Why does the USA not use a 3 pin plug?

asim1999

Always wondered why hey don't use one like us brits. They are way safer. And even though they may say that they have RCCBs in their mains and stuff: so do we!

Anyone have the answer?-

Thanks

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Always wondered why hey don't use one like us brits. They are way safer. And even though they may say that they have RCCBs in their mains and stuff: so do we!

Anyone have the answer?-

Thanks

its only safer for metal things.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

we do on higher wattage and newer equipment mostly bu i know what you are talking about as all plugs in uk have three oat us have 3 but a few older ones have 2

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

we should have one internationnal plug, that's all. It's annoying to have this kind of difference between countries.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Anyone have the answer?-

Thanks

most things that require over a few watts of electricity have 3 pins.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

we should have one internationnal plug, that's all. It's annoying to have this kind of difference between countries.

Good luck fixing that millennia old 'problem'.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

#Schukomasterrace

Goddamn world pls

#Schukomasterrace

^ This

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Europe!

european-vde-power-cords-d03-1275.jpg

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Europe!

european-vde-power-cords-d03-1275.jpg

Just to clarify for some people, this is still grounded even though it doesn't have a 3rd pin.

I've seen some people think that it isn't.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Just to clarify for some people, this is still grounded even though it doesn't have a 3rd pin.

I've seen some people think that it isn't.

Notice that metal thing between the pins and a little up(or bottom,depends on your point of you).

for the people that still think it's not grounded

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Europe!

--snip--

Another benefit of these plugs is that they are (mostly) plugged into very secure sockets that are 80-90% dust proof. 

And they are extremely easy to re-wire if the plug does break. Which is very rarely. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not sure what you are talking about...

Standard US 115v 15A outlet:

48e076f0_standard-us-power-outlet.jpeg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

--snip--

The design is pretty funny though.

It looks like a shocked face.. That you jam iron spikes into..

The design is pretty funny though.

It looks like a shocked face.. That you jam iron spikes into..

Lol I have always thought the same thing...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

-snip

I wish the old shitty house we live in had more of those, only about 3 in the house, the rest are the old 2 pin ones (don't worry, my pc is in a 3 pin)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wish the old shitty house we live in had more of those, only about 3 in the house, the rest are the old 2 pin ones (don't worry, my pc is in a 3 pin)

That's pretty old man. Do y'all have aluminum wiring in the house?

That's pretty old man. Do y'all have aluminum wiring in the house?

No idea. I hate it, it should be burnt to the ground and rebuilt.

No idea. I hate it, it should be burnt to the ground and rebuilt.

That might happen one day if you have aluminum wiring.

That might happen one day if you have aluminum wiring.

Oh....good to know...... It was built in the early 1900's I think.

Having a mix of 2 and 3 pin plugs is a pain in the arse. I've spent quite a bit of time in Switzerland where they have that and it's really annoying when you encounter a 2-hole wall socket and you need a 3 pin socket...

Everyone should just adopt the UK plugs, that way I'll never need adapters again!