Ninjah Tigah

Here's the other half, since you deliberately omitted it:

• Delivered full power at 45°C
  • Efficient
  • Good ripple suppression at +12V, 5V and 5VSB
  • Great amount of cables/connectors
  • Only uses Japanese caps
  • Excellent voltage regulation at 5V
  • 5-year warranty (EVGA informed us that they offer a free upgrade to a 10 Year warranty on this model, after it is registered on their website)

What's more the top problem that techpowerup had in the review was the price. The review was based on the fact that it was on release $140. It ain't that now. You can get it for less than $100. That rather negates a good portion of the negative review. The score would rise somewhat if reviewed now.

I already said if the price difference was £4, it'd take the G2. But it won't be that for everyone now will it?

So lets get down to the crunch. Comparatively, which to buy? For £4 extra the G2 wins, that is obvious. If the difference is $30 (that's the minimum difference at the moment in the USA) and that $30 is pushing the budget against everything else in the build? If you have to buy it, the NEX will perform fine. The NEX is also the cheapest 750w modular PSU in the USA at the moment after MIR, that means plenty of the people doing specs in this forum are going to use it in their specs. Subsequently lot's of budget minded people are going to buy it.

I was referring to the 'Bad' points on the summary. Of course it will have it's good points. 

The NEX would be a value buy if it was maybe £20/£30 less but it isn't. It might be cheaper in the USA or some other place, but then you spec differently for that scenario.

I think we are both in agreement that in this case the G2 is the better buy ? So let's not derail the op's thread any longer  :)

I was referring to the 'Bad' points on the summary. Of course it will have it's good points. 

The NEX would be a value buy if it was maybe £20/£30 less but it isn't. It might be cheaper in the USA or some other place, but then you spec differently for that scenario.

I think we are both in agreement that in this case the G2 is the better buy ? So let's not derail the op's thread any longer  :)

I already said the G2 is better, especially for £4. But since that NEX is the cheapest 750w in the USA, and it's fully modular, I'm already recommending it to Americans. Until yesterday the Rosewill Capstone M 1000w was $90 after a $40 MIR, and that's a Superflower OEM too. That would be what I recommend for a proper grunt PSU, though not since the MIR ended.