Just bought a new mouse with 13 programmable buttons. Too bad none of them work

MarQue98
Go to solution Solved by MarQue98,

FIXED!

i don't know what the problem was, so i'll tell you what i did.

i found out that there was an old receiver for a Bluetooth mouse in one of my rear usb ports, so i shut off my pc, took out all of the i/o i didn't need, and turned the pc back on.

then i uninstalled the cyborg software, and re-installed the driver, which then gave me a popup with "this driver isn't correctly installed, do you want to install it again?"

so i did, then i downloaded and re-installed the cyborg software, and now it works just fine :)

i can't say what the solution was, so there's nobody to honor, and so therefor i want to thank you all for the comments,

What's happening people,

Yesterday my new gaming mouse arrived! :D I bought myself a MadCatz MMO 7, because i really like the adjust-ability and the way the buttons are layed out.
After adjusting it to fit my liking, i plugged that badboy into the pc, downloaded drivers and software and wanted to start programming those awesome macro's.
And that's when i discovered it didn't work all that well. I mostly play LoL, so i wanted to map the abilities to the 5d button, but that didn't work. here's what i tried:
In the mmo 7 software, I simply selected the up-button on the 5d, create a new macro (i also tried "create a new keypress", and advanced macro's) and simply pressed "1" on my keyboard.

Then i pressed left-button on the 5D, and assigned "2", and so on and so forth.

Once everything was ok, i went in-game, finding that none of those macro's worked. I went to settings, keybindings, items, pressed the remapping option, so you get the "press the button you want to map this function to"-popup. I pressed the 5D button, nothing happened, so i tried all the other buttons, which gave the same result (except for the main mouse buttons of course).

So that's where i'm at now. I've looked up on the internet, but except for 3 videos in deutch, french, and danish (i speak neither of those), i didn't find anything, so i guess this is not MadCatz fault and the problem lies with me.

I hope someone has an idea of what i'm doing wrong. If you need more info of what i mean or what i've tried, don't hesitate to ask, i'd welcome any help :)
Thanks in advance guys, i hope i can be as proud of my mouse as you all are with your support :)

p.s. I've also tried the pre-made profiles, which also don't work :/

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

There's no way to simply change the key-bind instead of a macro? Or is that what you mean by macro

Open notepad and check if the keypresses are working, i.e. press a macro button and see if 1/2/etc. is typed out.

If that works, check another game. Any game that has singleplayer, really. I don't know if this is accurate with League of Legends but there are some games that do not register input from keys that aren't Mouse 1/2 (left/right click), 3 (mouse wheel/center button), and 4/5 (side buttons primary). It has to do with anti-cheat software or something and I can't name a game that is against macros in this way - most just ban you for using them if it's against the rules/ToS - but it can exist easily.

I will say that I play DotA 2 and I had thought I remembered a moba or moba-like game that disallowed macro keys. It's not DotA, but I also remember people picking up Razer Nagas for LoL (pretty sure there's mice that are branded as "LoL/MOBA" as well..).

I'll keep looking but worst case scenario is you ask for a replacement.

Alright. Check your programs list for old mouse drivers and remove them. If you're on Windows 7, go to Windows Update and check for updates. Look for anything that says "Microsoft .NET framework update" or something like that and install them. You may also have to search for older .NET frameworks on the Microsoft website and install them but I'm not sure. We can try that later if need be.

Reinstall the madcatz drivers after doing/checking all of that. Set up your profile properly and try again. We'll see where all that I posted gets you.

There's no way to simply change the key-bind instead of a macro? Or is that what you mean by macro

o i thought that macro = keybinding.. my bad.. anyways i mean "instead of pressing "4" on the keyboard, pressing a button on the mouse that will act as 4 was pressed" like pressing a mouses button to reload in shooters, for example

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

yes you should key bind not macro. anyway madcatz sensor and software is awful

everyone keeps saying that the sensor is a piece of garbage, but mine works fine just on my motherboard tray, which is just a plate of wood with no coating what so ever :P

Alright. Check your programs list for old mouse drivers and remove them. If you're on Windows 7, go to Windows Update and check for updates. Look for anything that says "Microsoft .NET framework update" or something like that and install them. You may also have to search for older .NET frameworks on the Microsoft website and install them but I'm not sure. We can try that later if need be.

Reinstall the madcatz drivers after doing/checking all of that. Set up your profile properly and try again. We'll see where all that I posted gets you.

damn, you're really putting time into this, so let me start of by saying a big thank you! :D

I did have one other mouse driver installed, probably from my old mouse. I uninstalled that one.

the extra buttons don't work yet, but a lightbulb did turn on.

my old mouse had (ofcourse) two main buttons, a scroll wheel with click function, and also 2 buttons on the side to navigate in the browser.

those are also the only buttons that work on my new mouse. 

so i'm going to restart my pc now, cross my fingers, and see what it does.

btw there were no windows updates, and i also tried BattleField 3, key-binding didn't do anything there either

alright, you'll hear from me in a minute

ok the reboot did nothing, and i found something strange (i think it is, im not a microsoft expert :P)

so the driver i just uninstalled is back, both in the driver list as in the control Panel\Mouse\Hardware list..

screenshot:

post-81583-0-49183100-1414069896_thumb.p

FIXED!

i don't know what the problem was, so i'll tell you what i did.

i found out that there was an old receiver for a Bluetooth mouse in one of my rear usb ports, so i shut off my pc, took out all of the i/o i didn't need, and turned the pc back on.

then i uninstalled the cyborg software, and re-installed the driver, which then gave me a popup with "this driver isn't correctly installed, do you want to install it again?"

so i did, then i downloaded and re-installed the cyborg software, and now it works just fine :)

i can't say what the solution was, so there's nobody to honor, and so therefor i want to thank you all for the comments,