Help me, GTX980 SLI

PCMasterracer
Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,

so what do disable ? the rendering or ?

Change it to nvidia recommended setting in the nvidia control panel

4317c3057830ae15d7045c1da2b9c852.png

Dear forum,

I recently bought 2x Asus Nvidea GTX980's but I have a wierd problem with it..

I've got this problem on bf3-bf4..
When running ultra or low, I only get 30 fps... this can vary between 25-35..
I had some times that I had 200fps locked on 64metro on ultra (bf3) but things have changed now..

Can someone give me "A" solution about this or does anyone else had this problem?

Greeting,
Me

Dear forum,

I had some times that I had 200fps locked on 64metro on ultra (bf3) but things have changed now..

Can someone give me "A" solution about this or does anyone else had this problem?

Greeting,

Me

You have got the bridge on right? 

Everything set to multi-gpu in the settings? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

yup, I'm using the Asus bridge,
but still, 1 card should normaly get around 80+ right?

And ingame settings you mean? I honestly don't know how..
but if you mean nvidia-config yes, maxed 3D-performance and SLI-Rendering to Forced alternate frame rendering 2..

Dear forum,

Check in the Nvidia control panel you have not set up anything strange, perhaps try use geforce experiance to "optimize settings" and see if that changes anything?

Its possible that maybe you ave set up a 30fps V sync or something in settings somewhere

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Check in the Nvidia control panel you have not set up anything strange, perhaps try use geforce experiance to "optimize settings" and see if that changes anything?

Its possible that maybe you ave set up a 30fps V sync or something in settings somewhere

I've set everything to optimized but still nothing..

and V-Sync is off +monitor is 60Hz so that won't be a problem..

And @MightyUnit my Specs are http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yR9XhM

Dear forum,

Greeting,

Me

Not trying to ask a stupid question but maybe you accidentally plugged in your video cable into the motherboard? I've done it before without even realizing until I was lagging on games.

Not trying to ask a stupid question but maybe you accidentally plugged in your video cable into the motherboard? I've done it before without even realizing until I was lagging on games.

What do you mean with Video cable? the HDMI cable ? It's plugged in into the card itself ;)

yup, I'm using the Asus bridge,

but still, 1 card should normaly get around 80+ right?

And ingame settings you mean? I honestly don't know how..

but if you mean nvidia-config yes, maxed 3D-performance and SLI-Rendering to Forced alternate frame rendering 2..

There's your problem. Whenever i enabled that on my 660s they where always limited to 30fps. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I've set everything to optimized but still nothing..

and V-Sync is off +monitor is 60Hz so that won't be a problem..

Not V sync in the game, settings can be forced in Nvidia Control panel

And the monitor being 60hz does not mean you cannot confine the game to run at 30fps

Also

have you tried disabling SLI, or using different SLI Profiles?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There's your problem. Whenever i enabled that on my 660s they where always limited to 30fps. 

Change it to nvidia recommended setting in the nvidia control panel

4317c3057830ae15d7045c1da2b9c852.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Not V sync in the game, settings can be forced in Nvidia Control panel

And the monitor being 60hz does not mean you cannot confine the game to run at 30fps

Also

have you tried disabling SLI, or using different SLI Profiles?

you mean disabling the "3D maxed performance" ? 

may I ask, did you mess with this setting previously? I wonder why it was SLI-Rendering to Forced alternate frame rendering 2 ?

What do you mean with Video cable? the HDMI cable ? It's plugged in into the card itself ;)

Okay that's what I meant, I said video cable because I don't know if you're using HDMI, VGA, DVI, Display Port, etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay that's what I meant, I said video cable because I don't know if you're using HDMI, VGA, DVI, Display Port, etc.

Yea I'm currently using HDMI cause my monitor is 60Hz so, need to upgrade very soon..

may I ask, did you mess with this setting previously? I wonder why it was SLI-Rendering to Forced alternate frame rendering 2 ?

And yes I messed with it before, I saw a youtube video since it's my first time using a SLI set-up. and Youtube was a LIE !

Yes, please upgrade your monitor if you are using sli 980s. I was facepalming when i saw that other post that you were using a 60Hz monitor. 144Hz/DVI cable at least

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61