I can guarantee you I have the slowest internet on the forum

JoshK

Get this: http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/home-services.html

Sounds like you are near Omaha, so I'm pretty sure you will get service.

I also live in rural Nebraska (corn fields on three sides):

3852484067.png

I see you have charter?  We checked into them too, same with Jag Wireless, cant get them either. We also checked into the Verizon internet, we would be going over and with them you have to pay when you go over your usage.

WHAT THE ACTUAL F IS THAT SPEED 

yup i have god internet

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

WHAT THE ACTUAL F IS THAT SPEED 

and thats on wifi

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

I see you have charter?  We checked into them too, same with Jag Wireless, cant get them either. 

why not?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

why not?

Because in order to get wireless internet via a cell tower the conditions have to be perfect because the signal has to be a straight shot, the issue with where we live and can get wireless is because there are trees in the way and the other closest tower is fine, but we live above it so the signal barely reaches and it is close but we dont pick up the signal.

damn, with internet that slow, it must have taken a day to post this thread.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I see you have charter?  We checked into them too, same with Jag Wireless, cant get them either. We also checked into the Verizon internet, we would be going over and with them you have to pay when you go over your usage.

Yep, Charter, I know they aren't very big in the western part of Nebraska. I've never even heard of Jag Wireless until now, but the Verizon thing is a pretty good deal for people who cannot get internet from anywhere else, bandwidth caps are the only issue.

Have you tried Great Plains Communications? They are rolling out fiber all over the place...

Because in order to get wireless internet via a cell tower the conditions have to be perfect because the signal has to be a straight shot, the issue with where we live and can get wireless is because there are trees in the way and the other closest tower is fine, but we live above it so the signal barely reaches and it is close but we dont pick up the signal.

Do you have a Verizon cell phone? If so, if you get decent signal on there it will be even better with the home internet as its a larger antenna.

how just how 

optimum man ts f*@%$ awesome

Yep, Charter, I know they aren't very big in the western part of Nebraska. I've never even heard of Jag Wireless until now, but the Verizon thing is a pretty good deal for people who cannot get internet from anywhere else, bandwidth caps are the only issue.

Have you tried Great Plains Communications? They are rolling out fiber all over the place...

Do you have a Verizon cell phone? If so, if you get decent signal on there it will be even better with the home internet as its a larger antenna.

Yep we have verizon and service is fine but the cap is what keeps us from getting it. My town isnt even listed on the Great Plains Communications to check for availbility, and even if it was, it would be availble at my house because we are like 15 miles out, were having someone come out Monday and were getting exede satellite which is 12 mb/s down and ping isnt going to be improved but at least its actually unlimited 12 am to 5 am and the we get 10 gbs the rest of the day. Thats kinda the reason I made this post is to explore our options a little bit more, but we have checked with EVERYONE and no one has a wired internet connection, 

Lol F-

Comcast even has a C-

what sony do you use btw camera tv what appliences of sony do you use

what sony do you use btw camera tv what appliences of sony do you use

Sony R55 60" 
Sony Grand Wega (Replaced by R55)
Sony Playstation 4 (1st edition)
Sony Playstation 3 (1st edition)
Sony Playstation 2 (1st edition)
Sony VAIO E(P) series 15" 
Sony VAIO FIT 15 (w/ 2GB 735M, 12GB RAM, Core i7)
Sony VAIO FIT 14A (Flip)
Sony VAIO Digitizer Stylus (1st edition)
Sony VAIO Digitizer Stylus (2nd edition)
Sony VAIO E series 15" Keyboard cover
Sony VAIO BT Mouse (Laser)
Sony PSP 2000
Sony PSP 4000
Sony ZX series headphones (ZX600)
Sony ZX series headphones (ZX310)
2x Sony Noise Canceling headphones
Sony MHC-EC900P Hi-Fi system
Sony 10 Speaker ~500W Premium Audio in Ford Escape
Some Sort of Sony 5.1 Audio system (Don't know model)
Sony Cybershot DSC-W70
Sony Cybershot G DSC-H70
Lots of Sony Memorysticks
Sony RDP-XF300IP Portable Bluetooth Dock
Sony Z1S (32GB) Phone/Camera 
Sony Walkman Sport (From the 90s!)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Sony R55 60" 
Sony Grand Wega (Replaced by R55)
Sony Playst
Sony Walkman Sport (From the 90s!)

holy shit one thing you do know the only reason that people buy sony cameras is that they can put leika lens's on them

holy shit one thing you do know the only reason that people buy sony cameras is that they can put leika lens's on them

And Sony makes the Sensors for most modern cameras, so technically you get the same stuff.

name them at least what companiescameras and if you say apple i will come to you house and shank you

May a higher power have mercy upon you.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

name them at least what companiescameras and if you say apple i will come to you house and shank you

Nikon, Apple, HTC, Motorolla, LG, Samsung, Cannon, Just to name a few.

Also, you can't shank me, I have a backstab shield.  

I believe all Nikon cameras use Sony sensors. Thats a pretty big portion right there. (Nikon is an optics company above all else)

Canon does not however, they make their own.

Sony sensors are also in like 90% of security cameras.

nope possibly possibly possibly no and no

cannon does not use sony so evrything you just said i take with agrain of salt along with i hate nikon sensors because they get ruined and dirty easily so I  use cannon

I...I...I still might have working 44.4kb/s dial up

So stop whining. I used 44.4kb/s dial up when I was a kid, and back then I was a kid so I got so annoyed at how slow it was.

But I feel your pain.

AND if I ever become a poor person, I have a 56k Dial up modem that I can get unlimited 44.4 kb/s internet for 180$/year

cannon does not use sony so evrything you just said i take with agrain of salt along with i hate nikon sensors because they get ruined and dirty easily so I  use cannon

We solely use Nikon cameras for work talking pictures at the top of cell phone towers. 8 years and about 50 cameras (across the company) later the only ones that have been replaced were dropped from 300' or ran over with machinery.

Never have I had a ruined sensor, although I replace the bayonet mount on the lenses quite a bit as the cameras get pretty beat up riding up and down the ropes, along with lots of broken screens.

Source: I'm the guy who repairs the cameras when they have issues.

We solely use Nikon cameras for work talking pictures at the top of cell phone towers. 8 years and about 50 cameras (across the company) later the only ones that have been replaced were dropped from 300' or ran over with machinery.

Never have I had a ruined sensor, although I replace the bayonet mount on the lenses quite a bit as the cameras get pretty beat up riding up and down the ropes.

Source: I'm the guy who repairs the cameras when they have issues.

300 feet who drops a camera from 300feet and i mostly use cannon because i jsut like the platform more