Convince me not to buy a Nexus 5

badtrip

It's all in the title.

Oneplus One is not an option. I live in Canada so it comes around 500 CAD$.

Thanks for your replies!

CPU Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz + CM hyper 212 evo Motherboard Gigabyte RAM 8gb GPU Nvidia GTX 670 Case Antec Nine Hundred Storage Samsung 840 SSD PSU Antec 650w Display Asus 144hz + 16:10 Samsung for coding Keyboard Microsoft Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw Sound Sennheiser HD555

I have a nexus 5 and I love it.......................................................sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo just buy one.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

It's all in the title.

Thanks for your replies!

Justin Beiber uses the Nexus 5 to write his "Music"...

You convinced yet? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

-

Welcome to the forum! Please remember to follow your topics!

1) no micro sd slot

2) no removable battery

3) LG G2s can be found for cheaper sometimes and don't have the above issues, as well as being a bit faster

4) it isn't dual sim

That's pretty much it, there aren't any other downsides that I know of.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

You convinced yet? 

He's probably using an iPhone like everyone in this business :P

CPU Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz + CM hyper 212 evo Motherboard Gigabyte RAM 8gb GPU Nvidia GTX 670 Case Antec Nine Hundred Storage Samsung 840 SSD PSU Antec 650w Display Asus 144hz + 16:10 Samsung for coding Keyboard Microsoft Mouse Steelseries Sensei Raw Sound Sennheiser HD555

Oh my is that true? Damn, that puts the phone under a completely new light  :mellow:

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I live in Canada so it comes around 500 CAD$.

No it doesn't. My 16GB was less then $400 shipped, including tax.

"Rawr XD"

He's probably using an iPhone like everyone in this business :P

Shhh, he wanted convincing, 

Oh my is that true? Damn, that puts the phone under a completely new light  :mellow:

Seems to be working..I mean..yes that's true! 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

1) no micro sd slot

2) no removable battery

3) LG G2s can be found for cheaper sometimes and don't have the above issues, as well as being a bit faster

4) it isn't dual sim

Very good point about the G2 but I kinda like fast updates from google and I hate cyanogenmod i'm using it on my Galaxy S3.

My S3 is starting to show its age. Its overheating all the time so it's throttling the phone to the point it's pretty much useless :P

Just buy it. The phone you want is the phone you want.

Its the best phone that suits all your needs, you should want it, feel it calling you

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Have you converted that to CAD $ ? by taxes you mean the money DHL collected ?

Im pretty sure that the 16gb is out of production, as, well the 64gb has a much higher demand.

System: Windows 8.1 Pro\Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme\Intel i7 3930k @3.2ghz (Very Lazy)\Corsair H110\16 GB Corsair Vengance 4x4gb @1600 MHZ\2x Gigabyte 970 G1 Gaming in SLI \2TB Seagate Barracuda, 256 GB Samsung 840 Evo \Corsair Air 540\OCZ ZX1250\Silverstone Red extensions 

Monitors: DP2710 X-Star, Asus PB287Q

Have you converted that to CAD $ ? by taxes you mean the money DHL collected ?

Nexus 5 or OPO?

For my Nexus 5 it was Canadian dollars. I don't know what company delivered it as my brother was the one who picked up the package when I wasn't home, however I was not charged any delivery taxes aside from just regular shipping cost. 

$350 for the phone + $17 shipping + GST (5% in Alberta) for me.

"Rawr XD"

1) no micro sd slot

2) no removable battery

4) it isn't dual sim

I'm curious, how is the G2 faster.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Get a year Brazzers subscription. It's a lot cheaper and you'll get much more pleasure out of it.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Ok guys I think I gotta feel it in my hands... I'll go to the bell store right now pretend I'm interested in a new phone.

I'll then feel it in my hands and tell them it's not a Samsung so I don't want it.

Finally, I'll come home and order it on the play store.

Nexus 5 or OPO?

For my Nexus 5 it was Canadian dollars. I don't know what company delivered it as my brother was the one who picked up the package when I wasn't home, however I was not charged any delivery taxes aside from just regular shipping cost. 

$350 for the phone + $17 shipping + GST (5% in Alberta) for me.

Was asking about the OPO. Also you lucky 5% alberta guy! I'm from Quebec aka Taxes kingdom

Wait for the probable Nexus 5 2014 in November. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

I'm curious, how is the G2 faster.

If you look at benchmarks it scores a bit better even if it has the same cpu. Probably due to its ram or software optimization, but there you have it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Moto G

SD card, beautiful screen and knows everything as the nexus or what a smartphone must know. phones does not really get any better after that,  just more luxorious

I live in New Brunswick, bought OnePlus One.. total with shipping and duties was less than $450.. Just saying 

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner