What's your Grandparents using for a computer?

Mac

nvidia did integrated graphics on old mobos i guess your too young to remember that

What are you, 11?

CPUs didn't have integrated graphics until Intel's Clarkdale "Aka Clark-bar" cpus. That wasn't that long ago. Before that, everything was on the motherboard, including the onboard graphics. You could get an Intel with ATi integrated or an AMD with Nvidia integrated. Nvidia made chipsets too. 

Damn youngin's... think you know so much.

I am in fact not "old", but far from 11. 

I was unaware of integrated GPUs on the motherboard itself. 

But still, I was trying to be humorous by asking about an AMD iGPU in an Intel CPU, because, well, they're opposing companies and such a thing would never exist. 

No shit Sherlock. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

custom Pentium 2 System

Works good still, snapt enough for what it is.

One of the 2 capacitors on the videocard popped long ago, still works good tho ;) (vood00) card

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

The height of modern tech they use is a TV remote.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I think my grandma uses an iMac  :wacko:

My grandma uses an old dell desktop and my grandpa uses a really old dell laptop

Grandparents on my dad's side are using a core2duo mac mini. We also got my grandpa a Nexus 7 for his b-day

My grandmother on my mom's side is currently staying at my uncle's place. They're huge Apple guys so she has an iPad w/ retina display. She's gonna be upgraded to the Air 2 though cause her current one is "old" and "slow"

.... That moment when you're jealous of your grandmom's devices  :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

my grandparrents tried using computers........

and they would have kept trying.

if it werent for it being MY computer and that they didnt know truth from ''security shield protect your computer FASSTER AND SHIT CAUSE WE'RE LEGIT''

sooo..... a house phone.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Me in 50 years

There have been many wars that have rocked the face of Earth, Many have heard of WWI, WWII, The Cold War, The Vietnam War and the Iraq War. But there has been a war that only a handful of humans know.....AMD vs Intel. It all started in 1985 when Intel released the first 32bit processor, the Intel 386. This war has been raging on for decades and Intel and AMD are still at each others throats. Fanboys have been ruthlessly killed, motherboards have been short circuited and most gruesome of all... CPU pins have been bent. Stop this war before it is too late. #STOPTHISWAR

well my grandad uses some rubbish £200 PC that has a 3.2Ghz celeron, a 500GB HDD and 4GB RAM with Windows 7. he has some 8 year old AMD desktop as well that he never uses. Am gonna give him my HD 5450 (basically new, used it until my 980 arrived) so he can hook his pc upto his HDTV. Grandma doesnt really use his PC cos she likes to watch a lot of TV.

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Acer Aspire V7.. Touchscreen with an 750M. what do they use it for? fucking spider solitaire and facebook games. hell i could run my games there. only the internet that sucks, 100kbps zzz

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Medion Akoya.

It's a massive 18.4 inch laptop with an i3 350m and an ATI mobility radeon 5165 in it. She bought it in an Aldi store.

No, I've never heard of a 5165 either.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

My grampa uses a shitty (extremely cheap) android tablet, but he's 83 so that's more than enough for him xD

they dont have one

Me in 50 years

i will still have my 2550K in 50years if intel keep this up :P

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Some Tower with Ubuntu on it, a nexus 7 2013, and a laptop they bought a few months back.

Grandma has a Kindle also, and we got Grandpa a Chromecast for his Birthday.

Grandpa is really into his tech, every visit is another question of how to do something or if it was worth him getting X.

Both are in there 80s.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

They are six feet under, so they don't need to use anything. 

Failure is not an option!

My Grandma has some Dell Inspiron desktop running Vista and my old cheap laptop from like 2009 that originally ran Vista but was later upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate.

My grandpa doesn't use computers. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

What a question xD. My grandpa #1 is using some asus laptop, my grandma doesnt have one, my other grandma had a win98 computer before she got into health care and my other grandpa is dead :-/

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Grandpa 1 is running some crazy gaming machine

Grandma 1 is running a custom built basic computer

Grandpa 2 is running my old dell

Grandma 2 has a MacBook Pro/ Surface

Grandpa 1 is running some crazy gaming machine

Grandma 1 is running a custom built basic computer

Grandpa 2 is running my old dell

Grandma 2 has a MacBook Pro/ Surface

i would harverst from grandma 1 while shes in water polo class looooool