Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3X vs G1 gaming

promixer

Hello,

the price difference in these two grapich cards at us is 15€....so I am asking if its worth to give 15€ more? At the moment i ordered Windforce 3X edition, and I get mail that G1 gaming came to stock, so I can change them. But atm im thinking if its worth doing that?

You get 100MhZ more and backplate... with these i wont play games for 20% more FPS or something...

So please help me.

Thanks

Backplates are nice.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hello,

the price difference in these two grapich cards at us is 15€....so I am asking if its worth to give 15€ more? At the moment i ordered Windforce 3X edition, and I get mail that G1 gaming came to stock, so I can change them. But atm im thinking if its worth doing that?

You get 100MhZ more and backplate... with these i wont play games for 20% more FPS or something...

So please help me.

Thanks

Hey promixer,

Backplates are mostly for aesthetic purposes and also good for heat sinking and usually have a few holes for screws holding the heavier coolers (GPUs tend to work on very high temperatures and need heavy coolers). I don't believe you will notice something significant. You can check some benchmarks between the two on the internet. 

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

The G1's Gpu cores are cherry picked, this means the overclock will be higher than the Windforce. This is why the card has a premium price (apart of the backplate)

The backplate is actally useful in a card like the G1 because is f*cking huge and heavy. It's cherry picked, easily hitting 1550+Mhz, better cooling. If the diffeence between the G1 and the OC it's $20 or less get it.

The backplate is actally useful in a card like the G1 because is f*cking huge and heavy. It's cherry picked, easily hitting 1550+Mhz, better cooling. If the diffeence between the G1 and the OC it's $20 or less get it.

The weight is very important when it comes to big and powerful GPUs and plates add more to that. Sometimes the benefit of a great heatsink and better cooling is offset by the weight of the whole GPU and damaging the other parts and putting too much pressure on the MOBO. Be careful on how you mount big, heavy parts on the MOBO and what is left to just hang there.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

i have two, just waiting for my ram, then ill max my babys out and see how far they wanna go

Edit:2 G1 versions that is.

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

Hello,

So please help me.

Thanks

Well that depends on yourself, I got me the G1s and I find worth every cent I spent.

G1 Advantages

Light up LED shroud (the word "windforce" lights up)

Aluminum Back plate - looks better and helps to remove some extra heat

Overclocks a little better - I overclocked it a bit higher then my friend's windforce X3 and on stock voltage (I oced my G1 to 1600mhz on stock voltage)

G1 Disadvantages

Heavier then the Windforce X3 - more prone to sagging like boobies

more expensive - in singapore  the G1 goes for $615.00 and the X3 is $575.00

more heat putput  due to the higher overclocking - my max load is at 77 degrees at some times

Higher power useage

i have two, just waiting for my ram, then ill max my babys out and see how far they wanna go

Edit:2 G1 versions that is.

let me know what you get on stock voltage, my friends say I'm very lucky to hit 1600mhz on stock

Well that depends on yourself, I got me the G1s and I find worth every cent I spent.

G1 Advantages

Light up LED shroud (the word "windforce" lights up)

Aluminum Back plate - looks better and helps to remove some extra heat

Overclocks a little better - I overclocked it a bit higher then my friend's windforce X3 and on stock voltage (I oced my G1 to 1600mhz on stock voltage)

G1 Disadvantages

Heavier then the Windforce X3 - more prone to sagging like boobies

more expensive - in singapore  the G1 goes for $615.00 and the X3 is $575.00

more heat putput  due to the higher overclocking - my max load is at 77 degrees at some times

Higher power useage

haha boobies

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

haha boobies

believe me when you see a 70 year old woman with saggy boobies in a bikini you'd never forget it .....

let me know what you get on stock voltage, my friends say I'm very lucky to hit 1600mhz on stock

I will! Im not expecting more than 1500-1550, but who knows? :)

Cpu: Intel i7-5930k Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme Ram: G.skill Ripjaws 4 4x4gb 2666mhz Gpu: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming 
PSU: Evga Supernova G2 850W Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512gb Case: Phanteks P400S CPUcooler: Corsair H110 OS: Win 8.1

believe me when you see a 70 year old woman with saggy boobies in a bikini you'd never forget it .....

leave my mom out of this

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The Windforce OC is actually very light and doesnt sag at all.

Linus is my fetish.