ARMA 3 Free to Play Until Oct The 26th on Steam

OfficialJsP

Bohemia Interactive's "Make Arma Not War" modding contest is closing to entrants in just a few days, and that means it's time to play some Arma 3—for free! (And if you find yourself digging it, you can also buy the game for half-price.)

The looming end of the contest (winners will be announced next year) doesn't necessarily mean that it's time for free Arma, I suppose, but that's what the studio said on Facebook—"In support of the Make Arma Not War contest, you can temporarily play

Arma 3 for free"—and so that's what I'm going with. The upcoming launch of the Helicopters DLC may have something to do with it too. Regardless of how you justify it, what matters is that Arma 3 is now playable for free on Steam and will remain so until, according to my time-zone-adjustment calculations, 10 am PDT on October 26. Arma 3, for those not in the know, is a military FPS, but unlike, say, the Call of Duty series, its focus is on authenticity. It's also extremely moddable, as reflected by the nature of the Make Arma Not War contest, which is offering $680,000 in total prizes—including $250,000 for the winner of the "Total Modification" category—and provided nearly a full year to get the job done: The contest began on December 5, 2013, and will close on October 28 of this year.

If you haven't been working on your entry since at least early summer, in other words, there's no point in worrying about it now. But hey, at least you can play some free Arma. Hook yourself up at Steam.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/arma-3-free-weekend-is-now-underway/

if you haven't already it would be a great time to try out arma 3

I can definitely recommend ARMA to anyone who is wondering if it is worth downloading. Even to those that don't particularity enjoy FPS, you can do wonders in editor.

Free? You couldn't pay me to play a game on that terrible engine. It is the single biggest problem with the dayz standalone

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

ARMA 3 is Free Until Oct The 26th*

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Free? You couldn't pay me to play a game on that terrible engine. It is the single biggest problem with the dayz standalone

You're an ignorant moron.

ArmA 3 uses a different engine, DayZ SA is still using the ArmA 2 engine.

A3 has DX11 support and great multi threading, if DayZ had been built on this new engine, it wouldn't have any of its current issues.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

A3 has DX11 support and great multi threading, if DayZ had been built on this new engine, it wouldn't have any of its current issues.

Then perhaps I've heard wrong (I'd heard that DayZ SA was basically using the arma 3 engine, or some elements from it or something, this was a while back), either way, I didn't like ArmA 2 and probably won't like 3, the entire thing was too clunky.

Don't forget to try out the dev branch with firing from vehicles, and an advanced helicopter flight model. (hotas recommended)

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

Watching lirik makes me wanna play, finally get a chance. I just dont understand the rules fully yet :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Then perhaps I've heard wrong (I'd heard that DayZ SA was basically using the arma 3 engine, or some elements from it or something, this was a while back), either way, I didn't like ArmA 2 and probably won't like 3, the entire thing was too clunky.

You continue to make assumptions based on your own ignorance...the whole point of the new engine in Arma3 was to make the "entire thing" less clunky and perform better, which they have succeeded.

The game looks better in every way compared to A2 and framerate in big towns for example has doubled if not more...

I really can't wrap my mind around you, how can you make decisions based upon "stuff you've heard" instead of actually investigating and checking it yourself?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Inb4 300% increase in Altis Life servers.

Be a man, play Battle Royale.

you just named 2 of the 3 shitty gamemodes that all the idiots play in arma... How about you go play something actually good like good scenarios?

What the F you talking about? Arma 3 engi e isn't similar to DayZ's. Learn the facts please.

What the F you talking about? Arma 3 engi e isn't similar to DayZ's. Learn the facts please.

I remember hearing Rocket talking about something to do with DayZ and the arma 3 engine, something about they took new ideas or processes or elements or something and integrated it into dayz. It was in their Devblog a while back

I remember hearing Rocket talking about something to do with DayZ and the arma 3 engine, something about they took new ideas or processes or elements or something and integrated it into dayz. It was in their Devblog a while back

And? It doesen't reflect Arma in any way. DayZ is in Alpha and arma 3 isn't.

I'm sorry but Arma 3 is even a bigger mess than Arma 2. Not saying it's a bad game, i love it, but it's run like complete crap.

I'm sorry but Arma 3 is even a bigger mess than Arma 2. Not saying it's a bad game, i love it, but it's run like complete crap.

Nice grammar.

You're saying it runs like complete crap but i see no mention of your system?

If anyone here wants to play some milsim style of ArmA III let me know.  Just look up 13thMAGTF.com This is a great game and can be played in many differnt styles. It never gets old with all the mods and user generated content. And this is NOT DayZ SA ......... and NOT Arma 2 ..... and yes its very CPU intensive. Its a simulator.

| Case:  NZXT H440 White| Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark I| CPU: Intel core i7 4770k | Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60  | Graphics Card: EVGA 780ti Classified| SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250gb and 500gb | HDD: WD Black 2tb| RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb| PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Monitor: LG 34UM95| Keyboard: Logitech G15 | Mouse: Razer Mamba| Audio: HyperX Cloud |

I'm getting about 25fps with an fx8350 and an r9 290 at 1080p.

welcome to arma 3

I usually get 45-60 FPS on a 780Ti  If you play something like Altis Life prepare to have poor FPS because it depends on the server, Battle Royal usually runs pretty good