixels that you can't see anyways.

I agree.