Alleged reason for nvidia samsung lawsuit from a samsung regional manager

spartaman64
I did a live chat with a Samsung regional manager. The point is he brought up an interesting claim. 
Paraphrased:   He stated that the reason why Nvidia is suing Samsung is because Samsung is working with AMD to shrink their CPU nodes. That will help them compete with Intel and earn profits off the CPU market. 
Nvidia, being a competitor, didn't want AMD to have that advantage. Essentially, the lawsuit was to be a bargaining tool as an attempt to end the AMD and Samsung cooperation.
This seems like a wild claim to me, what do you think?

Edit: to further iterate i do not think that this is true and the source of this the samsung regional manager obviously has bias

Edit2: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/269568-nvidia-you-want-a-piece-of-this-amd-that-piece-may-already-be-mine-patent-war-reigniting/ seems like amd is going to be firing shots also in the patient war between nvidia and samsung this makes the manager's point more solid

wat

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Interesting...

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

ikr this is too crazy to be true right?

no i meant it makes no sense what you said.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Replace 'Nvidia' with 'Apple'

Watch the post count rise.

no i meant it makes no sense what you said.

nvidia is filing the lawsuit because samsung is helping amd is the claim

And you just so happen to not have taken a screenshot?

I call BS, even if the Samsung employee said so.

And you just so happen to not have taken a screenshot?

I call BS, even if the Samsung employee said so.

i was troubleshooting some problems with my phone and i just randomly brought it up so i didnt think to document sorry

i was troubleshooting some problems with my phone and i just randomly brought it up so i didnt think to document sorry

Sorry. Not trying to be a dick, but I don't believe you - and I doubt a Samsung employee would release information like that. How do we even know it was an actual Samsung employee and not an outsourced tech support call center?

Something else that doesn't make sense in that claim is it's about a CPU shrink. Nvidia does not make desktop or laptop CPU's, they make video cards and mobile APU's for tablets and phones. Why would Nvidia sue on behalf of Intel?

Sorry. Not trying to be a dick, but I don't believe you - and I doubt a Samsung employee would release information like that. How do we even know it was an actual Samsung employee and not an outsourced tech support call center?

Something else that doesn't make sense in that claim is it's about a CPU shrink. Nvidia does not make desktop or laptop CPU's, they make video cards and mobile APU's for tablets and phones. Why would Nvidia sue on behalf of Intel?

the live chat was from the samsung webpage and i dont believe him either

that doesn't fucking make sense at all, why the fuck nvidia sue samsung because amd is partnering with them to produce their cpu, if it was their gpu's that could have some sense to it but this, i'm sorry but i don't believe it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. If it had to do with a CPU design infringement, Intel would be suing if they couldn't come to an agreement outside of court.

The other thing that baffles me if the Samsung employee said this, is the part "Nvidia only being a gpu company didn't want amd to have that advantage so the lawsuit was to be an bargaining tool as an attempt to end amd samsung cooperation."  That part makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would Nvidia care if AMD made money in the CPU market??

Yeah, I don't know about that. For all I know, it could be just some fucking redirect call center all the way in the middle of fucking India with uneducated Indians giving random bullshit.

sorry for the racist joke.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. If it had to do with a CPU design infringement, Intel would be suing if they couldn't come to an agreement outside of court.

The other thing that baffles me if the Samsung employee said this, is the part "Nvidia only being a gpu company didn't want amd to have that advantage so the lawsuit was to be an bargaining tool as an attempt to end amd samsung cooperation."  That part makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would Nvidia care if AMD made money in the CPU market??

well i think it would be "the less money amd makes the better nvidia will do in the gpu market" thats what i see in that sentence

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Replace 'Nvidia' with 'Apple'

Watch the post count rise.

Lol, just realized, Apple be suing everyone because they all use AMD GPUS.. 

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

Yeah, I don't know about that. For all I know, it could be just some fucking redirect call center all the way in the middle of fucking India with uneducated Indians giving random bullshit.

sorry for the racist joke.

samsung could be doing that but Lloyd Taylor does not seem indian

• 4 weeks later...
I did a live chat with a Samsung regional manager. The point is he brought up an interesting claim. 

Paraphrased: He stated that the reason why Nvidia is suing Samsung is because Samsung is working with AMD to shrink their CPU nodes. That will help them compete with Intel and earn profits off the CPU market. 
Nvidia, being a GPU company, didn't want AMD to have that advantage. Essentially, the lawsuit was to be a bargaining tool as an attempt to end the AMD and Samsung cooperation.
This seems like a wild claim to me, what do you think?

Edit: to further iterate i do not think that this is true and the source of this the samsung regional manager obviously has bias

I'll do some research on this. :)

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

• 4 weeks later...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/269568-nvidia-you-want-a-piece-of-this-amd-that-piece-may-already-be-mine-patent-war-reigniting/ although he still havent replyed to my email i think this is a good case for what he said actually might be true because it seems like amd is trying to help out samsung in the patent war

Pics or it didn't happen

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Pics or it didn't happen

i emailed him still waiting for reply