Should I be worried?

DarkEnergy
Go to solution Solved by DarkEnergy,

I am honestly not the person to ask try rebooting and then running disk cleanup again maybe its just a glitch

Do you have any steam games?

If so, try running steam cleaner. A lot of times when steam runs first time setups, they'll reinstall packages you probably already have (think: directX). MS might be detected the duplicate packages as the extra 100GB, which is why I thought I'd mention it.

(link)

Steam Cleaner?

Do you have CCLeaner installed? It's a great utility that I always run after installing games or large programs. Give it a try and post back with results later?

Umm, for it to be such a even 100GB I would suggest that it might be iTune's cache folder, or any kind of converter/transferring program.

did you check the source of the 100gb? i got a bug from NVIDIA on their updates that stole 50gb of my storage, i knew because i checked each folder to see what's eating up my "FORMATTED C: Drive" it was a temporary file worth 50gb of nothing! when i try to delete it, it was still in use by Nvidia's uninstaller program therefore how i knew it was Nvidia :P

It looks like it was just a bug. Even after restart it said 100gb but I told it to cleanup and it removed 23gb not 100gb. 

I usually use disk cleaner once a month to clean old files and junk that isn't used. However this time I checked worries me....100gb of free space to remove???

KPTFBRk.png

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

it could be old windows updates that it has already installed or stuff like that its microsofts utility i wouldnt worry about it 

But it logically doesn't make sense. My OS drive is 250gb and I have been pretty much maxing it out lately with installing things and stuff. I've never seen it this high. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

If so, try running steam cleaner. A lot of times when steam runs first time setups, they'll reinstall packages you probably already have (think: directX). MS might be detected the duplicate packages as the extra 100GB, which is why I thought I'd mention it.

(link)

//ccap

download "windirstat" and see whats taking up space

Well, in my temp folder in roaming, it is taking up 18gb. That's the only big thing like that. Other stuff is steam and music. Could it be from the fact that I backup windows on another drive and its taking that drive into account when it comes to temp files to delete?

(link)

Steam only uses 50gb. Its worth a shot though, I can try tomorrow. When I have time.

I am honestly not the person to ask try rebooting and then running disk cleanup again maybe its just a glitch

Doing a virus scan ATM. That will take a bit. I can try tomorrow. Thanks.

If so, try running steam cleaner.

Steam Cleaner?

post-14986-0-93531400-1414037481.jpg

:P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Is your SSD your boot drive? You may have some stuff stuck in your Recycle Bin

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Is your SSD your boot drive? You may have some stuff stuck in your Recycle Bin

It is listing the 'Temporary Files' as 100GB FYI.

Steam Cleaner?

badpun.jpg

:P

*sigh*

//ccap

*sigh*

Twas too tempting to pass up such an opportunity. :D

Doing a virus scan ATM. That will take a bit. I can try tomorrow. Thanks.

Do you have CCLeaner installed? It's a great utility that I always run after installing games or large programs. Give it a try and post back with results later?

I think you quoted the wrong person. But just in case you're wondering, I do have CCleaner, OKA (otherwise known as) Crap Cleaner, and I haven't used it for quite a while. ;)

I think you quoted the wrong person. But just in case you're wondering, I do have CCleaner, OKA (otherwise known as) Crap Cleaner, and I haven't used it for quite a while. ;)

I did lol sorry. I fixed OP

Umm, for it to be such a even 100GB I would suggest that it might be iTune's cache folder, or any kind of converter/transferring program.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

did you check the source of the 100gb? i got a bug from NVIDIA on their updates that stole 50gb of my storage, i knew because i checked each folder to see what's eating up my "FORMATTED C: Drive" it was a temporary file worth 50gb of nothing! when i try to delete it, it was still in use by Nvidia's uninstaller program therefore how i knew it was Nvidia :P

(link)

Steam Cleaner?

It looks like it was just a bug. Even after restart it said 100gb but I told it to cleanup and it removed 23gb not 100gb.