Microsoft Q1 2015 Earning - Surface Revenue up massively

GoodBytes

Microsoft has published its Q1 fiscal 2015 earnings report, today.

The company has made $4.5 billion in net income on $23.20 billion in revenue.

microsoft1_2040.0.0_standard_1025.0.jpg

One of the interesting points, the Surface revenue was $908 million this quarter. This is a 127% from the $400 million this time last year.

With the launch of the Surface Pro 3 in late June, we’ve finally got a full quarter of Surface revenue that includes Microsoft’s latest tablet. While Surface sales are still a mystery, Surface revenue was $908 million this quarter, up a massive 127 percent from the $400 million this time last year. Last quarter Microsoft’s decision not to ship the Surface Mini hit revenue for Surface overall, but that blip is well behind the company now. If Surface Pro 3 sales continue to be strong, then Surface could easily be Microsoft's next billion dollar business. Microsoft also notes that Surface gross margin was positive this quarter, meaning the company is now making money from its tablets.

, says The Verge.

Lumia is also doing better, with 9.3 million sold this quarter.

Microsoft’s mobile efforts might be increasingly moving across platform, but the company still sells Windows Phone licenses and has been focusing on the low-end to push for growth recently. The Lumia 930, 630, and 530 were all launched and made available during the recent quarter, and Microsoft has been increasingly signing new hardware partners in 2014. Microsoft sold 9.3 million Lumia phones in the most recent quarter, a 5.6 percent increase from the record 8.8 million handset sales in the same period last year.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/23/7030831/microsoft-q1-2015-financial-earnings

welll microsoft is pulling its self together also how did you get the news badge

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

See guys?

Told you it was a good move.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well, the surface 3 IS much better than its previous iterations... not quite where I'd like yet but it's coming closer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

YESSS. This makes me very happy. I love the Surface line, I love my SP3 and I really hope that this allows them to keep Surfaces

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

I somehow like the Surface Pro 3 and that it is finally selling.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

a surface with core M will be  something i might consider

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

But how much money did they spend on advertising?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

But how much money did they spend on advertising?

well ... not enough

people still called it an ipad

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

awesome, I love the surface. as soon as it's got a thunderbolt port, it'll be used with an external GPU as a desktop replacement. (depending on the power of the CPU. based on intel's low-power focus this might be doable soon)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Revenue up for iPads wow. 

AWWW I GET IT  :lol:

and i am Really happy that Microsoft is making a comeback with Satya Nadella

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Maybe it has to do with all the NFL ads they have for the ipad... I mean surface.

well ... not enough

people still called it an ipad

To be fair I had people call my nexus 7 (2012) an ipad... it's not that ms' advertising is bad, it's just that apple's is too good (combined with the legions of fans shouting about their stuff everywhere)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

welll microsoft is pulling its self together also how did you get the news badge

He was awarded it by the Mods, because - well, he's a trusted News Poster. There are only a few that get awarded the badge. If you want that badge, you have to earn it by posting excellent quality news posts, that are well written and formatted, like @GoodByes does

This is fantastic news! So many people were being all "doom and gloom" about the Surface, but it's nice to see them proven wrong. I'd love to get a Surface Pro 3. I can't wait to see what they do with the next iteration.

<rant>

What I'd like to see though, Microsoft (And Nokia), if it isn't too much trouble, is the FUCKING NOKIA 930 AVAILABLE IN CANADA! Our WP8 device selection is absolute crap. I could buy the International version of the 930 unlocked, but then it would be running on 3G speeds only. The Lumia Icon is the only version that will work on LTE in Canada, but alas, still a Verizon Exclusive... Same with the HTC One M8 For Windows... Fucking Verizon Exclusive.

</rant>

@carolkarine I'd also like to see Thunderbolt on the Surface, though I doubt I'll really use it, unless they release a "Graphics Workstation Docking Station" type add-on, that includes a 16x PCIe slot, along with a bunch of other I/O options.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nice. I'd consider getting the next iteration of it, if they can pull the price down.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Saw it myself at University, more Surface tablets than I expected

144Hz goodness

Still getting people telling me "that's awesome wish my ipad can do that"  :D

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I wish they didn't cost that much though.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB