Problems with Sleeping Dogs, getting abysmal fps. Can some one help?

I recently sold my Radeon HD 6670 and bought a GTX780. I have always been able to play sleeping dogs on medium settings with framerates around 50-60. When I upgraded to the 780, I though I would be able to move up to extreme like Geforce experience tells me to. My framerates are now terrible. In the benchmark I get maxes around 50, minimums around 10, and averages in the 20s. In game I get around 25 fps. Here's a screenshot:

http://s45.photobucket.com/user/pasandharmasena/media/Sleeping%20Dogs%20Benchmark/HKShip_2014_10_16_00_37_08_729_zps75dbf15a.jpg.html

I even turned the settings all the way down and got the same results. I can't think of a reason for this. I would understand these results if my card was getting maxed out but its temps and utilization are really low.

Sometimes when I exit the settings, the fps in the main menu drops too. I can hear it when the music stops and starts.

Can some one please help me figure out what's wrong? 

Extreme AA in sleeping dogs is SSAA which is overkill 4k rendering crap. Never turn that all the way up. But even then your fps should be about double that with all the settings at max.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

maybe the extreme anti aliasing?

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Actually guys I just figured out the reason. It's not anything to do with the game, its Afterburner's OSD. I ran the benchmark by accident without turning it on and like SeanBond said the fps was double what the screenshot showed. At first I thought it was because I was running steam offline. but it's definitely Afterburner. This is kind of troubling actually because I like to keep an eye on my temps when I play. What I don't get is that the gpu utilization and temps are still really low. Any thoughts/solutions?