Around CAD~$2000 Gaming Build (orange scheme)

After researching, I have finally made a planned build. I just want to hear what you guys have to say about this. This is for my everyday gaming use. I live in Canada so prices are a bit higher. I have a budget around CAD $2000

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/FronTLinE/saved/fcnypg

Reasons:

CPU : I went with the i7-4790k because not only for gaming, I use video editing for one of my school courses. I am also planning to overclock it to boost the performance

CPU Cooler: I chose the NZXT Kraken x61 because It would go well with the NZXT H440 case with that 280mm rad and It looks nice with the LED.

Motherboard: I chose this to keep my color scheme. It also has built-in HD audio.

Memory : Again, i chose this purely for the cosmetic. I went with the G.skill ares dual channel 16gb ddr3-1600 ram.

Storage : SSD for operating system and for my main games and a 2TB HDD for mass storage

GPU : A friend recommended this for me because he said it's quieter and has good cooling with the direct copper pipes.

Case : I just love this case. The simplicity got me.

Power Supply : I got the EVGA 750w 80+ gold certified PSU for future upgrades :?

Monitor : I currently don't know which one to get. Any suggestions for a good monitor for <$150 or <$200?

Monitor : I currently don't know which one to get. Any suggestions for a good monitor for <$150 or <$200?

Asus VS247H-P

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($349.89 @ DirectCanada) 

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_OR 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($108.63 @ Newegg Canada) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($179.95 @ Vuugo) 

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($180.48 @ Newegg Canada) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($115.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ DirectCanada) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($396.95 @ Vuugo) 

Case: NZXT H440 (Orange/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($144.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM) (64-bit)  ($146.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Canada Computers) 

Case Fan: LEPA Vortex 12 PWM 63.9 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($0.99 @ NCIX) 

Headphones: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headset  (Purchased For $0.00) 

Total: $2061.66

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 23:58 EDT-0400

Went with a nice Orange aircooler. I ditched the Orange LED fans and got normal 120mm fans for the roof now there is no water cooler. Rather than rely on the lights of the fans, I would recommend you get an LED Strip or 2, in either orange or white, or both. Changed the SSD to something more economical. Cheaper PSU from the same brand, but still gold rated. Changed the monitor to something good but relatively inexpensive until you get an nice G-Sync monitor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($349.89 @ DirectCanada) 
CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE_OR 78.1 CFM CPU Cooler  ($108.63 @ Newegg Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($179.95 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($180.48 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($115.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($84.89 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 970 4GB STRIX Video Card  ($396.95 @ Vuugo) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Orange/Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($144.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (OEM) (64-bit)  ($146.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  ($139.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Headphones: SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headset  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $2061.66
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-10-22 23:58 EDT-0400

Went with a nice Orange aircooler. I ditched the Orange LED fans and got normal 120mm fans for the roof now there is no water cooler. Rather than rely on the lights of the fans, I would recommend you get an LED Strip or 2, in either orange or white, or both. Changed the SSD to something more economical. Cheaper PSU from the same brand, but still gold rated. Changed the monitor to something good but relatively inexpensive until you get an nice G-Sync monitor.

The build was fine the way it was, this isn't really necessary 

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

$140 off.

Yes, however his was better quality

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Yes, however his was better quality

That only thing that was changed of significance was the CPU cooler. Neither of them lack quality. The only real difference is the new one will probably be quieter.

I just want to point out that the H440 case doesn't have that much open vents for having an air cooled setup. That's why i went for liquid cooling for the CPU instead of air.

What do you mean by "more economical SSD"? and Thanks for the reccomendation of the monitor!

What do you mean by "more economical SSD"?

6gb more and $15 less!

The MX100 is a great SSD, and doesn't have issues like the 840 Evo has been recently.

I just want to point out that the H440 case doesn't have that much open vents for having an air cooled setup. That's why i went for liquid cooling for the CPU instead of air.

The air vents the case has are the same vents that surely must feed the radiator to cool the CPU? I wouldn't get caught up in thinking the H440 is liquid cooling friendly only. The restricted vents for intakes and roof exhaust are primarily there to keep it nice and quiet. If you ramp up the fan speeds, it'll do what any case does for airflow. But you want a quiet case no doubt, why else would you have chosen it? The X61 isn't going to be quieter than the Phanteks, most AIO's have somewhat noisy pumps as well as fan noise. Turn the fans down, and normally you can hear the pump still. An air cooler only has it's fans, if you make them quiet your whole PC will be quiet.

Food for thought.

The air vents the case has are the same vents that surely must feed the radiator to cool the CPU? I wouldn't get caught up in thinking the H440 is liquid cooling friendly only. The restricted vents for intakes and roof exhaust are primarily there to keep it nice and quiet. If you ramp up the fan speeds, it'll do what any case does for airflow. But you want a quiet case no doubt, why else would you have chosen it? The X61 isn't going to be quieter than the Phanteks, most AIO's have somewhat noisy pumps as well as fan noise. Turn the fans down, and normally you can hear the pump still. An air cooler only has it's fans, if you make them quiet your whole PC will be quiet.

Food for thought.

You're right. but I will take my time to think about this and thanks for the useful information!

Nice build. What do you know about that Ducky board? Looks intriguing to me.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

BTW, DW's system sucks just by downgrading the PSU. The G2 is far superior to the NEX.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Nice build. What do you know about that Ducky board? Looks intriguing to me.

My friend has another model of the Ducky keyboard and they feel really nice. The layout is good and simple, just the way i like it. 

I've ordered it. I'll let you know what it's like.

It finally came in and it's great! I really like the browns. Way better than the clickly blues. Solid construction! Decent layout. I'm still getting used to it. It looks fantastic with the rest of my system. It was a great choice. If you haven't ordered it already I would keep your eye out. I think that this one is going to go out of production for the Ducky Shine 4. Just a guess tho.