Xbox Music Ending It's Free Music streaming December 1st.

GoodBytes

I know I am probably the only one on this forum with XBox Music, I guess people here don't listen to a lot of music to be interested in subscription model music, but I'll say it in any case.

xboxmusicweb1_1020.0_standard_1025.0.jpg

Microsoft is announcing that it will no longer offer Xbox Music for free with ads. It will be subscription based model only, reports The Verge. The free service will end December 1st, world wide. It will be paying only. This action is probably due to the high fees the company need to pay and the low ad revenue its been getting.

The service remains available at only 9.99$ per month with unlimited streaming AND download, or you can save a bit by getting a year subscription for 9.99$. Or you can monitor for specials, where you can get it for 50$ for a year or even 30$ on rare and limited quantity.

The company is only saying:

We are focusing Xbox Music to deliver the ultimate music purchase and subscription service experience for our customers.

The free service lunched 2 years with Windows 8. Before that, it was paying model only, and it was named Zune Music Pass. It was available in Canada in 2011.

Up to this day, people that were subscribed to the Zune Music Pass original plan, still continued that plan even thought it is long passed. The original plan was 15$ per month, but you get to buy, yours DRM free, 10 songs per month of your choosing. That was a a very interesting deal. Sadly, it was at a time where the service was U.S only.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/22/7043901/microsoft-is-ending-free-xbox-music-streaming

Aahhh, Microsoft. You try so much and fall just as hard.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

Basically they have decided to become a Spotify Competitor, only without what makes Spotify good, the free version with adverts (Until Spotify start using video ads) 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

I have it as well but i never got myself to use it but i feel like using it after i read this 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

They should add something like Spotify

You can use the service in your web browser, on all smart phones, and Zune MP3 player. And you have more songs than Zune. You have Radio feature. The only thing it doesn't have are pre-rendered mood/style playlists. Yea I would like that feature.

I tried Spotify recently, as it was made available in Canada, and I didn't really like it. I found it slow and unresponsive, the web site is too demanding, and the offline player kills your battery life as it does like Chrome, it sets the system timer to never allow the CPU to sleep, killing once again, your battery life.

I can guess that it's not that bad of a service, but I will happily stick to Google Play Music All Access, since it is near seamless between my Nexus 7, iPhone 5, Shield Portable, HTC One and my various computers.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use it everyday come on Microsoft REAAAALLLY I want to go and cry in a corner right now :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 
Crying-gifs-10112013-01.gif
Glee1.gif

You can use the service in your web browser, on all smart phones, and Zune MP3 player. And you have more songs than Zune. You have Radio feature. The only thing it doesn't have are pre-rendered mood/style playlists. Yea I would like that feature.

I tried Spotify recently, as it was made available in Canada, and I didn't really like it. I found it slow and unresponsive, the web site is too demanding, and the offline player kills your battery life as it does like Chrome, it sets the system timer to never allow the CPU to sleep, killing once again, your battery life.

This is exactly how I feel   :(
And I used the Metro App in Windows 8 which made it really easy to switch while gaming because you can literally just press the windows key to switch to Xbox music and just jump right back into the game or just snap it on my desktop.

RTX2070OC 

This is exactly how I feel   :(

And I used the Metro App in Windows 8 which made it really easy to switch while gaming because you can literally just press the windows key to switch to Xbox music and just jump right back into the game or just snap it on my desktop.

Well, you need to pay after.

Watch out for specials in December. I got 1 year for 50$.

i'm not gonna pay for this 

guess i stop using Xbox Music And Start using Rdio

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Of course, everyone gotta have their own silly music service to serve kids with mainstream and overplayed shit.

I like spotify because it actually has a windows application. Hate using websites for streaming music. They're all awful.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz