Senheisser HD558 vs Audio Technica ATH-AD700x

LemonSpice
Go to solution Solved by dylandylandylan,

what foam mod are you talking about

Which one is better for soundstage sound signature and build quality?

I plan to use these for gaming and for rock grunge and classic rock i love vocals

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I would plan to rubber band mod the audio techicas btw

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I have only used 558's and they are fantastic.  I can't comment on the sound quality of the Audio Technica's.

I can say I don't think you will be disappointed with the 558's.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I have only used 558's and they are fantastic.  I can't comment on the sound quality of the Audio Technica's.

I can say I don't think you will be disappointed with the 558's.

how is there comfort

how is there comfort

Like wearing an angel around your head. No lie, one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever purchased.

Another vote for the HD558s from me, best all rounder for the price imo.

#!

Like wearing an angel around your head. No lie, one of the most comfortable headphones I've ever purchased.

how is there sound stage since that is what i am going for

Very wide.

what is there sound signature

• The HD 558's are insanely neutral sound signature, they focus almost evenly on the mids and highs with really strong and detailed bass to back it up

iXS2P66.png

#!

so should i get a dt990 and a fiio or a ad700x or 558 senheisser

so should i get a dt990 and a fiio or a ad700x or 558 senheisser

They're extremely different sound signatures across those headphones. They're all good headphones in regards to build quality, sizing etc, you'd really have to look around on the web and compare your own thoughts on the music you listen to predominately, to other reviews and insights on the internet. 

Sound is so subjective. 

#!

They're extremely different sound signatures across those headphones. They're all good headphones in regards to build quality, sizing etc, you'd really have to look around on the web and compare your own thoughts on the music you listen to predominately, to other reviews and insights on the internet. 

Sound is so subjective. 

what about 558 vs 598 as the 598 is alittle over budget and doesnt have a good colour do you have experience with both

Sound is so subjective. 

also how is the 558 sound leakage

what about 558 vs 598 as the 598 is alittle over budget and doesnt have a good colour do you have experience with both

HD558 is very similar to the HD598, especially with the foam mod, HD558. I noticed very little difference between the two headphones.

also how is the 558 sound leakage

Well, the HD558 is an open headphone, so everyone around you is going to hear it. 

#!

HD558 is very similar to the HD598, especially with the foam mod, HD558. I noticed very little difference between the two headphones.

Well, the HD558 is an open headphone, so everyone around you is going to hear it. 

what foam mod are you talking about

thank you so much

Yes exactly that.  They make me smile when I put them on.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I have the HD555, which is prolly the predecessor of the HD558, and I'd just read about the foam mod to make the HD555 sound like the HD595.....gonna do it after giving my HD555 a good deal of use. I wanna 'burn' into memory its signature sound and compare it to the sound after removing the foam. I was comparing my HD555 against the ATH-AD700X, and while the later seems to be easier to drive (easily louder than the HD555 at same volume setting).

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2