Google unveils “Inbox” as combined toolset for mail, calendars, tasks

Samfisher

Source : http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/10/google-unveils-inbox-as-combined-toolset-for-mail-calendars-tasks/

"Inbox is by the same people who brought you Gmail, but it’s not Gmail: it’s a completely different type of inbox, designed to focus on what really matters," Android SVP Sundar Pichai wrote at Google's official blog.

inbox-nexus6-500.png

Inbox will automatically pick through message content to find dates and times to build tasks, or if a user makes their own to-do note, Inbox will try to fill it in with "assists" like phone numbers or hours of operation. Want to put something off? Inbox also comes with a "snooze" feature that can remind you about a message or task either at a certain time (sometimes propagated by the e-mail itself) or when you return to a certain location.

Thoughts?  More data mining, but only if you allow it, and if you actually use this new "Inbox" thing.  I don't see a point though, since my personal GMail account is rarely ever used to send or receive any scheduling activities.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Thoughts?  More data mining

they don't need a new app or page for that, this just makes your email a full blown agenda in one package, which tbh sounds fantastic for a productivity point of view

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm a regular user of Google services and this looks interesting...

Why make it look like facebook (at first glance) though?

they don't need a new app or page for that, this just makes your email a full blown agenda in one package, which tbh sounds fantastic for a productivity point of view

But this specifically reads it and actually uses the exact data in your email and puts it in the calendar.  I guess it's not that much different than what they are doing with Gmail though.  I still don't really see the point in this, they could have just set it as an optional setting in Gmail if anything.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

But this specifically reads it and actually uses the exact data in your email and puts it in the calendar.  I guess it's not that much different than what they are doing with Gmail though.  I still don't really see the point in this, they could have just set it as an optional setting in Gmail if anything.

They already do all of that anyway (assuming you allow it - I do), these things pop up on Google Now (having found and scheduled them in your email) when it's time. This app just consolidates things and gives you more control about your own schedule as well as just serving as a regular e-mail app. I think it looks great, personally.

Hope this doesn't become a screw up.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Anyone have Invite??????

Anyone who gets an invite from google will not get invites to give out until friday.

EDIT: nvm found the source. It's if you get an invite from a friend you own't get invites until friday. If you get one from google you get three invites instantly

source:https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/nCtyOEbZHh8/vxMeQSj75XUJ