Battlefield 4 loading very slow (5-10min)

AlmondNoTitties
Go to solution Solved by kreft010,

I'm fairly sure it's called Repair Install, you'll just need to click on the game and select that. *AFAIK* I haven't used Origin in a while now. 

Yep. Start Origin Client -> Library -> click right on a game -> repair install

FIFA13.png

Which browser are you using to start a game? I recently had a lot of problems with starting a game using google chrome. Had a lot of crashes and such. With IE worked it smoothly. It's a long shot but it might work.

Hey guys,

Just bought BF4 and the first thing i did was to pop in the multiplayer. Little i knew it would take so long to load (still loading at the time of the creation of the post). Is it because its on my HDD and not SSD? The reason for it being on HDD is because i got Titanfall as well and it would take too much space all together on the SSD as i only have 160 gb free space. What should i do to increase the loading speeds?

BF4 takes an awfully long time to load maps, but I've never experienced 5+ minute loading times. 

I'm unsure as to what might be the problem because it is a new HDD. 

There should be a cache verification feature with Origin, try that and see if there are any missing files just to eliminate that possibility. 

Edit:

What CPU and HDD do you have?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

...get another SSD??? Seriously there is not much you CAN do besides that. Sorry.

A faster CPU helps. But that's not that great of a deal especially considering you already have a very powerful CPU. So yeah....

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Sadly it's not your PC that's the problem. BF4 always takes forever to load. Plus if you have a slow(ish) internet connection it's just going to make it 100x worse.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

Its because the hard drive loads the map slower. It loads faster on a SSD.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

BF4 takes an awfully long time to load maps, but I've never experienced 5+ minute loading times. 

I'm unsure as to what might be the problem because it is a new HDD. 

There should be a cache verification feature with Origin, try that and see if there are any missing files just to eliminate that possibility. 

Yeah its been loading for the past 10 minutes and i need to sort this out. Gonna decide to not play the game if the loading times are higher than 1-2 min :/

...get another SSD??? Seriously there is not much you CAN do besides that. Sorry.

A faster CPU helps. But that's not that great of a deal especially considering you already have a very powerful CPU. So yeah....

Its kinda sad that i would need to get another SSD because i game cannot load by itself and takes longer than 10 min....

Titanfall loads within seconds, so is there anyway of me moving Battlefield 4 to my SSD and leaving Titanfall on my HDD?

Yeah its been loading for the past 10 minutes and i need to sort this out. Gonna decide to not play the game if the loading times are higher than 1-2 min :/

I edited my post before, what CPU and HDD do you have?

I'd expect that 10+ min loading times with a dual/single core CPU, but any recent CPU shouldn't take so long as to load a BF4 map.

Titanfall loads within seconds, so is there anyway of me moving Battlefield 4 to my SSD and leaving Titanfall on my HDD?

In that case it'd have to be your HDD/game files, try just moving the two and see if there is any decrease/change in loading time. 

I have i5 4690k and atm i have my old WD 1tb HDD 7200 rppm.

There shouldn't be any extended loading times then, try verifying the cache files. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

I'd expect that 10+ min loading times with a dual/single core CPU, but any recent CPU shouldn't take so long as to load a BF4 map.

I have i5 4690k and atm i have my old WD 1tb HDD 7200 rppm.

In that case it'd have to be your HDD/game files, try just moving the two and see if there is any decrease/change in loading time. 

Would i need to move the whole origin folder then? I mean i still have free space on my ssd but not really keen on filling it up with a 55gb game like titanfall that has no loading problems :/

Would i need to move the whole origin folder then? I mean i still have free space on my ssd but not really keen on filling it up with a 55gb game like titanfall that has no loading problems :/

First try verifying BF4's game cache files, see if that makes any difference. 

I really have nothing other than that and moving BF4 to the SSD. Though having a WD Black as the HDD should testify that it isn't the cause of the long loading times. 

First try verifying BF4's game cache files, see if that makes any difference. 

I really have nothing other than that and moving BF4 to the SSD. Though having a WD Black as the HDD should testify that it isn't the cause of the long loading times. 

Do i do it on their website or in the Origin launcher, if you could direct me it would be great (to verifying game cache files ofc)

Do i do it on their website or in the Origin launcher, if you could direct me it would be great (to verifying game cache files ofc)

I'm fairly sure it's called Repair Install, you'll just need to click on the game and select that. *AFAIK* I haven't used Origin in a while now. 

FIFA13.png

Which browser are you using to start a game? I recently had a lot of problems with starting a game using google chrome. Had a lot of crashes and such. With IE worked it smoothly. It's a long shot but it might work.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

Hey, I had kind of the same problem.

1. Does your lodingscreen look like it's 30 fps, because if not goto 2.

2. Try starting BF4 in x86 by changing the setting in Origin found under Game Properties (right click on BF4)

Try leaving and joining again or join a different server. Battlefield servers always take forever to load

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

-snips for days-

Yah, had to do that with BF3 once. 

It's the equivalent of Steam's verifying game cache files. 

FIFA13.png

Yup im using Google chrome. Thanks for the directions and surely ill try out IE.

Hey, I had kind of the same problem.

1. Does your lodingscreen look like it's 30 fps, because if not goto 2.

2. Try starting BF4 in x86 by changing the setting in Origin found under Game Properties (right click on BF4)

Will try this as well, nr 1 doesnt apply to me so ill go to nr 2