I can guarantee you I have the slowest internet on the forum

JoshK

Hughes net satellite is what we have. The correct cables for internet even DSL dont go by our house so this is our best option.

Here is our internet plan:

We get 10 gbs a month to use at 5 mb/s 

When we use that 10 gbs, we get something called FAPed (free access policy-ed) where it slows your speeds to around 20 kb/s, even down to 6 kb/s for the rest of the month, when our data usage resets.

all for 59.99

And then I see people say that their internet is slow and it sucks and they hate it. How would you feel in my shoes buddy?

And some of you guys that may have experience with satellite internet, no there is no "free download zone" overnight where you can use the service all you want without going against your daily usage. No there is no such thing, we get 10 gbs to use from 8 am to 2 am and then from 2 am to 8 am we get another 10 gbs which we use up both since I watch a lot of video, in 360p.

3852377014.png

Edit: the government needs to cough up the money to get internet in rural places, no not all of Nebraska is like that, I just happen to live on an acreage 15 miles from civilization, but the people that live 4 blocks from us get a DSL connection which is much better than what we have and we shouldnt have to sacrifice were we live for things like internet, its like were living in africa

how is f- even possible?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

a tip,never delete your internet cache.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oh my god... 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

1307 oing my eyes ohh 

post-66400-0-27381900-1413291650.gif
Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

jelly bro?

3852434593.png

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

jelly bro?

3852434593.png

nvm

WAT IN THE ACTUAL --------

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

u dont live in SF...

that was the nearest server based on ping. 

lol

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

that was the nearest server based on ping. 

yeah I realized...

at least you have good ping ;P

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

a tip,never delete your internet cache.

I dont even know what internet cache is, but i can also guarantee you that that is not the reason for our slow speeds haha

I dont even know what internet cache is, but i can also guarantee you that that is not the reason for our slow speeds haha

Yeah I know ,with some content cached on your PC some websites will load faster (facebook for example)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

yeah I realized...

at least you have good ping ;P

before, ping was like 20000 at least. idk how it got so good.

internet cache is what helps load pages faster. if you delete that, it be pretty much suicide.

U mad bro

post-66400-0-82780500-1410543200.png
Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Out of the 138,904 members on this forum, I'm confident there is atleast 1 person with 56k dialup that is slower.

Haha this is slower than dial up, trust me that I know what Im talking about. We upgraded from dial up to this and it was better. At least it has stable speeds throughout the month, we use up our usage pretty much as soon as the new month rolls around. 

jelly bro?

3852434593.png

I would rather have that than what we have. 

U mad bro

Fuck off. I don't like you. At all.

Haha this is slower than dial up, trust me that I know what Im talking about. We upgraded from dial up to this and it was better. At least it has stable speeds throughout the month, we use up our usage pretty much as soon as the new month rolls around. 

I would rather have that than what we have. 

good luck trying to download a steam game. steam for me always downloads at 200kbps.

good luck trying to download a steam game. steam for me always downloads at 200kbps.

and i get 2 ping to my favorite server for games #optimummasterrace

I WISH steam would download for me at that speed, I get around 2 kb/s while downloading in steam. 

U mad bro

Yes.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I WISH steam would download for me at that speed, I get around 2 kb/s while downloading in steam. 

wow that sucks so you are using a dish network hmm do you have 4glte. 4g or 3g in your area as they would have faster speeds

i'd imagine csgo taking 2 years at that speed to finish.

I should start a kickstarter for $40,000 to get the cables ran, which is what Century Link told us it would cost. They said the reason they dont run the cables is because it wouldnt be cost effective for like one or two houses, which I hate to say it but I agree with them, but they should honestly just run the damn cables.