hi guys, 

After watching Linus review of the NZXT Kraken G10, I've decided to include it in my new build. My question is actually about the radiators that I'll use with the all in one cooling loops.

I'll be using this case from NZXT. The idea is to have the x61 Kraken (for the CPU) mounted at the top of the case with 2x 140mm fans. Then 2x x31 Krakens mounted in the front behind the 120mm fans. These two x31 Krakens will be for my 2 G10 brackets (SLI config)

Any one who has experience or knowledge of the H440 I would love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.

post-153350-0-74774900-1414015792.jpg

With the amount you are putting into closed loop coolers why not just build a full custom loop?

I don't have an answer for your actual question, sorry :(

ya i recommend doing a custom loop, unless you just feel bad doing it, it will still be fine

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

A custom loop would be cheaper, now you're planning on getting 3 pumps in 1 system where a custom loop could do with 1 pump. Not to mention how cool a proper custom loop looks.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

@AlexanderLuiten

Ignore those guys.  They are just jealous that they spent three to four times as much, just to get similar performance.

I'm going to refer you to my link "How to Water Cool your CPU + GPU for Under $200"

The only difference is that my setup uses a single GPU, not two.  If you decide to go through with doing 2x G10's, you are going to want to set your X31's to exhaust on the front of your case, while having the X61 and rear fan as intakes.  Reason being, the air that comes out of the 120mm radiator for GPUs is incredibly hot, and it can increase your system's temps by as much as 11C, but usually 5C.  To avoid that, set the fans to exhaust so that hot air is blowing outside of your case, not in it.  I'm not sure how you plan to have 3 front fans while keeping the G10's connected?  You might have to do just two.

An alternative, is to buy just one G10 bracket and use it on your top card.  In SLI configs, it is usually the top card that runs very hot, while the bottom card runs at normal temperatures.  If you do it that way, set your GPU's AIO to exhaust in the rear mounting spot, and have the X61 and front fans set to intake.  Doing tihs also allows you to set up push/pull for your GPU's AIO, which helps with temperatures and noise a lot.  Lastly, if you do decide to go with just 1 G10 and AIO, don't get the X31.  I have the X31 and it was problematic to get set up properly.  It had a really bad rattling noise, took awhile to fix.  Now, even though the rattling is gone, the pump is still loud and it makes a lot of water movement noise.  It is normal for an AIO to make that noise, but my X31 does this WAY too often.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

hey guys cheers for the comments. 

I've been building PC's for a while, but I've never built custom water cooled loops. Also figured it was a cheaper alternative. however if anyone can shed light on how and where to start a full custom water cooling loop I'm all ears. 

Faceman - thanks for your input, I had considered the exhaust venting into the case, didn't realise it could add as much as 11C to the internal temp :/ that is disappointing to know. however am now reading your link :D

Cheers again guys.

hey guys cheers for the comments. 

I've been building PC's for a while, but I've never built custom water cooled loops. Also figured it was a cheaper alternative. however if anyone can shed light on how and where to start a full custom water cooling loop I'm all ears. 

Faceman - thanks for your input, I had considered the exhaust venting into the case, didn't realise it could add as much as 11C to the internal temp :/ that is disappointing to know. however am now reading your link :D

Cheers again guys.

Yea, its not always going to increase temps by 11C, that was just one guy who had the G10 in an mATX case.  Switching the radiator fans from intake to exhaust usually provides a 4-5C temperature difference.  A lot of heat comes out of these 230-250TDP cards, you want that hot air out of your case, not blowing into it.  I know conventional wisdom is "suck cold air in" but in this case, you want the radiator as exhaust because the air coming out is hot.  Especially in an H440 with already questionable airflow, stick with exhaust.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

well if you're buying all those CLC's then better go with a custom loop.

but if you already have the top and a few of the krakens then just go with CLC.

don't listen to other people telling you to just go with CLC if you don't even have any of those CLC yet.

but to be real it's just cheaper to go with a custom loop. they work better look better and upgradability wise they are better.

Live your life like a dream.

well if you're buying all those CLC's then better go with a custom loop.

but if you already have the top and a few of the krakens then just go with CLC.

don't listen to other people telling you to just go with CLC if you don't even have any of those CLC yet.

but to be real it's just cheaper to go with a custom loop. they work better look better and upgradability wise they are better.

How much would it cost to get this kind of performance out of a custom loop?

BF4Temps

How much would it cost to get this kind of performance out of a custom loop?

You could do it sub $200 fairly easily it just wouldn't be very nice looking...

Get a generic pump or one for a fish tank/pond

Get universal blocks and a 240mm rad, get some cheap vinyl tubing.

------------------------

I've been on both sides of the coin and am currently enjoying a corsair h100i on my CPU.

Prior to this I had a custom loop cooling my CPU and 2 6970s.

The big advantage a closed loop has over a custom is the lack of maintenance.

With that said, I think having 3 in a system is just overkill.

Get a decent D5 pump(and a res either built in or not)

Get either a single high FPI 280 rad for the top or two(top/front) that are not nearly as nice.

Water blocks are the most expensive part but, if you're willing to settle you can get universal blocks for your GPUs and connect them together VIA soft tubing,

------------------------

@Faceman, you do realize your temperatures are not that impressive right? The cpu is about on par for any aftermarket cooler rather it be on air or AIO water. The temperature on you're gpu is not that much higher than the stock solution would run it and even then the stock solution is well under TDP.

The only thing you may have which depends on your fans really is silent operation, in which case a silent cooling operation for a decent machine under $200 would be pretty impressive. However if you replaced all the fans on your AIOs with high quality silent ones you would need to add another ~50 or so. Interesting, but too ugly for my case  ;)

@laxer

You're crazy. 

Maybe those temps are on par for a stock CPU, but mine is overclocked.  My CPU is running pretty damn cool considering I only paid $56 for that cooler.  Show me another cooler that is $50-$60 that performs as well.

GTX 780s often run between 70-85C. Mine never breaks 49C even after 5 hours of gaming.  So no idea what you're talking about.

If someone wanted to get the same performance, it would cost $200 in GPU block + CPU block alone, realistically, closer to $600 for the full thing, single CPU + GPU.

I agree that putting 3 AIOs in one system will look cramped, especially in an H440, but plenty of people do it, and do it well. Check the OCN G10 Owner's Club, it is common and looks great when done properly.  I wanted to present the option to do just one CPU + AIO because it is typically the top card that runs hot and would have better gains with the G10.

I have the stock fans on everything except I added an extra 120mm fan on the X31 which is included in the $178 total for both CPU and GPU AIOs.

G10 12

4.5 is a fairly mild overclock on the 4670k, a high end air or just about any AIO would get similar performance, for $56 it is quite good especially for an AIO. You could probably get similar with a huge air one for $40...

As for the actual discussion, yes you could get better performance with a cheaper custom loop solution it would probably just look way worse  ;)

A decent block for the CPU/GPU could probably be had for ~100-120, add a nice large bucket, a pond pump, some generic tubing and you will be rocking better performance...

OR I don't pay water where I live, when i used to run a full custom loop I thought about just removing the pump and running cold tap water through my system all the time... Never did it though -_-

Of course there are countless alternatives. To do water cooling correctly and look nice I agree you will be spending more than $200 but, if you just want the performance benefits than you could skimp by either with AIO or cheap loops.

I think two AIO in a system is tolerable, 3 is a little excessive. Additionally, good luck running a multiple card setup with the tubes and the g10s in the way...