Does Skype disturb you when you're gaming?

MellowCream

Whenever my Skype status is "online," when I get am playing a game, the stupid "answer or ignore" pop-up thing either minimizes my game, or glitches it the hell out. On DND, I cannot hear or have anyway of know if I'm being called or IM'd

My friend made this suggestion, what about a mode that allows the notification sound, but not that annoying pop-up?

If you agree, give this post on the Skype forum a kudos and possibly a reply.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client-Ideas/Add-option-to-disable-incoming-call-popup/idi-p/3141848#M1220

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

I usually keep it in do not disturb mode so no

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Whenever my Skype status is "online," when I get am playing a game, the stupid "answer or ignore" pop-up thing either minimizes my game, or glitches it the hell out. On DND, I cannot hear or have anyway of know if I'm being called or IM'd

My friend made this suggestion, what about a mode that allows the notification sound, but not that annoying pop-up?

If you agree, give this post on the Skype forum a kudos and possibly a reply.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client-Ideas/Add-option-to-disable-incoming-call-popup/idi-p/3141848#M1220

I use Razer comms and it works well 90% of the time. Also the in game overlay option in comms works well and would solve your problem.

Do I have Skype installed on my computer?

Nope.

xD neither do i :P

People logging in keeps on covering my Minimap while playing LoL, calls are less of an issue in general 'cause they are quick and easy to dismiss  :mellow:

Cheers,

Linus

Ts3 or do not disturb mode.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

People logging in keeps on covering my Minimap while playing LoL, calls are less of an issue in general 'cause they are quick and easy to dismiss  :mellow:

The new mode would fix that because it would disable notifications.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

For me, Skype pops up every now and then but it never minimizes a game. That seems a bit strange to me as I play games at full screen and even then the pop-up never intrudes much. It just makes the sound and leaves. I can see it get annoying though, especially if people want to IM but you're gaming.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

You obviously didn't read the thread. It clearly said I wanted to hear the notification, but not see it so it wouldn't disturb my game. Also, you can't IM on TS.

Seriously just get comms it will literally solve all your problems.

Seriously just get comms it will literally solve all your problems.

"Hey man, call me on Razer Comms" said no one ever...

"Hey man, call me on Razer Comms" said no one ever...

obviously someone who hasn't tried it. Its made for games so...yeah.

Tell you what. You and your friend get it setup and try it out and if it doesn't work you can cuss me out in a PM all you want. Okay?

You can change what notifications you get in the settings.
Just click the 'options' at the top left under one of the tabs and find the configuration oftions for notifications.

Then you can change it to your liking.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do I have Skype installed on my computer?

Nope.

Its a joke simmer down there. :P

It's a dumb joke that detracts from the point of the thread. Is trolling allowed on these forums? (The Terms of Service link was broken on the registration page...)

Ya, but then you don't know when someone's sent you a message and you end up replying 2 or 3 hours after the message was relevant...

Just saying, not everyone uses Skype. I am one of those people.

Also, Im busy and im bored (contradicting, but whatever)

Being bored is no excuse to troll. You're just ruining the thread for everyone else.

People logging in keeps on covering my Minimap while playing LoL, calls are less of an issue in general 'cause they are quick and easy to dismiss :mellow:

Well then make sure to give a "Kudos" in the thread on the Skype forums. :)

I use Razer comms and it works well 90% of the time. Also the in game overlay option in comms works well and would solve your problem.

Mumble works well in my opinion. I don't like Skype at all. It bothers me all the time.

Guys, we use TS3 all the time. Me and mellow are on his server right now. We keep Skype open 24/7 to keep in contact with a wide variety of friends we've met in various games or IRL. I personally don't have a phone to text my IRL friends and use either Skype or Facebook to keep in contact. Once again, we only use Skype for Instant Messaging, not voice.

You can change what notifications you get in the settings.

Just click the 'options' at the top left under one of the tabs and find the configuration oftions for notifications.

Then you can change it to your liking.

Uh... that doesn't disable incomming calls... That's for the tray popups when people sign in and out and such.

Ya, but then you don't know when someone's sent you a message and you end up replying 2 or 3 hours after the message was relevant...

if it is so urgent they always have my phone number,steam,origin,facebook so they can contact me 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

if it is so urgent they always have my phone number,steam,origin,facebook so they can contact me 

So suddenly this whole thread revolves around you? :P

Just to clarify guys, me and mellow, and a lot of our friends, and I was hoping some of you guys, use Skype for instant messaging and like to know when we've recived an IM. However we have some dumbasses on our contact lists that like to randomly call us without warning when they're bored. They also have an impecible tendancy to do it right when we're in the middle of a game of BF3 or whatever FPS game we need our mouse and screen focused on. And don't just say "block them" because they're usually regular players on our Minecraft servers or someone who will get all butthurt when they get blocked. :P

Just to clarify guys, me and mellow, and a lot of our friends, and I was hoping some of you guys, use Skype for instant messaging and like to know when we've recived an IM. However we have some dumbasses on our contact lists that like to randomly call us without warning when they're bored. They also have an impecible tendancy to do it right when we're in the middle of a game of BF3 or whatever FPS game we need our mouse and screen focused on. And don't just say "block them" because they're usually regular players on our Minecraft servers or someone who will get all butthurt when they get blocked. :P

Skype isn't exactly made gaming. Comms is and is implemented much better into games. I would highly suggest trying it.

It's a dumb joke that detracts from the point of the thread. Is trolling allowed on these forums? (The Terms of Service link was broken on the registration page...)

First off that wasnt trolling. It was a joke. There is a difference. Next since you are new to this forum you would have no way of know how it works. We a a fairly tight necked community that likes having a personality and showing it. If you want cut and dry answers with no personality or sense of humor i would suggest product forums or tomshardware. Also I fail to see how that joke detracted from the thread...

Skype isn't exactly made gaming. Comms is and is implemented much better into games. I would highly suggest trying it.

First off that wasnt trolling. It was a joke. There is a difference. Next since you are new to this forum you would have no way of know how it works. We a a fairly tight necked community that likes having a personality and showing it. If you want cut and dry answers with no personality or sense of humor i would suggest product forums or tomshardware. Also I fail to see how that joke detracted from the thread...

Just because a program isn't made for gaming doesn't give it an excuse to be intrusive into other applications. And we're quite happy using TS3 for our communications.

That comment was trolling, it was being decontructive towards the thread and was essentially spam. Me and Mellow both reported it, and now it's been removed by a moderator. I think that's evidence enough that the staff agree it was inappropriate. I have no problem with humorous posts and I understand this is the off-topic section. But when someone makes a serious post about something of significance I generally consider it rude to interject and diverge away from the point like that.

There is no do not disturb mode in the metro version

The only windows 8 change i didn't like, was they absolutely ruined skype in its entirety

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

You can turn off notification pop ups for calls, messages, and online ppl while still having the sounds on

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Just because a program isn't made for gaming doesn't give it an excuse to be intrusive into other applications.

Then stop empowering that application and stop using it.

Happens all the time for me. In borderless windowed mode it's less annoying, but your mouse still sticks to the little skype window